The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
It's been floating round my head for a few weeks now.
But some of the fan game here are starting to get really good, due to everyone's skills improving.

But my main thought was, what if we all attempted a community game?
What are your guys thoughts on such a thing?
Do you feel it would be good? Or something bad is bound to happen?
or, some other reason?
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
DaSpirit's Avatar
DaSpirit
Mad Programmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I've honestly never seen a community project finish anywhere. They always fail.

I'd be better to just start an open source project.
__________________
My Links:
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Sunfished's Avatar
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
It really sounds like a fun little thing we can get into. And because of the amount of people this board REALLY has and the creativity of some who never got into game developing, we can really steamroll through this kind of project!

If your planning to attempt this, I suggest you begin as soon as possible. Every time a new Pokemon game comes out, this place gets kinda deserted...

I'll support this
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
It really sounds like a fun little thing we can get into. And because of the amount of people this board REALLY has and the creativity of some who never got into game developing, we can really steamroll through this kind of project!

If your planning to attempt this, I suggest you begin as soon as possible. Every time a new Pokemon game comes out, this place gets kinda deserted...

I'll support this
Quite the opposite actually. When a new game is released people usually try and update their games to the latest style as soon as possible.
__________________
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
I've had this thought too. It'll be very difficult to pull off, though.

If you go for the "one leader/coordinator, everyone else contributes", then it's practically no different to any other fangame being made. The "contributions" will only be vague suggestions, meaning no actual work will get done except by the leader, who will inevitably give up once they realise they're stuck doing everything by themselves. Also, the community will never agree on anything (plot/pacing/Pokémon/mapping/etc.), so no progress will be made there anyway unless someone (the leader) takes charge and defines a direction - in which case, again, it's no different to any other fangame.

----------------------------

There is an alternative, though, and it's one I've been thinking about and which may have potential. One person works on the game at a time, and possession rotates between those who volunteer in turn. There is a strict time limit of 1 week per person, during which time they're allowed to do anything they want to the game (including undoing/redoing other people's work without remorse). At the end of their week, they send a download link to the next person on the list, and post a summary of what they've done for everyone to see. If they fail to do either of these things, their efforts are ignored and the previous week's version gets passed on instead (both the revised game and the summary are required, as it's a team effort and there shouldn't be secrets or hidden information between members; otherwise their work cannot be accepted).

The advantage of this is that people can have a go at a bit of game-making for a week, and will only contribute if they're actually interested enough to volunteer (which means they will do something). The time per person (1 week) is kept relatively short to encourage actual progress, rather than letting it get bogged down with designing new-for-the-sake-of-new systems (not to mention keeping things going relatively smoothly if someone vanishes). Meanwhile, the thread for the project will have discussion about the latest week's changes, collaboration about the story and so on, and will help direct the suggested progress of the game - the current week's developer still has absolute free reign over everything, of course. In the end all the revisions and possessions and discussions should come together to form an actual game.

Obviously someone needs to start things off first, perhaps before even making a thread for this project (so there's something to start from). Or maybe you could say that the Essentials example maps are the starting point, rather than starting with a blank slate like normal, and for starters the aim is to expand/turn them into an actual game (plans can always change later). I don't know whether it's better to let everyone download every week's revision, or whether it should be passed privately between each person as their turn comes round (the project's coordinater should also keep every revision for archiving, which is their only purpose). Everyone should definitely be kept informed of all the changes made each week, though.

Could this work?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSpirit View Post
I've honestly never seen a community project finish anywhere. They always fail.

I'd be better to just start an open source project.
The amount of people that could work on a community project, when one person leaves, there's always bound to either be someone ready to replace them, or someone who can do the same thing already in the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
It really sounds like a fun little thing we can get into. And because of the amount of people this board REALLY has and the creativity of some who never got into game developing, we can really steamroll through this kind of project!

If your planning to attempt this, I suggest you begin as soon as possible. Every time a new Pokemon game comes out, this place gets kinda deserted...

