The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:24 PM
jessemkv

I have Black 2

I am trying to breed a Dratini with Adamant Nature and Perfect IV's in attack

I have a Male Dratini with outstanding potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is "Proud of its power." And it has an Adamant Nature.

I also have a Female Dratini with "Relatively Superior" potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is also "Proud of its power." And it's nature is also Adamant.

I know the female has to hold an everstone to pass down the nature to its egg,

I was wondering if I should equip the male with a Power Bracer. I know Power Bracer passes down its holders Attack IV's, but I am not sure how it works exactly. Does Power Bracer ONLY grantee that its best stat will be its attack? Or does it pass down the parents attack stat exactly how it is, "fantastic" which means a pokemon will not hatch with a "it can't better" attack unless the parent too has a "can't be better" attack stat. In other words, all of thee eggs will have a "fantastic" attack stat only.
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
I have Black 2

I have a Male Dratini with outstanding potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is "Proud of its power." And it has an Adamant Nature.

I also have a Female Dratini with "Relatively Superior" potential, and "fantastic" attack, its characteristic is also "Proud of its power." And it's nature is also Adamant.

I was wondering if I should equip the male with a Power Bracer. I know Power Bracer passes down its holders Attack IV's, but I am not sure how it works exactly. Does Power Bracer ONLY grantee that its best stat will be its attack? Or does it pass down the parents attack stat exactly how it is, "fantastic" which means a pokemon will not hatch with a "it can't better" attack unless the parent too has a "can't be better" attack stat. In other words, all of thee eggs will have a "fantastic" attack stat only.
The Power Bracer simply guarantees that the holder's Attack IV will be passed down.

Old January 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
jessemkv

So does that mean that there is absolutely no chance I would be able to hatch a Dratini with perfect Attack IV's, with the Male Dratini I am currently using, if it holds the Power Bracer?

Old January 14th, 2013, 01:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
So does that mean that there is absolutely no chance I would be able to hatch a Dratini with perfect Attack IV's, with the Male Dratini I am currently using, if it holds the Power Bracer?
Yes, if the Dratini that holds the Bracer does not have 31 IVs in Attack, then the offspring cannot have 31 IVs in attack.
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Pretty much. By the way, a 30 Attack IV isn't that bad.

Old January 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM
jessemkv

Ok, thanks, that really helped because my dratini had been holding the power bracer this whole time and I was wondering why it wasn't working. -.- lol

Old January 15th, 2013, 04:38 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

How do you get them?I already did memory link with a completed pokemon black but i didnt get any memory about n's pokemon.When i got into chargestone cave nothing happened.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
N's Pokemon can be found among the wild Pokemon in the area.

They are indicated by a green sparkle animation when you encounter them.

If you haven't seen any yet, you're just unlucky. Be patient and you'll find them eventually.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
For memory link, does Black 2 have to sync with White or does it have to be Black? I'm fairly sure it can be either, but I want to make sure. Also, where is the option for memory link? Thanks in advance.

paired to peeta
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
For memory link, does Black 2 have to sync with White or does it have to be Black? I'm fairly sure it can be either, but I want to make sure. Also, where is the option for memory link? Thanks in advance.
Memory Link can be done with either Black or White. I'm pretty sure that the Memory Link option is at the start-up screen.

Old January 15th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
Ok I have just beaten Drayden and done the Team plasma thing in Opelucid City (Where it freezes over) and beat Zinzolin. However, my team is horribly underleveled.

Lv 42 Lucario
Lv 41 Ampharos
Lv 41 Jellicent
Lv 42 Zoroark
Lv 42 Vibrava
Lv 48 Serperior

I do not want to change any of my team. I have a Lucky egg and an Exp Share (Egg currently equipped to Vibrava, Exp Share to Jellicent). Could anyone give me any tips on where to train? I want my pokemon to all be at least Lv 55 each by the Elite Four. Thanks for reading!

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
Ok I have just beaten Drayden and done the Team plasma thing in Opelucid City (Where it freezes over) and beat Zinzolin. However, my team is horribly underleveled.

