Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Reload this Page [Gen IV] need to find the best special sweeper for my team :)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old January 16th, 2013 (07:31 AM).
Battle Amateur

Nature: Jolly
4th gen and our ban list is made off of what is permitted into the battle tower/factory

My team is specs Latios,banded garchomp,DDance gyarados,banded scizor and the 5th was supposed to be mixed physically based infernape but I'm having some difficulties breeding it at the moment :/ might pick someone else

so basically my team is hyper offense none of my friends use rocks/spikes so I wanted to make a team that is basically a team of really strong sweepers I just need help filling the last slot I had planned on using a timid subroost zapdos but i decided against it because of 2 ice weaknesses and another rock weakness

I did a little research and some notable mentions are

calm mind raikou a few generations ago it was THE best special sweeper only 1 weakness and after a calm mind and life orb boost can 2hko anything thats not pink and fat

Gengar because its gengar its fast and powerful and can run lots of different sets can even run destiny bond if its going down

Alakazam I was never an alakazam fan i didnt like the idea of dying from a quick attack from a pikachu(exaggeration) but as far as I know it has the highest sp.atk of all non-ubers tied with porygon-z but is much faster than porygon-z

scarf porygon-z same as above scarf is for speed but I have too many choice items already I would prefer not to use him

rotom-w in soulsilver its typing is ghost/electric :/ but its powerful all the same it getting stap shadowball instead of stab hydropump isnt much different is quite bulky and can spread paralysis use pain slit or hit like a tank with specs all around nice bulky pokemon

togekiss nice and bulky but I hate its speed stat nasty plot is nice though along with roost

rain dance swift swim kingdra hard to set up and hard to decide what to hold damp rock for longer rain is nice but life orb is needed for a lot of ohko's also already have 2 dragons I usually only have one on each team

jolteon fast and strong simple

azelf is out of the question I already caught mine and I wont be able to get one with good ivs

if anyone has any ideas for a powerful sweeper please share it needs to be fast and strong or be able to set up and sweep bulky sweepers arent bad either but the 2 best ones have been mentioned excl cresselia
Old January 16th, 2013 (12:59 PM).
Veteran

I believe this goes in Competitive team help. You'll get more recognition there.
PM me if this is too much trouble.

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 17th, 2013 (09:28 AM).
awooo
ModeratorBSCS

Send a message via Skype™ to wolf
Please edit your thread with the following format; it's required for RMT threads.

Quote originally posted by Wolflare:
— An easy-to-read format is preferred, but not necessary.
Please don't change your text to the point where it's unreadable. Simplicity is the key. Adding pictures for each Pokémon is always nice as well, so that your post doesn't look like a huge wall of text. For example, a good layout to use for each of your Pokémon would be:

Pokémon @ Item
Ability (if required)
EVs
Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

Additional descriptions for each your Pokémon's roles and how the team works in general is also very useful for team raters. Then again, if you can't think of anything to explain about your team, you don't need to bother adding comments.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)