I'll support this
I agree, this place has alot of creativity and potential, enough to make a really good game, I'm hoping enough members want to do this! '

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I've had this thought too. It'll be very difficult to pull off, though.

If you go for the "one leader/coordinator, everyone else contributes", then it's practically no different to any other fangame being made. The "contributions" will only be vague suggestions, meaning no actual work will get done except by the leader, who will inevitably give up once they realise they're stuck doing everything by themselves. Also, the community will never agree on anything (plot/pacing/Pokémon/mapping/etc.), so no progress will be made there anyway unless someone (the leader) takes charge and defines a direction - in which case, again, it's no different to any other fangame.

----------------------------

There is an alternative, though, and it's one I've been thinking about and which may have potential. One person works on the game at a time, and possession rotates between those who volunteer in turn. There is a strict time limit of 1 week per person, during which time they're allowed to do anything they want to the game (including undoing/redoing other people's work without remorse). At the end of their week, they send a download link to the next person on the list, and post a summary of what they've done for everyone to see. If they fail to do either of these things, their efforts are ignored and the previous week's version gets passed on instead (both the revised game and the summary are required, as it's a team effort and there shouldn't be secrets or hidden information between members; otherwise their work cannot be accepted).

The advantage of this is that people can have a go at a bit of game-making for a week, and will only contribute if they're actually interested enough to volunteer (which means they will do something). The time per person (1 week) is kept relatively short to encourage actual progress, rather than letting it get bogged down with designing new-for-the-sake-of-new systems (not to mention keeping things going relatively smoothly if someone vanishes). Meanwhile, the thread for the project will have discussion about the latest week's changes, collaboration about the story and so on, and will help direct the suggested progress of the game - the current week's developer still has absolute free reign over everything, of course. In the end all the revisions and possessions and discussions should come together to form an actual game.

Obviously someone needs to start things off first, perhaps before even making a thread for this project (so there's something to start from). Or maybe you could say that the Essentials example maps are the starting point, rather than starting with a blank slate like normal, and for starters the aim is to expand/turn them into an actual game (plans can always change later). I don't know whether it's better to let everyone download every week's revision, or whether it should be passed privately between each person as their turn comes round (the project's coordinater should also keep every revision for archiving, which is their only purpose). Everyone should definitely be kept informed of all the changes made each week, though.

Could this work?
The only problem I see with this, and a problem all together with a community project is, someone managing to sign up to this, and get to their turn, and just mess it all up.
Of course we'd have backups but it would be a real let down.

As for the passing it around, it's a well good idea, but privately would work better, but in the Project's thread the last member who worked on it, must post Screenshots of their progress and their summary sheet, and any adaptations they have made to the Design Document, including the Document itself. The private way I can see is something like Google Drive, only people you want can access the downloadables. Which means we'd all have to get Google accounts.

And yes, starting off would be a bit iffy, We'd need to make a story, and features and general plots and thing like that, that usual take a while to generate and write down.
__________________
gone.

Last edited by Nintendork15; January 17th, 2013 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Sunfished's Avatar
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Right now, I think that a leader/owner thing is the best way to go. The "pass-the-project" around thing sounds really dangerous, as the one who DID get the game can potentially waste a whole week of progress. And on top of that, I beleive that many people would want to get in to help, which only adds to a waiting list of who gets it next.

Personally, I think we should elect certain people that has access to edit the game. That way the game is controlled and noone gets overhauled with work.
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Right now, I think that a leader/owner thing is the best way to go. The "pass-the-project" around thing sounds really dangerous, as the one who DID get the game can potentially waste a whole week of progress. And on top of that, I beleive that many people would want to get in to help, which only adds to a waiting list of who gets it next.

