The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Old January 17th, 2013 (06:24 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Ever since Pokémon Emerald we have had to team up with another character to beat an opponent. Examples include teaming up with Steven in Emerald, your Rival in Platinum and Cheren in Black 2 and White 2. Would you like there to be more tag battles in X and Y? Who would you like to battle with? How many do you think there will be?

Discuss!
Old January 17th, 2013 (07:05 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
There were 5 Special Tag Battle Characters in D/P/Pt. Plus special moments when you went up with the opposite gendered player.

That was one of the best tag battle sets I've ever had. I was so happy when they brought it back in B2W2. I really hope they bring more in X and Y, either with other characters, (there is a girl that follows you in the forest which I am hoping is a tag battle) or special double battle areas like in Generation 5.
Old January 17th, 2013 (07:50 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
YES <33 Though I hope it's something like D/P/Pt tag battles, though maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing, because I liked when you could tag battle in the Battle Tower as well. :x I hope those kind of tag battles make some kind of return, at least~
Old January 18th, 2013 (12:51 AM).
Forever
let it go

I want this! But not with important characters, but rather with random characters in-game that want your ehlp at certain points. They'll only ask for your help if you talk to them so you're not otherwise bothering them which works out fine. Plus it might be the only way to get certain mons or get to certain places maybe, which'd be okay by meeee.
Old January 18th, 2013 (01:56 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would like, as well as all the important character tag battles, if you teamed up with like Ace Trainers, Bird Keepers, etc and battled random trainers. I think that'd be cool.
Old January 18th, 2013 (02:47 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

More tag battles would be welcome, they were fun, although if they would please give the partner character good AI, alot of the times in tag battles, your partner's AI was kinda shoddy and they made alot of stupid moves, so if they could just make the partners more competent then tag battles would be better, and in a serious plot situation, much more enjoyable.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 18th, 2013 (05:45 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think it's about time that they should introduce in-game tag battles for three trainers for a triple battle. Since we already have a tag team double battles in Pokémon Emerald and later games.

So maybe when you're battling the evil team, maybe two of your friends help you defeat the three grunts in a triple battle. That would be really cool.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 18th, 2013 (06:33 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I think it's about time that they should introduce in-game tag battles for three trainers for a triple battle. Since we already have a tag team double battles in Pokémon Emerald and later games.

So maybe when you're battling the evil team, maybe two of your friends help you defeat the three grunts in a triple battle. That would be really cool.
Yeah, suprised they didn't do that with the hero, Hugh and Cheren during Black 2 White 2 during the frigate showdown, so would be nice if they could do triple tag teams in X and Y.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 18th, 2013 (06:44 AM).
Correspondence

I really love tag battles.I'm hoping they implement a triple tag battle in Gen 6.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (05:13 PM).
wygar
Unhatched Egg

it doesn't really matter the kind of trainers that join you.
i'll be more than happy to have tag battles included in these games.
what kind of trainers doesn't bother me tbh.
Old January 24th, 2013 (05:19 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
I really love tag battles.I'm hoping they implement a triple tag battle in Gen 6.
Triple is a looooottt. Like, if you were going with two others like in B2/W2, maybe, but otherwise if it's just in general in the wild it might be kind of strange for two people to randomly want your help at once lmao.
Old January 24th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
Correspondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Triple is a looooottt. Like, if you were going with two others like in B2/W2, maybe, but otherwise if it's just in general in the wild it might be kind of strange for two people to randomly want your help at once lmao.
But who knows, the protagonist may come upon twins lost in a 'huge and scary' forest who might ask for us help and being the good adventurer that we are will gladly help them resulting in triple tag battles.Or our two rivals teaming up with us to defeat whatever Villainous team there is.Its a long shot but who knows.
Old January 24th, 2013 (11:46 PM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I don't mind as long as they're not terribly under leveled like your rival was in HG/SS against Lance and Clair. Also if you team up with the champion or something, I hope they bring their best Pokemon with you to show off how strong they, I don't want to be saving a region with a metang dragging me down.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old January 28th, 2013 (05:08 PM). Edited January 28th, 2013 by PoisonEmeralds.
PoisonEmeralds
Rookie ROM Hacker

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Ever since Pokémon Emerald we have had to team up with another character to beat an opponent. Examples include teaming up with Steven in Emerald, your Rival in Platinum and Cheren in Black 2 and White 2. Would you like there to be more tag battles in X and Y? Who would you like to battle with? How many do you think there will be?

Discuss!
Brandon from the battle pyramid in pokemon emerald would be quite boss imo. :D
Old January 28th, 2013 (10:25 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
But who knows, the protagonist may come upon twins lost in a 'huge and scary' forest who might ask for us help and being the good adventurer that we are will gladly help them resulting in triple tag battles.Or our two rivals teaming up with us to defeat whatever Villainous team there is.Its a long shot but who knows.
That does indeed make sense howeverrr I think if triple tag battles like that would've happened, then it would've been in Unova if anything because triples were introduced then and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonEmeralds View Post
Brandon from the battle pyramid in pokemon emerald would be quite boss imo. :D
Problem is I don't think someone randomly from a battle tower three generations ago is likely to appear to give you tag battles. :(
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links