The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old December 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Game of Luck

[ Welcome to the world of Pokémon- ]

-Albeit a slightly different one than you are used to. The biggest difference? Pokémon die.

Pokémon training has always been the world’s eldest sport, and most widely practiced one. Everyone is encouraged to at least give it a try, it is normal for teenagers from age 16 (the minimum age for getting a trainer’s license) and to fill a gap year between finishing high school and starting their further education or career with Pokémon training. In fact, it is rare to find any adult that at one point in their lives haven't dabbled in the training of Pokémon. A select few continue even afterwards, becoming a professional trainer or gym leader. Pokémon training is everywhere, it;'s a huge part of everyday life.

Due to excessive capturing as well as fatal training against wild Pokémon have been getting scarce all over the world for the past two decades. After Kanto became almost entirely devoid of wild Pokémon the league issued strict laws for the preservation of wildlife. For one, trainers may only catch one Pokémon per route, these are recorded on the trainer card and going over your limit will result in the revoking of trainer privileges. As Pokémon roam it can be difficult to keep track of them, however, and with the right computer knowledge one can quite easily override the chip of the trainer card. There are heavy punishments if caught. Another law prohibits the killing of wild Pokémon. This is not so readily checked and some trainers don’t mind the law and do so anyway. If caught the punishment will depend on the severity of the crime, from the revoking of trainer priviledges to a sentencing to prison.

But there’s trouble rising. Pokémon get hurt in battles, some even die, this has always been an accepted fact. Battling is always risky, even getting knocked out can mean internal damage for the creature. Battles are usually fought by the trainer determining when to give up, if they recall their Pokémon that Pokémon is forfeit, but it is quite common for the Pokémon to perish either in battle or after from their injuries. There are even adrenaline injection darts you can give your Pokémon to get them to fight past their breaking point, resulting in the death of the Pokémon, but a chance to win your battle. Pokémon death is an accepted part of battling, even a strategy at times. After all, Pokémon are just tools for a sport, aren’t they?

And that’s where the trouble comes from, to some, they are not. A movement that started in Unova and has seen a steady rise around the world since, Pokémon Rights Activists, fights for more rights for Pokémon. They think it beastly to exploit living creatures like that. They have succeeded in banning adrenaline injections in several regions, namely Unova, Johto and Kanto, as well as more safety restrictions on official battles (mainly gyms) where most casualties occur. Even in the most remote places there has been a rise of activists. There has even been word of extremist measures by so-called Pokémon Freedom Fighters, terrorists targeting the League in the name of Pokémon. They’ve caused a lot of trouble in Unova and other regions already, mostly targeting trainers.

[ And what about you? ]

Welcome to the region of Sinnoh.

You are an aspiring trainer, either native to Sinnoh or coming from another region, who’s serious about Pokémon battling. Pokémon Professors are the only ones who can give away trainer cards, you shall be getting yours from Professor Cyprus in Sunnyshore City. From there on you shall travel the region, collecting the 8 badges in order to challenge the Pokémon League. You will have your own opinions and beliefs on Pokémon battling, and on the way these shall be challenged.

[ The Dice Mechanics ]

There are two ways the dice will be used. For one, Pokémon encounters. I will determine the Pokémon you are allowed to capture, giving you a choice between two (remember, unless the dice says otherwise, you may only catch one of them), determine by dice. This way, just like an actual Nuzlocke challenge, your team will be quite random.

Then, every time you enter a new area (from the first route onwards) I will roll a die for each of you that will give you something random to put into your story.

1. Kill off one Pokémon of your choice. (void if you have only one Pokémon)
2. Nothing Happens.
3. You may not catch anything in this area.
4. You must battle a trainer in this area.
5. One random Pokémon (by dice) is killed off. (Void if you have only one Pokémon)
6. One random Pokémon (by dice) may never evolve.
7. You must catch a Pokémon in this area.
8. You may catch the evolved form of your first random encounter.
9. You may catch as many Pokémon as you wish.
10. The Pokémon your capture in this area will have an Egg Move.
11. One random Pokémon (by dice) may immediately evolve in this area.
12. Kill off two Pokémon of your choice. (One if you have only two, void if you have only one.)