Personally, I think we should elect certain people that has access to edit the game. That way the game is controlled and noone gets overhauled with work.
But then, that's basically the over Game Team.
But we could have different classes like;
  • Mappers
  • Scripters
  • Spriters
  • Event Makers
  • Concept Artists
  • Story and Plotters

and have them form a group every week, So one week is based on mapping, the next is scripting.
But Concepting and Spriting can be done when required as it's not AS big of an job.
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Sunfished's Avatar
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Ok, your idea of having "leaders" sounds better. So every leader will then lead a group of that particular class, and then let everyone vote for a feature that the class leader wil present to the game developers?
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Ok, your idea of having "leaders" sounds better. So every leader will then lead a group of that particular class, and then let everyone vote for a feature that the class leader wil present to the game developers?
We'll have the Classes I mentioned; Each Class group gets a Leader?
Either when with the greatest skill or knowledge, or one we vote for, based on first option.
The leaders will produce the Weekly report, where as the Class Members can give out small updates on what they do during the week if they wish, but still it will all be written down in a Project Weekly Summary.
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
There'd be a list of everyone who volunteered to take a week, including the order/dates they go in. This would be public information. If necessary, a banlist could also be made (also public information). Also, if someone decides they want to pull out of their slot, they can; the allocations will just be bumped up by a week or a replacement can be found.

When I said "privately", I meant upload your revision to Mediafire or somewhere and just PM the next person (and the archiver) the link, rather than give everyone the link.

I'm sure someone could get a bit of inspiration and start things off (before even posting it). There's not even a real need for any plot at all at the beginning (except for "8 Gyms, Elite Four, end"). An RBY plot is more than sufficient to start with.

The extra benefit of 1-week slots is that corruption (accidental or intentional) won't have too much of an impact. It's a risk that just needs to be taken. Note that a malicious volunteer won't actually undo any progress (it'll be archived before they get their hands on it); it just means a stall of 1 week.

Deciding who can/should get the game in a particular week could be up for public debate as well, although I don't think it's really in the spirit of things. However, starting off with maybe 6 good contributions from trusted people will certainly boost interest and opinions, as well as result in a decent starting point.

Essentials is good enough to make a game without any script editing. I think this project should take that to heart and, although not expressly forbid script editing, at least suggest that mapping/eventing are the important things.

I see this project also being a chance for people to "have a go" at game-making, by diving into the middle of a project they will have read about but didn't have to spend ages designing beforehand. I think that's an attractive prospect. They'll only volunteer in the first place if they're interested in the project/game itself anyway, so it's not like they won't be able to do anything. And even if they don't want to edit the game itself, they can still play with the "big boys" and help decide on the game's direction through discussion.

Nintendork's suggestion of teams and voting and reports sounds too bureaucratic and boring to me, and too much like any other fangame group. I thought this project might be different (encourage newbies, offer experience of game-making, etc.). You know, fun.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Sunfished's Avatar
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Ok then, this sounds like its planned out a bit and has some progress on how it should be handled.

I'll be happy to support the potential this project could have
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
I'm not 100% sure of settings on Mediafire, whether someone can just google the main words to something plus the word 'Mediafire' So: Pokemon: Pokecommunity Version Week 2 Progress Mediafire' And get the link like that, or if you can set it to private so only given links access it.

We could start with the average RBY plot, and generally add things to it yes, just we'd need to again, have a say in from anyone involved whether the last submitted idea is a good'un or not.

The only need for public debate would be the first few (6... maybe?) people to contribute, then it will be people who submit themselves to the project added to a queue. Bare in mind the queue may get long, if the project got too popular and known.

The only need for script editing would be to add feature to benefit gameplay, but that can wait a along time, till required I guess.

That suggestion would bad, most of mine would be x3 but after 2 years on a game development course, they make you try to see thing in the way a Game Dev company would, the game is passed round between groups when they would.

But, your idea seems to be a bit better, and I hope I've not thrown you off this idea :/ with my idea.
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Sunfished's Avatar
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Well, I really don't mind as how this is handled. I'm most likely just going to stay by the side lines and help the development progress forwards.

However, here was what I had in mind when you mentioned "leaders":

First off, there would be a main leader, the one who controls how the project be executed. This guy would have to keep an eye on how the project would be doing at all times. then, we have a group of people who are in charge of adding in the content, aka the programmers. The programmers should each have a particular job, mostly something they are good at, like the scripter or the one who adds in content. This small group would pass the game around among themselves, with the main leader being able to see the progress and keep them in line.