Lv 42 Lucario
Lv 41 Ampharos
Lv 41 Jellicent
Lv 42 Zoroark
Lv 42 Vibrava
Lv 48 Serperior

I do not want to change any of my team. I have a Lucky egg and an Exp Share (Egg currently equipped to Vibrava, Exp Share to Jellicent). Could anyone give me any tips on where to train? I want my pokemon to all be at least Lv 55 each by the Elite Four. Thanks for reading!
Have you tried battling Audino in shaking grass? Audino give your Pokemon a huge amount of experience when you defeat them. The higher-leveled Audinos are west of Humilau City (the city on the water with wooden houses) on route 22 near the entrance to the Giant Chasm and the patch of grass above Iccirus City near Dragonspiral Tower. Keep on battling Audino and you'll have your levels boosted in no time! All the best in your adventure!

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
Have you tried battling Audino in shaking grass? Audino give your Pokemon a huge amount of experience when you defeat them. The higher-leveled Audinos are west of Humilau City (the city on the water with wooden houses) on route 22 near the entrance to the Giant Chasm and the patch of grass above Iccirus City near Dragonspiral Tower. Keep on battling Audino and you'll have your levels boosted in no time! All the best in your adventure!
Icirrus City is only available after beating the Elite Four, just to correct you there.
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post

Lv 42 Lucario
Lv 41 Ampharos
Lv 41 Jellicent
Lv 42 Zoroark
Lv 42 Vibrava
Lv 48 Serperior

If you have them, also use the plus Exp pass powers, they'll really shorten the time.
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:07 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Smoochum View Post
What do I do in Join Avenue to get more items, and talk to people to get them to come to the shops. I don't know what shop to send them to, when they're a little vague with the directions. You know...there! I don't know if I got the quote right. I want to rise in the ranks. I used to have a girl from an alternate version in my location, and the text went slow, and she went babababa.
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml
That has everything everyone might say and what shop to send them too.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

is foul play better than crunch on a krookdile?
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbluesteel View Post
is foul play better than crunch on a krookdile?
Foul Play only does more damage on opponents with high Attack stats, which is a bit useless.

Crunch is much superior to Foul Play as it has no drawbacks.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:57 PM
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

it says the base power of foul play is 95 is that only if the attack of the other is higher?
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest
Quote:
I have Black 2

Since Gen 5 the mother or father can pass dow the nature at 100% chance if it holds ever stone

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbluesteel View Post
it says the base power of foul play is 95 is that only if the attack of the other is higher?
Simply put, Foul Play uses the opponent's Attack stat to calculate damage, not Krookodile's. Most Ghost/Psychic 'mons (both types are weak to Dark) have low Attack, making it near useless, making Crunch the better option (as it uses Krookodile's own naturally high Attack). However, Foul Play sees merit in using the high Attack stat of Pokémon that don't resist Dark against them, like Haxorus.

Don't let Foul Play's 95 base power fool you; Crunch is still the reliable Dark STAB to have on Krookodile. Speaking of Foul Play itself, only Sableye and Umbreon can use it effectively, as they lack true offensive presence on their own.

Old January 19th, 2013, 04:36 PM
jessemkv

Black 2

Is there a way I can reduce a pokemon's EV's without berries?

I have come to find that Speed EV's are really important on a Dragonite and Special Defense EV's are pretty useless, the hard way. -.-

I tried paying for "warm makeup" at the Beauty Salon in the Join Avenue but it says my Dragonite is already friendly, so that doesn't work. My Dragonite is lv99 btw
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:44 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Black 2

Is there a way I can reduce a pokemon's EV's without berries?

I have come to find that Speed EV's are really important on a Dragonite and Special Defense EV's are pretty useless, the hard way. -.-

I tried paying for "warm makeup" at the Beauty Salon in the Join Avenue but it says my Dragonite is already friendly, so that doesn't work. My Dragonite is lv99 btw
In Join Avenue, the Salon (assuming you hired the right person) has services that clear out a Pokémon's EVs while raising happiness.

Old January 19th, 2013, 05:00 PM
jessemkv

I know....

I mentioned that

Quote:
Black 2
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:20 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
I know....

I mentioned that
Sorry; missed it.

In that case, you'll need to make do with EV-reducing berries. They can be bought from the Pokémon Breeder at Route 5, but you can only buy 1 batch of a random kind of berry from her a day.

Old January 20th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I know....

I mentioned that
You may also try to lower Dragonite's happiness to use the Salon.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links