• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen In-game Tag Battles

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ever since Pokémon Emerald we have had to team up with another character to beat an opponent. Examples include teaming up with Steven in Emerald, your Rival in Platinum and Cheren in Black 2 and White 2. Would you like there to be more tag battles in X and Y? Who would you like to battle with? How many do you think there will be?

Discuss!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There were 5 Special Tag Battle Characters in D/P/Pt. Plus special moments when you went up with the opposite gendered player.

That was one of the best tag battle sets I've ever had. I was so happy when they brought it back in B2W2. I really hope they bring more in X and Y, either with other characters, (there is a girl that follows you in the forest which I am hoping is a tag battle) or special double battle areas like in Generation 5.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want this! But not with important characters, but rather with random characters in-game that want your ehlp at certain points. They'll only ask for your help if you talk to them so you're not otherwise bothering them which works out fine. Plus it might be the only way to get certain mons or get to certain places maybe, which'd be okay by meeee.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
More tag battles would be welcome, they were fun, although if they would please give the partner character good AI, alot of the times in tag battles, your partner's AI was kinda shoddy and they made alot of stupid moves, so if they could just make the partners more competent then tag battles would be better, and in a serious plot situation, much more enjoyable.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think it's about time that they should introduce in-game tag battles for three trainers for a triple battle. Since we already have a tag team double battles in Pokémon Emerald and later games.

So maybe when you're battling the evil team, maybe two of your friends help you defeat the three grunts in a triple battle. That would be really cool.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I think it's about time that they should introduce in-game tag battles for three trainers for a triple battle. Since we already have a tag team double battles in Pokémon Emerald and later games.

So maybe when you're battling the evil team, maybe two of your friends help you defeat the three grunts in a triple battle. That would be really cool.

Yeah, suprised they didn't do that with the hero, Hugh and Cheren during Black 2 White 2 during the frigate showdown, so would be nice if they could do triple tag teams in X and Y.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
it doesn't really matter the kind of trainers that join you.
i'll be more than happy to have tag battles included in these games.
what kind of trainers doesn't bother me tbh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really love tag battles.I'm hoping they implement a triple tag battle in Gen 6.

Triple is a looooottt. Like, if you were going with two others like in B2/W2, maybe, but otherwise if it's just in general in the wild it might be kind of strange for two people to randomly want your help at once lmao.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Triple is a looooottt. Like, if you were going with two others like in B2/W2, maybe, but otherwise if it's just in general in the wild it might be kind of strange for two people to randomly want your help at once lmao.

But who knows, the protagonist may come upon twins lost in a 'huge and scary' forest who might ask for us help and being the good adventurer that we are will gladly help them resulting in triple tag battles.Or our two rivals teaming up with us to defeat whatever Villainous team there is.Its a long shot but who knows.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I don't mind as long as they're not terribly under leveled like your rival was in HG/SS against Lance and Clair. Also if you team up with the champion or something, I hope they bring their best Pokemon with you to show off how strong they, I don't want to be saving a region with a metang dragging me down.

PoisonEmeralds

Rookie ROM Hacker
Years
Ever since Pokémon Emerald we have had to team up with another character to beat an opponent. Examples include teaming up with Steven in Emerald, your Rival in Platinum and Cheren in Black 2 and White 2. Would you like there to be more tag battles in X and Y? Who would you like to battle with? How many do you think there will be?

Discuss!
Brandon from the battle pyramid in pokemon emerald would be quite boss imo. :D

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But who knows, the protagonist may come upon twins lost in a 'huge and scary' forest who might ask for us help and being the good adventurer that we are will gladly help them resulting in triple tag battles.Or our two rivals teaming up with us to defeat whatever Villainous team there is.Its a long shot but who knows.

That does indeed make sense howeverrr I think if triple tag battles like that would've happened, then it would've been in Unova if anything because triples were introduced then and such.

Brandon from the battle pyramid in pokemon emerald would be quite boss imo. :D

Problem is I don't think someone randomly from a battle tower three generations ago is likely to appear to give you tag battles. :(

Back