[ The Rules of the Land ]

- This roleplay is rated M for violence, for obvious reasons. Pokémon get wounded in this roleplay, and they die in this roleplay. Still, keep it tasteful and followed the PC rules, please.
- You must obey the Dice. Catching Pokémon, killing off Pokémon or battling trainers, you may do on your own accord too. Keep in mind that, unless stated otherwise, you may only catch one Pokémon at once, I cannot stress this enough.
- You are only allowed to have 6 Pokémon with you at all times. Your PokéNav has a function that lets you switch team members on the spot though. You may not switch during official battles.
- Interaction with other players can be done at any time, however it will be limited to joined posts.
- Pokémon will have levels according to the games, they will have 8 move slots though, for writing purposes. I shall be liberal with them in the beginning to facilitate growth, Pokémon have rather sucky movesets in the beginning, usually, but they shall level up more slowly throughout the rp.
- There shall be no reservations, instead I will give it 5 days after acceptance to hand in sign-ups and I will pick the 5 best ones to participate

[ Sign-Up Sheet ]

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:
Starter: [You may choose your own started, any basic unevolved Pokémon will do. I will give you their statistics upon your acceptance]
Roleplay Example: [Show me how you roleplay, this can be a post for another roleplay or an intro to your character if you haven’t been in a roleplay before. This is a fairly advanced roleplay so I’d like fairly advanced players.]

Find me on:

Storenvy :: DeviantART :: Tumblr :: Twitter
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
Like I am going to resist bringing this one back!

Name: Luca Keress, formerly known as Diana Lilliane Foster

Personality:

Luca's a jerk, at least for the most part. He can back up his bark, and believe me he can bark a lot. He's a constant glarer, daring people to come closer. Haughty and rough mannered, with less letters in his words than a stop sign, Luca prefers the solitude and violence of a monstrous brute. He will maintain this image as long as he can. He will interrupt others for fun and snicker when people fail. If he has to speak, he's the smartmouth. Quick-tempered to the point of there being no fuse, there is little to no nice bones in his body. And they're probably in his repeatedly broken fingers. His voice is oddly soft, coldly cruel and enticing. You would think butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. Yes, Luca, you're evil and you love it.

Except... she doesn't.

This is just the role he has to play. He has to completely and utterly contradict who she is. Her life depends on it. Bury Diana. Bury the silly worthless little girl who wasn't meant to be. She cannot be kind and meek. Her purpose in life is to be Luca, no one else. That was what she was born for, what she was made for. Luca was a fool, a wild child with no hope and no purpose. She would make him have one. She would make him win.

But was this the right thing for him to do?

To battle is nothing to her. It's just another clashing of energy. Though Luca has a soft spot for the Pokemon he cares for, ultimately he wants results. And results mean struggling to him. Hard work is never the issue but others themselves are unnecessary. There is no need for friends, they would flee anyway. Even though Diana secretly wonders what having a normal friend would be like, it's best to squash this desire. In the world of competitive battling, no one is immune.

A master of disguise, even as Luca, she can easily become almost anyone else. It doesn't really bother her. After all when you're born not to be you, a new identity is easy to perform. Also a good judge of character for the most part she can read people like their wikipedia entries. He doesn't do it very often due to that bringing attention and... that's just difficult to deal with all right?

Appearance:

Dude, you're scary.