Then we have the class leaders, the ones who control a certain "class". These guys would first make some sort of post that gathered up ideas that pertained to their class, then afterwards put up a voting system that anyone can vote in. The class leader would then present what they deemed noteworthy and important from the votes to the programmers to add in.

And of course we need some sort of way to keep track of all thats been approved and in the queue of adding, which i think the leader whould be in charge of.

Doing it this way allows almost everyone to be able to participate and add in only the most popular content, without making the community feel like the project has a strict judgment on content, since its more of a popular vote thing. Doing it the pass-it-around way is far longer and many ranges of content is added, leaving the game more like a random garbled mess.
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Well, I really don't mind as how this is handled. I'm most likely just going to stay by the side lines and help the development progress forwards.

However, here was what I had in mind when you mentioned "leaders":

First off, there would be a main leader, the one who controls how the project be executed. This guy would have to keep an eye on how the project would be doing at all times. then, we have a group of people who are in charge of adding in the content, aka the programmers. The programmers should each have a particular job, mostly something they are good at, like the scripter or the one who adds in content. This small group would pass the game around among themselves, with the main leader being able to see the progress and keep them in line.

Then we have the class leaders, the ones who control a certain "class". These guys would first make some sort of post that gathered up ideas that pertained to their class, then afterwards put up a voting system that anyone can vote in. The class leader would then present what they deemed noteworthy and important from the votes to the programmers to add in.

And of course we need some sort of way to keep track of all thats been approved and in the queue of adding, which i think the leader whould be in charge of.

Doing it this way allows almost everyone to be able to participate and add in only the most popular content, without making the community feel like the project has a strict judgment on content, since its more of a popular vote thing. Doing it the pass-it-around way is far longer and many ranges of content is added, leaving the game more like a random garbled mess.
But with the pass-around idea, if someone sees something that looks off, they'll ask, and improve it to a better standard. I've come to realize the group idea would take a long time to organize and put into actions.

Like Maruno said this group would work better if it was simply a sign in, work for a week to try things out and go. Maybe come back if you liked it.
So, more of a taster maybe, for new Developers to try their hands at a Fan game, without the hassle of work on a story and stuff.
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Doing it the pass-it-around way is far longer and many ranges of content is added, leaving the game more like a random garbled mess.
Which will take longer: organising teams of people who are skilled in the various areas (particularly scripting) and who will stick around and continue working on this project, then making many polls about various bits of content to be added, finding the most popular ones, scrutinising them and passing them on to the actual game-makers... or telling the first volunteer: "here's a copy of Essentials, RBY plot, go"?

Which lets the average person feel more like part of the project: voting in a few polls... or being able to own the game for a week and being able to freely discuss ideas in the project's thread?

It won't become garbled, because there will be guidelines developed in-thread (which can be ignored, but will probably in practice be followed). If someone adds something that doesn't fit, the next person can remove it without permission (it no longer belongs to the previous person, after all). The garble will cancel itself out in the end. Some volunteers may even volunteer solely to help tidy things up rather than add new stuff (I know I may well do this).

There are two sides to this project: editing the game, and discussing the suggested aims/plot/whatever. They can be quite separate, although the latter should incorporate whatever the former does (even if just to say "someone please remove factor X") and be quite dynamic, and the former may well depend on what the latter says (if the volunteer that week wants to stick to the suggestions, which they probably will because liking the suggestions is probably why they volunteered in the first place). It's quite an interesting dynamic. People can participate in either/both sides, whatever they want.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Sunfished's Avatar
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
But realize that this was a community project working together to make a game. unless you decided at the get-go that this should be more of a teaching thing, I only see the inevitable fate of this to be full of fighting on what to keep, lone-wolf type of programming, and just slapping things together.

My earlier post was basically a shortened down version of how real gaming industries really handle projects. And with the classes and leaders thing set up, There would be no waiting times for content to be added in, allowing for a smoother and more controlled input of features.

