The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:49 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, upon completing a side quest for Captain Stern, the player is given a choice between a DeepSeaScale and a DeepSeaTooth. They evolve Clamperl when traded into Gorebyss and Huntail respectively. Did you ever complete this side quest? Which item did you choose and why? Which do you like better, Gorebyss or Huntail? Do you regret your decision?

Discuss!
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I usually don't bother getting the prize after I get the Scanner. I want it all to myself. But no really, I just get the one I need more. I do prefer Gorebyss to Huntail though, while we're here. Clamperl though. Man. This guy. Give him either of those items and take him to the E4. I'm not kidding, he can beast. I had to use him unevolved once. THIS GUY. Nobody messes with Clamperl.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I remember completing it and getting myself a DeepSeaScale. At the time I didn't know the difference, so I just chose at random. Gorebyss turned out to be my 4th favourite Pokémon and the one in my Ruby is the most precious Pokémon I own. I certainly don't regret my decision.
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:07 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
I don't think I've done the quest but if I was going to it would be DeepSeaScale for Gorebyss cause I really like the design and would like to use one in-game sometime
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:09 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I actually never bothered using the DeepSeaScale or Tooth, but I did end up picking Tooth out of the two. I much preferred Huntail's aggressive design, and decided if I ever got around to it, I'd rather have it than Gorebyss.
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:22 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

I picked the Tooth and got a Huntail, but I don't remember anything about my experience with it. I remember it got Baton Pass, but there was nothing to use with it.
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:18 PM
mdbarton80
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Gorebyss because he just had that awesome look and his speed helped me beat my friend. Never got around to fully working with it because at the time the girlfriend I had threw my GBA out the car window.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links