That is the first thing people think when they see Luca walking. Small but dangerous. Everything about him her is pointy. There are so few curves on this fella, preferring straight muscle, sharp body movements. He is catlike and light, good for gymnastics and kicking right where it hurts. Sometimes he even walks with a bit of a hunch, keep people guessing, curious, frightened by his permanent amber-yellow glare. But most of the time he is ramrod straight. You can change your attitude but not your habits I suppose. His hair is short and black, sticking up all over the place and running up and down his face and cheeks with hair gel. His hands have no real nails and there's an odd red scar running diagonally down his left cheek. Half the time at least one hand has a brass knuckle resting gently on it. Paranoid bugger knows little better I would guess.

Surprisingly this intimidating buddy-boy doesn't really dress like a punk. He dresses like a neat bro. Grey dress shirt with a tie thrown haphazardly over a shoulder, he intends to use it smack people in the face and run. His black over shirt is more like a gakuran, but looser and typically on his shoulder with invisible magic sticky tape. Luca even wears jeans and sneakers. He's trying to be normal, inconspicuous. He just looks dangerous. Fail man. Just fail.

Typically his expression is rather deadpan, distant and deep in thought. Don't try stealing from him while he's like that. His bag is special, at least according to him. No one knows what's in there... no one who can tell anyway.

History:

What is my purpose?

That is a question everyone asks once in their lives. At least they are meant to.

Diana never had the chance.

She was born to the Fosters, a family great and powerful that specialized in... replacements. Born to not be herself, she has been training and learning her entire life to be a dying boy. Or to be more specific, the new version of the dying boy.

The request came from a mafia family for the Sinnoh branch, which Diana was born to. Their little boy, their heir, was born ill. And you see, twisted logic aside... they NEED. AN. HEIR. Simply put, the Keress sought a child who could become their dying heir and rise over them all. In Diana they found the face but not the soul. That would change, rather quickly. Day after day, almost without rest, she was taught every aspect of the world until she learned to soak up information, almost like a sponge. Fighting became natural, cruelty merely a tactic to win. Since the age of five, this was her life.

Did no one stand up for her you ask? Did no one love you you ask?

People loved her. Her family loved her deeply. However, this is the tradition. Her brother Damian was raised to be a chef apprentice for a chef on the S.S. Anne. Her sister was a musician, a master at becoming someone else so quickly that she had taken on three identities in her life and was already so well known and strong her name was never spoken out of reverence and fear. There was no time for Diana to admire her... but shouldn't she? Wasn't that was siblings did for each other? Didn't they fight, praise, love each other? She did not know. And not knowing made her a curious young woman. And curiosity is dangerous.

When she was thirteen, her skills were put precariously to the test when the boy died and the Keress had to save face. It was very close but she managed to fool them all. Or rather, she managed to become Luca, rather easily in fact. However, this only served to tie her deeper to this family. Simply put, if she is discovered to not be the heir, he will be killed. If the mafia finds him as the heir, she will be killed. This hanging over her head, Diana continued her work.

Four years later, Luca is sent to Sunnyshore. Why? To set things straight. The little miscreant branches are becoming quite, quite unruly. That simply will not do. In any way possible, she is to tear everything apart in her way. There will be no distractions, no mercy. There will only be darkness and death. There will only be pain. But now Diana is starting to wonder. And curiosity is a dangerous thing.

Starter: Deino

Example Roleplay: For Monster Art Online (though I nearly put my old first post up... XD)

Player Interaction...

"Is that your other Pokemon?"

The girl who asked this was odd... rather detached as it were. Ange didn't mean in looks. No she didn't at all. They were in a game after all and looks didn't mean everything. Her hair was pink though, something she once would have missed. Also she was tall, rather tall. It made her have to crane her neck to see her eyes. Ah the eyes, that was it. The eyes had an odd sort of feel to them. She was real. Oh yes she was ground in something real and it was very, very strange.

She had a weird... squid-like creature. It was a tentacle monster. What were they called? The manual for the game was no use... but someone had to have said what it was. A Tenta...cool. Ah yes that was it. It was rather cute... but probably felt a lot like Sia.

