The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
This seemed appropriate for this board, but if it isn't I'm sorry in advance! I did check Google too, but I'm awful at price comparing 8(

My boyfriend and I are going to buy Diamond and Pearl this Christmas - I'm getting Diamond and he's getting Pearl - but as full-time college students... we want them as cheap as possible.

I have no idea where I can get cheap pre-owned copies of DP, I checked Best Buy ($20) and GameStop ($25) but if anyone knows of any other way to buy them (we don't want to order online) that's wallet friendly, we'd love to know! :3

Old December 10th, 2012, 10:56 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I got my Diamond version from EB Games (GameStop for some of you) for around 20$ used, usually it was 25$ or 30$(not sure about 30$ tho)
You could always try going to flea markets and checking the prices over there, they're always cheaper at flea markets.
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
There is one flea market I frequent but they never really have DS games... I've found multiple copies of RBY and GSC at some of their stands though cx

I'm looking to see if Walmart or Target have any still in stock, but I'm not sure if they're even still being sold new retail-wise?

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:18 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I'm not sure about D/P/Pt, but they do have have HG/SS for 35$-40$ in Walmart. Which is about 10-5$ more than D/P/Pt. You could always check tho.

*Keep in mind that I live in Canada, so if you live in USA, your prices should be lower than mines*
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

Honestly, I think Gamestop is your best bet, if you go anywhere else, they are likely to charge you the orginal price (Which was like 34.99, if my memory serves me right).
Old December 10th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Aside from trying to find it online somewhere (eBay, Craigslist, etc.), it looks like your best bet would be Best Buy if they still are $20. Having been to the stores around here at least, $25-$30 seems to be the price of the games- even the used ones.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old December 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
You should both buy Platinum instead. Diamond and Pearl are just nasty nasty nasty creations and Platinum is a gift from the Lord baby Jesus. Praise Dale. But seriously, Diamond and Pearl run slowly and have a crappy Pokedex of Pokemon to choose from. It's also got more to do in the post-game and is generally just a better game. Though if you already have Platinum, then ignore what I'm saying. XD DP are my least favorite in the series though, so I feel like I should rescue you or something. lol

Back to money matters though, you could consider buying used copies at GameStop. I think I've seen them go for around $29.99. The eBay route might be better, and luckily this being a DS game, they're not as commonly faked as the GBA Pokemon games.

paired to peeta
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:17 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I'm going to second what Sydian said about Pt > DP. You need to replace Diamond and Pearl with Platinum. It's faster, it has a much larger variety of Pokemon to choose from, train and battle and its post-game is by far way better. Anyway, as this is more of a question/query, I'll move it into the 4th Gen Help Thread.

Moved.
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:48 PM
RemDra
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys and gals. So, I wanted to check out some wifi action (first time), but it says "NO COMPATIBLE ACCESS POINT IN RANGE". I DO have an access point, I am even connected to it. To prove it, I can go to the internet app(DSiXL), and it's a firetrucking full 3 bar. I don't get it. Please halp me D:
EDIT: Anyone? please :'( I want to trade mah Croconaw(lv 22) for a Wynaut :'( please halp me with this problem </3

Last edited by RemDra; December 16th, 2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Is your internet WPA or WEP? DS and DSlite both use WEP while newer DSes use WPA. You can't flip back and forth between DSes and the type of security.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

Might need to turn off your firewall settings
Old December 17th, 2012, 01:00 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemDra View Post
Hey guys and gals. So, I wanted to check out some wifi action (first time), but it says "NO COMPATIBLE ACCESS POINT IN RANGE". I DO have an access point, I am even connected to it. To prove it, I can go to the internet app(DSiXL), and it's a firetrucking full 3 bar. I don't get it. Please halp me D:
EDIT: Anyone? please :'( I want to trade mah Croconaw(lv 22) for a Wynaut :'( please halp me with this problem </3
Its the security on your access point, the DSi browser can access the point (dunno what type it was) but I know that if you can't get on with the game but can with the DSi browser, its just because the game isn't compatible with the point while the browser is. You could reconfigure your access point and make it work easily enough.
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM
ahmet476
standing around

I played through Platinum and I must say my pokemon never really hurt themselves on first turn after getting confused. I don't know if I was just lucky but in earlier gens it was almost guaranteed that my pokemon would hurt themselves after getting confused. I remember even after Swagger and getting confused, my pokemon attacked enemy properly at one incident.

I usually attacked once after getting confused then change to another pokemon. There were times I continued attacking. I wonder if hurting yourself percent is reduced on gen 4. Anybody has input on this?
Old December 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

You were probably just lucky. Everytime I get confused, it's a selfhit fest for my Pokemon. I get frustrated most of the time.
Old December 19th, 2012, 05:03 PM
curiousnathan

It is most likely due to luck.

Anyway, quick questions belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread, so please post any more you may have, there.

Moved.
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:38 PM
dooght
POTATO

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to dooght
In my game, I trained on Mt. Silver. It has some pretty good Pokemon to fight against, so you can level up at a decent rate.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I can't find Heracross. I have searched all of the forest and the surrounding trees but it won't pop out. Is he just rare or am I unlucky?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:44 PM
curiousnathan

If you visit this link here: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/214.shtml , you'll be able to see all the locations of Heracross within every game. I would have answered this off my head, but you didn't specify what game you're trying to catch Heracross in.
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM
awolfsquared
This time I might just disappear.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Ok, so in the Underground I know you can remove boulders depending on how many flags you capture, but how do I actually remove the boulders when I actually have captured some flags?
(hopefully this makes sense)

awolfsquared "And I'm feeling like a ghost. And it's what I hate the most."
My Blog| EGC | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest
you go into the pc where you place or remove items in the secret base and remove them that way

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
piefara
human

so the third starter HG/SS disapears who has it?
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Is this supposed to be some sort of game or a legit question?
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM
curiousnathan

I'm going to assume you mean once you choose your starter and once Silver steals his own, you're wondering where and who took the third starter? If so, I'm not sure. I'd probably think Elm gave it out to another trainer, or has kept it at the lab somewhere.

Nevertheless, you'll need to elaborate on your question there, otherwise we won't be able to give you a quality answer. Anyway, these threads belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread so I'm going to move it other there.

Moved.

Last edited by curiousnathan; January 24th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Hmm well when you say the 3rd starter and who took it, is it like what's your theory on who took it or what :3? I'm not exactly sure, but my guess is that Professor Elm just gives it to a passing by trainer or maybe stores it away or even keeps it in his research lab for company. Nobody actually really knows what happens to the unchosen starter ;-;, but that's my theory!
. :p
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:51 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Ok didn't know where to put this so I hope this is the right spot, I am breeding on one of my diamond game, the pokemon can have either of 2 abilities, what if any is the percentage of getting either of the 2?
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links