While it may be longer than expected, it will turn out to be better in the long run.
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Two things I'll be curious of:

Who's the 'Leader' going to be?
Of course this will most likely come down to voting (or some other method, feel free to suggest, of course the Leader would need to be fully motivated and prepared to keep track of all this.

Speaking of fully motivated, if the 'Leader' were to bail and get 'out' of the project, we'd need a Co-Leader or Vice-Leader to fill in the gap or if the 'Leader' is absent for IRL purposes, for the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
But realize that this was a community project working together to make a game. unless you decided at the get-go that this should be more of a teaching thing, I only see the inevitable fate of this to be full of fighting on what to keep, lone-wolf type of programming, and just slapping things together.

My earlier post was basically a shortened down version of how real gaming industries really handle projects. And with the classes and leaders thing set up, There would be no waiting times for content to be added in, allowing for a smoother and more controlled input of features.

While it may be longer than expected, it will turn out to be better in the long run.
This isn't really a 'teaching' thing. Of course members volunteering would need to be able to know the basics of RMXP. It would more or less be a Skill testing group project, making a game at the end, but possibly and hopefully learninging what makes a good game or improving along the way how to make one.
Kind of like my college group, we start with knowing a little of GML (Game maker Language) and improve our skills, while making our own game as a submitable assignment for the end of the year.

Of course it will be long, maybe longer if required, but it'll be worth it, all games take time to be made to a marketable quality standard of course this project won't be marketed, don't wanna be sue'd now, do we?
__________________
gone.

Last edited by Nintendork15; January 17th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Sunfished's Avatar
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Ah, I just realized how different our views are on this is.(zekrom/reshiram joke set aside)

Your idea is literally the "community" creates a game, putting a whole lot of emphasis on the community as a whole being able to bend the game as they personally themselves see fit.

Mine, however, is more of an emphasis on the "create" part, allowing the community create a game together, not in a literal tense, through the best ideas that the community as a whole decided.

Well, whatever you decide is really up to you, and I agree that the community should cooperate together and make something worthwhile. Its been nice constructively arguing with you.
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
DaSpirit's Avatar
DaSpirit
Mad Programmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
As for the passing it around, it's a well good idea, but privately would work better, but in the Project's thread the last member who worked on it, must post Screenshots of their progress and their summary sheet, and any adaptations they have made to the Design Document, including the Document itself. The private way I can see is something like Google Drive, only people you want can access the downloadables. Which means we'd all have to get Google accounts.
I thought you wanted this to be a community project?

And what happens when two people work on two different things at once or even the same things at once? That could cause headaches. I think the best thing would be a source repository, although I don't know whether it RPG Maker has support for something like this.
__________________
My Links:
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
You guys could always just work off of Dropbox so everyone has access to the game's files and it's constantly updating every time somebody makes a change.
__________________
A MODEST PROPOSAL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7766537
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Ayutac's Avatar
Ayutac
Developer who wants your help
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSpirit View Post
I thought you wanted this to be a community project?

And what happens when two people work on two different things at once or even the same things at once? That could cause headaches. I think the best thing would be a source repository, although I don't know whether it RPG Maker has support for something like this.
As with the Java Engine? I agree with the repository, this should be enough to get the evil code deleters out of the way. As for the compatibility with RPG-Maker, one could just write a program for that. As for Dropbox, one deletes something, it is deleted everywhere unless you have a special version of Dropbox.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Sunfished's Avatar
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Dropbox, however, only updates the game files once your done editing it. If two people were to have the same files open at once, the one who saved the file last would completely overwrite what the first person did.
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:22 PM
DaSpirit's Avatar
DaSpirit
Mad Programmer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
It depends on how RPG Maker's format is. If all scripts are saved into separate files, it would be fine. I haven't used RPG Maker so I don't know if it's like that. But if it is, it would be good enough and Dropbox should be able to catch any saving errors.
__________________
My Links:
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Catman's Avatar
Catman
Fast man
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cyber Space
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
I'm not that much of a master at Pokemon related stuff but I am good at creating landscapes. I'd be glad to help you out in that regard.
__________________
Be excellent to each other...
...and party on, dudes!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.