The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
So as we know in the Unova games, making money was REALLY easy, making the games a lot easier. With so many high selling items everywhere, regenerating items and players you could rematch over and over in the sequels, running out of money really wasn't an issue. This leads to the question as to whether we really need all that money, and whether it ruins the "realistic" experience, because in real life, logically everyone can't really be that rich.

Now the only ways I can see this changing are if they devalue the worth of items in Unova, have less Nuggets even - maybe just one in the games, or alternatively... have trainer rematches but for 100 wins to be worth a medal, or something taking note of what you've done, rather than money. Having to actually work for money would make the games somewhat of a more real experience, whereas the Unova games were way too easy with this, and nothing else was more expensive either, so it was like inflation but without the other effects. It was crazy!

So, would you like to see less ways to make money in these games given the Unova games' overkill? If so, would you suggest any of the above ideas, or your own? Or would you rather keep it how it was in the previous games? Why? Discuss!
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:58 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Well some of the tm's were made more expensive but it was only a one time buy so it was a nice investment. I do beleive they should fix it...maybe cut the amount of money by half yet still have the same number as Unova Nuggets and other items...
Or simply do away with the super rare items by limiting them to one per game except for the lottery like with the master ball.
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
No. I will always run out of money without getting paid from multiple battles with the same trainer. The items are found and sold but respawns are very rare. I think this would only encourage hacking which is what I used to do for money. Item cloning is almost key to being rich. I don't understand how people don't spend all their money.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I still remember playing Yellow for the first time and if you bought to much crap early on, until you got to the E4 you were screwed because there was a very limited amount of money early on. So my vote is on maybe. It really depends how they were to implement it - I don't want to have my pockets constantly overflowing with MAD STAX OF DOLLAS, YO but I also don't want to have to worry that every single dollar/yen/doll hair might be my last and the like.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
I don't see it changing, because it's not really a top priority. I don't really think Pokemon is a game where you should be forced to work for money to progress through the game, money is just there to help you along the way. Although, it would make sense to about half what we earned in Unova because you really don't need that much money.
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM
dieter57
pokemon master

Nature: Hardy
Well making money has never seemed that hard in Pokemon to me. If i ever needed money i just did a run through of the elite four with a member of my team holding a lucky coin. Even that ridiculously priced ribbon in platinum what was it like $999,999? It's been easy to find money for ever, so I wouldn't mind if they make it a little harder to get the green stuff. Maybe even make different levels of difficulty like they did in B/W2 and set money making abilities to that as well.

I'M BACK IN
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Forever
let it go

I'm surprised most of you don't want to make it a little harder! Personally I figure it's like... working for it. Back in the early days of Pokemon we did have to fight for what we wanted and work hard to reach to where we wanted to get to (and money, too!) Now we just get it handed to us. Wouldn't it be more rewarding if you only got money after fighting really hard, putting all your effort in, and morally I think that would be a great lesson to teach the younger players. To fight for what you want, and not just get it because you think you're entitled to it, imo at least.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Nah I'm lazy, and I don't want to have to work for it, that's not the reason I play Pokemon. An option would be nice I guess though.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:32 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'm surprised most of you don't want to make it a little harder! Personally I figure it's like... working for it. Back in the early days of Pokemon we did have to fight for what we wanted and work hard to reach to where we wanted to get to (and money, too!) Now we just get it handed to us. Wouldn't it be more rewarding if you only got money after fighting really hard, putting all your effort in, and morally I think that would be a great lesson to teach the younger players. To fight for what you want, and not just get it because you think you're entitled to it, imo at least.
I would like it to be more challenging to get money. It makes you budget more and think about what you're buying. Not like in B2/W2 where I use about 50 Max Repels a day and not think twice and then just earn fortunes at the Black Tower/White Treehollow.
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I think gaining money should be a bit harder yeah; siiiince money isn't actually all that easy to gain. I think by doing things like In-game jobs and of course trainer battles should be our man source of profit; with we very rarely gain treasure items to sell. Though, budgeting to get poitions, pokeballs, and other stuff might be a little bit of a pain, that could serve as a challenge itself.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
They sold TMs at a much higher price but I think that was because they could be taught numerous times. I hope they reduce the amount of high sellingitems, it would drive you to battle trainers in order to gain your money rather than selling Nuggets and what not.

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:06 AM
PokeGeisha
Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to PokeGeisha
Nah I doubt they would make it that bad. They have to make it somewhat easy for the younger kids who play it and don't get pokemon money making for the old/experienced players :D

My Fc- 5258 0048 9828
Battles, Trades, Fun♥

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:15 AM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
I'd love it if they kept it this way. I have 999 Max Repels thanks to the join avenue. And when there's that 50% discount on all shops I go crazy and spend a lot of money on their shops.
But I can easily regain all that money, I just use a pokémon with Amulet Coin, use a pass power (Prize Money^) and I earn 37k from each sports player. If I'm luck to find a socialite or a gentleman then I earn 75k for that battle.
I haven't tried this in the league yet.