"Oh yes," Ange replied without thinking to the question. "I would have caught one earlier but most of the Pokemon leave you alone at night you see. Or at least they did there." She held up a red and white ball from her bag. "There were a lot of these scattered around on the ground. Well, not a lot," Ange amended gently. "But a couple. It was strange, rather like someone dropped them." Sia gurgled at her, looking rather amused at his trainer's rambling. He was not telepathic, at least not that he was aware. And even if he was, it wasn't particularly interesting to project his thoughts. Ange had enough problems without voices in her head.

Ange then suddenly paused from her dazed musings. "Are you a player too? You're probably smarter than I am. Never touched a game before..." She stopped and fell silent, patiently looking off toward the grass. It was rustling a bit, rather persistently. "My that was startling. Noisy creatures." The words were fond, almost like she was remarking on that crazy, distant uncle instead of the normal creatures of the environment.

Old December 27th, 2012, 01:48 PM
InkFrog
Togepi

Oh, I am SOOOOO in on this *rubs hands together*

Sam Heights in Tainted Waters
TEAM:

Jack Mesa in Ultimate Tournament
TEAM:
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

Oooo GoL is back. Be sure to reserve me a spot. Not to sure if I want to use my old character or start a new onerous otherwise I'd just have my old her instead of this post.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old December 28th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Ash_Ketchum123
^^ Ninjas ^^

Interesting *u* I'm currently not in any Pokemon RP, so what the heck >.< Time to revive my good old friend, Akihiko Shigeru

Work in progress...

Spoiler:
Name: Akihiko Shigeru

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Starter: [You may choose your own started, any basic unevolved Pokémon will do. I will give you their statistics upon your acceptance]

Roleplay Example: [Show me how you roleplay, this can be a post for another roleplay or an intro to your character if you haven’t been in a roleplay before. This is a fairly advanced roleplay so I’d like fairly advanced players.]

I've been longing for...
daisies to push through the floor
And I wish plant life would grow all around me
So I won't feel dead anymore

Another New Game

They call me ACE
Roleplayer

Last edited by Ash_Ketchum123; December 28th, 2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Glad to have you back Fuyu, I always regretted now seeing Luca/Diana in real action last time, I'm quite excited to be given another chance!

As for the others, I look forward to seeing your sheets, as a gentle reminder, you all have until new years day to hand them in.

Find me on:

Old December 29th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Fuyu
Battle!

It's good to be back! And on Luca's home turf no less! :D

Old December 29th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Aquataris
Veteran Trainer.

Nature: Calm
I'd like to Join

--------------------------------Reserved post for SU-----------------------

Name: Zackariah Gyausai
Personality: He's cool calm a collected
Appearance:
History:

Aww darn it. I think this is gonna be ANOTHER RP that wont accept me, I want to meet the standards but the reality is I'd really need about a month to do this.

Click on the this link and scroll to the bottom and there is the things that would be here
My RolePlays(GM of...):Dimensions Collide (Fail Remake of Dimension's End) [T] (Dead)
My PC Family:
My Little Sister: chef30!
My Lovely Pair Ex-Pair: RoleplayGirl11!
My Sister: DarkAngel

Last edited by Aquataris; December 29th, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM
InkFrog
Togepi

GUH this is so terribly long I believe I'm going to put it behind a spoiler and only inflict it on the people who really want to read it XD I got a bit carried away with this character idea >3>;;

Spoiler:

