The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
I'm alright. I could be 100 times better, but I've only just got the beginning stuff done.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikaru View Post
I know they are terrible, but I can't sprite, and since no one else seems to want the job, someone's gotta do it right? I use these as a template for the models, so if they look bad, the models might not.
In these cases it might just be better to provide a sketch, or even just some descriptions on how they'd look like... You aren't making any good impressions with this...

Btw, are you sure adding fakemon is a smart idea? You think youll be able to design, model , and balance out an entire region worth of Pokemon? modeling the existing ones already seems more than a huge challenge to me.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarmasecreta View Post
In these cases it might just be better to provide a sketch, or even just some descriptions on how they'd look like... You aren't making any good impressions with this...

Btw, are you sure adding fakemon is a smart idea? You think youll be able to design, model , and balance out an entire region worth of Pokemon? modeling the existing ones already seems more than a huge challenge to me.
That's why I'm debating whether I should do it with Unity. Longer. It could take 10 years. I could just add the fakemon, but I'm planning to only add around 50. Excluding the 17 legends that are going to be introduced.

MONSTERRA
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
You could add a few pokemon and a few fakemon, you dont have to add everything, you could make it so you cant catch pokemon, you just get them, or like in Colosseum and XD where you only have a limited number to catch

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old January 18th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
You could add a few pokemon and a few fakemon, you dont have to add everything, you could make it so you cant catch pokemon, you just get them, or like in Colosseum and XD where you only have a limited number to catch
I could. I'm going to have real Poke's in there though, so no worries there. Believe it or not, the game is getting a revamp. A fairly large one. There is a new storyline, and more to come.

MONSTERRA
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I could. I'm going to have real Poke's in there though, so no worries there. Believe it or not, the game is getting a revamp. A fairly large one. There is a new storyline, and more to come.
Ah that's nice to hear. Also, try to make sure you get your planning and priorities straight. You should look up on things as scrum or MoSCoW. Don't be over-ambitious. You should work first on more important things like the engine, or the new battle-system. The sprites you showed can't be more important than those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikaru
It could take ten years.
If you admit it is that much work, don't you agree with me that this isn't the right path to take?
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Thats cool, good luck!
but all im saying is if you limit the number of pokemon the player could get, it makes it easier to go about making sprites.

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old January 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarmasecreta View Post
Ah that's nice to hear. Also, try to make sure you get your planning and priorities straight. You should look up on things as scrum or MoSCoW. Don't be over-ambitious. You should work first on more important things like the engine, or the new battle-system. The sprites you showed can't be more important than those things.

If you admit it is that much work, don't you agree with me that this isn't the right path to take?
When you see the update, you'll see what's different from this to the other game. The battle system remains, however, it will not be 3D sadly. :'( I had to kinda screw that idea 'cause it could take a darn long time otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
Thats cool, good luck!
but all im saying is if you limit the number of pokemon the player could get, it makes it easier to go about making sprites.
Yeah, I will, don't worry. Some are practically impossible to get. However, there is a way to get them.

Also, guys, this will even be getting a name change. New Name: Pokemon Lunar. Please, if there is already a game that has this name, or you think it's a copy, it's not a copy at all. Sorry, but I'm no copier. You just want to keep an idea for yourself. As Mufasa would say, "MUFASA!" (That's actually a Pokemon in the game. It's awesome).

MONSTERRA
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Welcoming Wylet, a new Pokemon that shall appear in Pokemon Lunar!

Species: Poison Snake Pokemon
Ability: Intimidate
Type: Dark/Poison
Entry: It's glare can sometimes be enough to paralyze people. It also has been seen spitting out venom that's strength is the equivalent of 200 Ekans'.
Signature moves: Death Glare - Paralyzes opponent.
Venom Spit - Paralyzes opponent. Power = 80. Accuracy = 95

MONSTERRA
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Excuse me for the double post, but I just realized I haven't posted in here for a while. Anyway, the game's new storyline is done, and also, a few Fakemon are fully planned, and ready to be sprited.

MONSTERRA
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Closing this thread at the request of the thread creator.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here