I hope they keep the easy money thing. The easy EXP thing as well. It saves us from a lot of grinding for exp and money.
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... yeah, Unova really did make it way too easy to make so much money in the game. xD

I think in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, they shouldn't have many Nuggets in the game, perhaps only four normal Nuggets and one Big Nugget. And making every other item that makes alot of money much more rarer than they were in Unova.

And maybe the trainers should only give you half of the winning money than what they gave you the first time when re-battling them. That would make it even more challenging to make more money than usual.

On top of that, I'd like to see some job in where you can earn some money, but only in little amounts though. It would make the game more challenging, and it would make it more realistic, 'cause you never really earn huge amounts in reality anyways, unless you have a career. xD

And really, I think at the start of the game... you should only start off with only a small amount of money, like say around 100 or something. That should make it more challenging. :P

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeGeisha View Post
Nah I doubt they would make it that bad. They have to make it somewhat easy for the younger kids who play it and don't get pokemon money making for the old/experienced players :D
Well thing is there's a lot of older players than younger players by generation six, so you'd expect it'd be a little harder given their age range has risen due to the Pokemon franchise lasting for so many years. :x plus making more money means more battles and more exp rather than just making money by selling things :(
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Running out of money has never ever been in an issue in any pokemon game I've played. I always have oodles of it and more than I know what to do with.

(I've been playing since the first generation)
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Running out of money has never ever been in an issue in any pokemon game I've played. I always have oodles of it and more than I know what to do with.

(I've been playing since the first generation)
The only time when I ever ran out of money... was way back when I was first playing Pokémon Yellow in my childhood and battling the first Gym Leader in the game, which is Brock. Since I had no knowledge of Pokémon back in those days, I always ended up losing on the first Gym Leader battle, 'cause I was always thinking at that time "I'll just attack even if it's not very effective". xD

But either way, if Pokémon X and Pokémon Y make it harder to get more money, then it surely would make the game more challenging, and wow I surely do love a good challenge. ;)

But the problem is, I think Nintendo is making games much too easier than they ever used to be back the days of the classic consoles. I always remember how games like Super Mario Bros. was very challenging, but now games like New Super Mario Bros. 2 makes it too easy with White Raccoon Mario, which kind of ruins the fun out of the challenge. :P

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Arco!
Experienced Arcanine Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Arco!
Some how I always seem to spend all of my money... >.<
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco! View Post
Some how I always seem to spend all of my money... >.<
So you're for MORE ways of making money, ya? I can see how the mass of ways to get money can definitely benefit some people but idk next thing you know is they'll give you money for evolving Pokemon ;_;
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Arco!
Experienced Arcanine Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Arco!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
So you're for MORE ways of making money, ya? I can see how the mass of ways to get money can definitely benefit some people but idk next thing you know is they'll give you money for evolving Pokemon ;_;
I do always seem to somehow spend all of my money but I get it back quite easily by defeating the White Treehollow over and over and that boosts my money right back up there. I think they should keep it the same, although my opinion could change depending what is in the new game etc ... because if player customization is available I wouldn't want to have to defeat 1000 Pokemon trainers just to be able to afford a pair of socks for my character xD
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco! View Post
I do always seem to somehow spend all of my money but I get it back quite easily by defeating the White Treehollow over and over and that boosts my money right back up there. I think they should keep it the same, although my opinion could change depending what is in the new game etc ... because if player customization is available I wouldn't want to have to defeat 1000 Pokemon trainers just to be able to afford a pair of socks for my character xD
That's true, in fact if that's the case there might be even more ways to make money if customization does indeed exist which miiight be overkill.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Have something like HGSS, where it was hard, but not game breakingly hard. It was a nice enough challenge, and it added an edge that was lost in this generation. I mean I have a lot of the needed items in high stock, and my wallet is filled with 5+ million pokedollars. And I didn't even need to buy any health aids, thanks to the Pokewood giving you a boatload of lemonades. Finish it early on, and your set for the game really.
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:59 AM
The_CGC

Nature: Bold
Half the time i don't even care about money. I only use the shops at least twice in a game. once in the beginning and then before the E4 battles. After that im freaking rich XD!!

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Have something like HGSS, where it was hard, but not game breakingly hard. It was a nice enough challenge, and it added an edge that was lost in this generation. I mean I have a lot of the needed items in high stock, and my wallet is filled with 5+ million pokedollars. And I didn't even need to buy any health aids, thanks to the Pokewood giving you a boatload of lemonades. Finish it early on, and your set for the game really.
Oh I never got rewards from PokeStar, but wow, that's really crazy. I think there definitely was an excess in Unova. Maybe when you sell items they're 25% of the original price? I'm still not sure what way I think it'll likely go in terms of money but if there's a lot of ways to find items and find recovery items, at least make purchasing and such a bit harder.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here