Name: Leo Pride
Personality: If there's one thing you can say about Leo, it is that it's incredibly hard to bring his spirits down. He seems to cling to an unending cheefulness and optimism that most people would find difficult to maintain. He greets everyone with extreme friendliness, regardless of what they look like or how they dress. He would happily approach someone in a rocket uniform as if they were a soccer-mom out for groceries. He can take quite a bit of verbal abuse before his blind friendliness expires, but Leo prefers to simply disengage from anyone he finds distasteful rather than butting heads. Though he's friendly, he does not seem like he actually seeks out the company of other people with any sort of regularity. In fact, he's perfectly happy in his own little world. He seems not quite socialized enough to empathize quite completely with other people. He's fairly flippant when it comes to other people's needs and feelings; he almost views them more as characters populating his own little world as opposed to fully realized individuals of their own. He has an intense curiosity and he likes to touch and inspect everything that catches his interest, and often ignores people's personal space, and occasionally the laws of personal possession to sate his curiosity. Pokemon seem to have avoided this treatment somehow; Leo will share his heart with them connecting with them quickly, and deeply concerned with their own well being and emotions. Galaxy, his Staryu, seems to be the receiver of many unspoken secrets and attention. He inherently trusts pokemon even more than people. This can see a bit odd, as Leo is mute, and unless the person he is talking to knows sign language, can only communicate through written word or through pantomime, which mostly only humans react to.

Of course, his silly and cheerful little demeanor is only the facet that the world sees most readily. As idle and ditzy as he may seem interacting with people, he is never unaware. Perhaps it's a side effect of his psychic powers, but he seems to have a supernatural awareness of what's going on around him, and it's very hard to surprise him. Though he shows little understanding of danger and consequences, he does actually understand, it seems he just doesn't care. He shows little fear for his own safety, and though he will bite and claw and fight to the death to survive, danger doesn't seem to scare or slow him down at all. His goofy personality, trusting nature and mute pantomime to communicate that can come off as over-exaggerated may make people think he's dumb, but he actually has an incredibly sharp mind that takes glee in deconstructing the puzzles his curiosity brings to him. Though Leo cares little of what people think of him, he's also quite vain, always putting effort into his appearance to the point where a mirror is one of his must have items along with his journey. He uses it plenty, checking his makeup and smoothing his hair after any potential disruption. At the bottom of it all, Leo clings terribly hard onto his cheerfulness, both as a face to show the world, and a way to battle his own inner tiredness and grim past experiences. When all the doors are closed, and even his pokemon are looking away, sometimes the smile fades down into a soft tired line, and the seemingly endless pool of energy proves to be shallow. In these moments, the quietness can overtake him and he becomes rather contemplative and grim. Usually a good rest is all that is needed to pull him out of it though, as it's usually accompanied by physical weariness.
Appearance: Leo certainly is a... colorful boy in appearance. His wardrobe is extremely colorful and garish to the point of being offending to the eyes. He pairs patterns that shouldn't be allowed next to each other at all, and though he prefers bright yellows with dashes of blue, there's plenty of room in any outfit and its clashing patterns he wears for all the colors of the rainbow to sneak in somehow. He tends to wear layers and oversized clothes, the combined effect of which thoroughly obscures his figure aside from his waist which is frequently cinched tight with a belt or woven tassel of some sort. He actually has a small whiteboard that is frequently hanging around his neck for when he wishes to say something short and fast and doesn't want to bring out his notebook to do so. His long sleeves are often pulled over his hands and dirtied with the ink he erases from the board frequently, the ends black and blue with the stuff. The whole effect makes him seem like some sort of ragged escaped circus boy, very much unbecoming and not representative at all of the wealth he comes from.

Of course, his unique look does not stop with his clothes. He has a new hairstyle every week it seems, and is no stranger to dyes of unnatural color. For his journey, he's managed to restrain himself to a single hairdo of more natural color than most of his choices: honey blond hair meticulously laid out into an extremely neat hairdo. His bangs are longish parted to his far left, and sweep across his face, partially obscuring his right eye slightly. The short hairs gracing the very back of his neck have been dyed a dark black and gradiate up to brown and then the same blond that the rest of his hair is. With such pride in his hair, it's not at all surprising that he preens, constantly smoothing it down and checking it. He is vain enough to wear make-up, not minding the femininity that the mascara and shadow he wears adds, and a single stud in his left ear glimmers and adds just a hint of sparkle to his face.

Not that he needs much extra sparkle. Leo is always grinning and his big blue eyes do all the sparkling that he needs. He's highly expressive, partially because of his need to be in order to communicate clearly with people, and partially because he's just fond of theatrics. He carries the air of his own wonderment and excitement with him. His face is thin, and chin pointy but not exactly small or unpronounced. High, defined cheekbones and surprisingly faint eyebrows make him looks slightly feminine, though the delicateness of the rest of his face is slightly interrupted by a nose that is a bit larger than it needs to be. It's long and pointed, with a thin, less distinguished bridge that takes no attention away from the beak-ish end.

All this of course, creates an image of a boy who looks as bright and unrelentingly cheerful and colorful as he acts, but just as his mood changes out of the public eye, so too is Leo's whole appearance carefully constructed to hide what's underneath. All those layers and distracting colors in his outfit hide the fact that Leo is bone thin, and not in an attractive way. His collarbone and hips stick out harshly, and if you remove his shirt the ripples of his ribs beneath his skin are visible. There is a little wiry muscle to his form, but not enough to counteract his significant weight issue, and even being slightly taller than average doesn't give him visual weight. At the end of the day when he removes his makeup, some of the darkness around his eyes lingers and it becomes clear that the healthy pinkness of his lips is artificial. Most telling of all is his hair, which, like his makeup, is removed at the end of the day. That smooth, slick, neat blond hair is removed; the wig covering no longer the short, thin, scraggly, light brown fuzz that is the of Leo's natural hair that has managed to grow back after his last treatment of chemo and radiation. When the excitement of the day is over and Leo is alone, he just looks bone tired and worn, but despite that he will always spare a smile for other people and for his pokemon.
History:
Leo's life started out as one of promise. He was born to two relatively affluent parents who provided for his every need, and was for all intents and purposes a happy baby and toddler. Even as a young child, he began showing intense promise. He learned incredibly fast, so much so that he actually was given the opportunity when he was five to take one of the tests to determine psychic potential in young trainers. Psychic trainers were in even higher demand now that pokemon had turned vicious, and they had a taelnt with working with psychic and ghost pokemon that could be some of the most dangerous. Though the tests are not always reliable at that age, they pointed to a great potential within him. He didn't quite understand all of the implications yet, but he was promised that he could have a great future in pokemon training.

The glow of his potential future was cut short however, less than a year later when he was five. Leo got sick, but when the cold went away, his sore throat remained. He was young and couldn't express himself well enough to communicate the severity of his pain. He began losing weight at an alarming rate because he became reluctant to eat. It wasn't until he began having legitimate trouble opening his mouth and speaking for the pain that the true seriousness of Leo's little complaints that had been building up finally hit his parents. It took a while to discover the cause of it, mostly because at Leo's age; the tumorous growth at the far base of his tongue was the last thing they were looking for. Leo was a child, didn't smoke or chew; he was in the lowest of the low risk for oral cancer, but the cancer didn't care. Given his age, his parents chose to attempt non-surgical efforts first. Leo was pulled out of his kindergarten class to undergo chemotherapy and radiation treatments. They went for months but while the tumor shrunk slightly, it persisted. Eventually, due to the risk of it spreading to his lymph nodes, a dire fear with oral cancer, they felt they had to proceed with the surgery. Due to the location of the cancer being at the base of his tongue, nearly all of his tongue was removed.

And so the normality of Leo's childhood ended, and his ability to speak disappeared along with his cancer. He was young, and he learned sign language to communicate with his family quickly. The chemo had ravaged him during the treatment, and even after the cancer was removed Leo remained sickly and prone to sickness and easily fatigued. Leo's parents became protective and desired to homeschool Leo rather than subject him to the dangers of the outside world. Leo was at first, happy to comply, especially after his treatment had recently ended and he was still growing his hair back out and learning how to communicate.

Eventually however, Leo grew tired of being stuck at home and restless, the energy and enthusiasm of his childhood returning to him as he got older. His hair had never returned to a good condition after losing it to the cancer treatment, and so he took up wearing wigs with his parents permission, which kicked off his budding obsession with his appearence and make-up, as well as gave him enough confidence to explore outside by himself. He brought home a staryu he found washed up on Sunyshore's beach one day after such exploring, and his parents agreed that the companion might be good for him and soon the star shaped pokemon (affectionately named Galaxy) was living in a tank in Leo's room. Leo was enthused, and would spend much time in this room forehead to the tank "talking" to the pokemon silently with a grin on his face.

Even that wasn't going to sate him forever, and as Leo's curiosity drew him to the outside world more and more, his parents finally agreed to let him go back into public schooling when he was twelve. Leo had lived a sheltered life, and though he had been sick for much of it, people had been so nice to him during the time that he had firmly developed a strong optimism and friendliness. Despite his many years of sickness and being homeschooled, Leo managed to integrate nicely into the schoolwork side of things.. However, he was awkward and poorly socialized, and that combined with his inability to speak and somewhat odd appearance gave him difficulty making friends. Leo didn't mind, he was just happy to be on the outside where things moved and changed, and the chaos of people and interaction made the world a never ending surprise just for him to enjoy.

His cancer was eight years in remission when his cancer returned for a second time when he was 14, this time taking host in his throat. Determined not to have another surgery, they treated it with chemotherapy and radiation once again. It was a long hard battle the second time, and for many months it looked like he might not pull through a second time. Once again bedridden, Leo's thoughts turned inward and to the past. That promise he had heard so long ago that he could be a great trainer one day had stuck with him, and had always been in the back of his mind growing up. It had wormed its way deep into his head, and while it looked like he was on his death bed he asked his parents if they could sign off and let him become a trainer if he got better. In the depth of their despair, they agreed.

The turnaround wasn't immediate, but through a long tough fight, Leo once again beat the cancer in his system and went into remission. He would never let his parents give up on the promise they gave, and after badgering them and being cleared to return to normal activity, he took the staryu that he had been bonding with since he was little to go get an official trainer's liscence and do what he had been told he was going to do in a story long ago. Unaware of the realities of the harsh training world and chasing the idealized fairytale of long ago, Leo set off with gusto and a cheerful bounce to his step.

He isn't completely undeserving in his drive for becoming a trainer either. Those psychic powers that were predicted so long ago did not bloom into the power that was predicted, but it didn't completely disappear from Leo's sickness and strife. Leo discovered his powers extremely gradually, but was given plenty of time to practice while home alone once he discovered he could make pencils wiggle on the table just by looking at them. Yes, his physical illness stunted his psychic growth, but by the time he had overcome his second round with cancer at sixteen he could levitate small objects such as pokeballs, notebooks, binders. With lots of concentration he might be able to lift an empty chair. Leo doesn't see this power as a tool to be abused or really used in any useful matter, more like a magic trick to amuse himself in his own time. There is one other thing that has developed, and that is his silent, psychic link with Galaxy his staryu. He's had years of living with the pokemon to the point where, while he cannot speak vocally, he can speak with his mind to Galaxy. He seems completely unable to do this with humans at the moment, and Galaxy is the only pokemon he's able to do it with ease to due to their long close relationship.
Starter: Staryu named Galaxy
Roleplay Example: Jack beamed when Drayden complimented Joker. "Well thank you kindly Sir! I'm a professional pokemon coordinator by trade so I darn well hope Joker here would look good... Name's Jack. Kanto? Oh so yer from Kanto too then! I was born an' raised on a ranch in Kanto fancy that! Joker here wasn't one of ours though, I caught 'im and raised him from a little wild chick myself!" Jack said, swinging his leg over and dismounting from the large bird. Joker seemed to suddenly realize he was not under contest lights relaxed and folded his wings back up. One head went back to preen his fluffy body, while the other two suddenly started snapping at each other and honking.

"Still can't get him to sit still 'less we're in a contest though..." Jack said with a snort. He didn't seem worried about the little squabble though, and eventually the two heads settled down after a long hiss. Jack gave a the bird's fluffy back a firm pat. His face fell a little bit when Drayden mentioned battling though.

"Well, if that's a challenge I can't refuse per the rules... Honestly I came out here to avoid battles for a bit and was hopin' to catch something," Jack paused a second looking a bit embarrassed, "I really weren't expecting everyone to have six pokemon an' I seem like the odd trainer out as I only have five pokemon to my entire name. I was lookin' to catch one out here but ain't found a thing yet." Catching a new teammate would have to wait until after the battle though. Jack was a bit surprised when the other man gave him a wink. Now what did he mean by that? Well, this man didn't seem mean or like trouble, but that didn't mean that Jack was allowed to refuse his challenge.. He gave a soft sigh. Usually the challenger sent out the first pokemon... Jack held onto the hope that they wouldn't have to maybe, but then again, he would have to get used to the idea of the tournament somehow.

Sam Heights in Tainted Waters
TEAM:

Jack Mesa in Ultimate Tournament
TEAM:
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:00 AM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Okay so I was rather dismayed because of how little people applied, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to run a roleplay for just two people, which is why I was silent for so long. For which I do apologize.

I've decided that, screw it, if both Inkfrog and Fuyu are still interested, a roleplay for two it shall be! So yes, please let me know how your interest fares and if both of you are in then let's get this party started!

Find me on:

Old January 9th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Well, I'm in! :D You know I can't pass up a chance to play Luca again. XD

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:02 AM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Then let's get this party started, both of you are more than accepted.

Fuyu, don't forget to let me know what gender you'd like Deino to be!

Deino - Lv. 15
Ability: Hustle
Type: Dark/Dragon
Moves: Dark Pulse, Tackle, Dragon Rage, Focus Energy, Bite, Headbutt

Just a small point to InkFrog, Pokémon didn't actually turn vicious, they're just a bit more animalistic in this universe, as is humanity's treatment of them. That aside, I think Leo is a brilliant character and I really like the fact that he had cancer, something that not many roleplayers touch on. I'll look forward to seeing him in action.

Galaxy (Staryu) - Lv. 15
Ability: Natural Cure
Type: Water
Moves: Signal Beam, Tackle, Harden, Water Gun, Rapid Spin, Recover, Camouflage

Find me on:

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Ah, it's a girl. Etzli's a girl XD It's time for some chaos.

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:58 AM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Right, I wasn't sure if you were still going with Etzli. The first chapter is up now! The dice has been kind to you both.

Find me on:

Old January 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Not sure how kind, since Zweillous heads aren't known for getting along. XD Hmm... to start this a bit differently...

Old January 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

I'll look forward to how Luca/Diane deal with the Zweillous, though you don't have to evolve them if you want.

I've a question for you, would you prefer being able to choose one of the two Pokémon or be able to catch both of them? I realize that for a roleplay it might be more beneficial to be able to catch two Pokémon per route, especially in a roleplay where Pokémon shall perish.

Find me on:

Old January 17th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Fuyu
Battle!

Hehehe, I'm thinking about it right now, now that I am free of midterms!

ANd... huh. You know, I don't know. I don't really mind either method, since I'm getting the concern that when Zweilous appears she might eat them. XD

Old January 17th, 2013, 02:00 PM
{Swan}
I Never Asked For This.

Your midterms are over? Luckyyyy. My exams started today with some big ones still to come. Hnnng.

Fair enough. I'm still hoping to attract more people since it's seems like you're my only roleplayer now. That's a new one. You should feel special xD

Find me on:

Old January 17th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Fuyu
Battle!

xD I do feel special and they just ended today.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here