The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Nintendofox3d
Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!

Do you think Nintendo will finally end the pokemon anime? I mean, we want a new anime, with a new character, interesting plot, not a ten year old boy (who's had about 800 episodes which is more than 2 years and is still ten)...

Anyway, what do you think is next in the Pokemon Anime? Brand new anime, that'll be like pokemon special/adventures? Or the same cutesy anime that people are actually getting bored of..?

What are your thoughts?

Let's just hope Ash get's killed by N in the Pokemon best wishes season 2 episode n saga...

Pokemon Cyclone Saga
-The Pokemon Series-

Watch It Here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/iNeonFox
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:59 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendofox3d View Post
Let's just hope Ash get's killed by N in the Pokemon best wishes season 2 episode n saga...
No lets not Hope that Ash gets Killed what the **** are you thinking?

Heres a Better thought Lets all Hope you get Killed (Joking)
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Nintendofox3d
Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!

Lol, okay i'm pretty sure he won't get killed, but I just kinda hate ash...

Pokemon Cyclone Saga
-The Pokemon Series-

Watch It Here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/iNeonFox
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Altomare
Purupuru!

Hopefully brand new anime. And yeah, make it like Pokemon Special (or make it an adaptation of Pokemon Special).
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:18 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

I don't think anything will happen to Ash

When Ash saw a Ho-oh for the first time, he wished that he could have a pokemon journey that would last forever, and that's what we got! >=D

Lol I'm kidding x)
I think Ash will go on and adventure the new region, Ash is a hardball and is difficult to get rid of
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Altomare
Purupuru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
=

I think Ash will go on and adventure the new region, Ash is a hardball and is difficult to get rid of
Ahh, we have a saying, "mahirap mamatay ang masamang damo" . Translates to "Weeds are difficult to kill". Although Ash is not a bad person (the proverb is often used to refer to bad people) he certainly is hard to get rid of
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Ask yourself this. Do you think it wise to cut a source of constant advertising for your product? Would you benefit from losing revenue from DVD sales of Seasons as well as Movie sales? And finally are you okay with losing profit from all anime related merchandise?

Aside from the monetary standpoint, why end something now when the character has yet to accomplish anything of note or make much progression throughout the years? Instead keep the character and progress him work him into the trainer he needs to be. Ash and Pikachu are faces of the franchise, getting rid of them is pretty slim.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 9th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
I don't think anything will happen to Ash

When Ash saw a Ho-oh for the first time, he wished that he could have a pokemon journey that would last forever, and that's what we got! >=D

Lol I'm kidding x)
Even though you are kidding, this is pretty much the reasoning we might get when we ask why the anime is repeated cycle (because no one wants to say it's for money even though everyone knows that).

The main character won't change that's why he travels in a party, so the party can change and he can stay.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Ash will probably stay, they will keep Ash until pokemon dies. However, it would be nice to make a secondary season like Chronicles, but with diffrent people.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Darthbane2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Ask yourself this. Do you think it wise to cut a source of constant advertising for your product? Would you benefit from losing revenue from DVD sales of Seasons as well as Movie sales? And finally are you okay with losing profit from all anime related merchandise?

Aside from the monetary standpoint, why end something now when the character has yet to accomplish anything of note or make much progression throughout the years? Instead keep the character and progress him work him into the trainer he needs to be. Ash and Pikachu are faces of the franchise, getting rid of them is pretty slim.

You would think they would decide to do something about Ash's journey after 15 years....
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:51 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

You can't get rid of ash and pikachu that would be dumb just have to make him actually progress after 800 episodes and countless encounters with so many important trainers legendaries and having so many pokemon by now it's completely stupid to still have him looking so amatur by now ash should of been inspirational to all his rivals ash has 45 gym badges an orange island championship conquered the battle frontier yet the character is portrayed as if he got pikachu from oak last week
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:47 AM
fffire24
Unhatched Egg

Ash for life. I'd like to see him matured some though. BRING BACK MISTY. I do really like Iceman's idea as long as there's no redundancy.
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
King_21
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Pokemon better not remove ash , isn't it enough they got Brock out ?

Old January 16th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Bobdapeach

I'd probably stop watching if Ash wasn't in it

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Ash will probably stay until the Pokemon franchise itself dies.

I would like it better if they matured him a bit and not make him a noob again like what happened in Unova.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Heartouch
Look up to the stars.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
I think Ash is still in, because Pokemon Anime will never be the same without him.
PC Family | PC Blog | EGC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:43 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

I'm more for replacing Pikachu than replacing Ash. Ash starts fresh in all regions, but what's the point of starting fresh if his starter is Level 100? At least he should be Level 100, yet he still lost to a Level 5 Snivy, which should have fainted just from a Tackle. Nerfing Pikachu is just wrong. It makes the whole previous seasons meaningless if he's still weak and only wins the most important battle (except League).

Seriously, can't Pikachu just tag along as a friend, and not "Pokemon"? What's the point of having a variety of new Pokemon, if Ash's gonna use Pikachu and win all important battles. I've watched the Elesa gym battle recently, and I was surprised when Ash decided not to use Pikachu, only to use him as his third Pokemon. Not cool man.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

I highly doubt that Ash will ever leave the anime, since it's basically his journey that the anime is all about. While I know a lot of people are getting tired of Ash because he's arguably pretty stupid most of the time, keeps forgetting type advantages, Pokemon he's already met, etc., and still manages to lose to newbie trainers despite reaching high ranks in various tournaments and such. But fact just is, the show is all about Ash. Giving the show a new protagonist would be like giving the anime Naruto a new protagonist, or Bleach, or whatever. The show may not be titled "Ash and his Pokemon", but it's still all about him.

And comeon, while a big chunk of the older audience would like to see Ash gone, he still appeals to the younger viewers, and they aren't really as judgmental, and don't seem to see continuous and repetitive mistakes as anything bad, and since the target audience of the show is the younger viewers, no way are they gonna risk it all by giving the show a new and more mature main character. If the demand is for a "cooler" show for the older audience, kinda like the B2W2 promo to appeal to more people, then I think it's too late. The whole franchise is already regarded by many as childish, so a reboot of the anime would most likely not help bring new fans to the franchise, unfortunately.

So yeah, don't count on Ash leaving anytime soon.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:48 PM
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
i like Cilan. Brock...bleh. never really liked him. but i got all excited when i saw B/W season 2 and N! if they get rid of Cilan and/or Ash, i am gonna stop watching Pokemon FOREVER. Screw Iris, she's odd. i mean, WHAT trainer sends her NEWLY CAUGHT Dragonite out in a major battle against her RIVAL!?!?! I like Cilan 'cause he is interesting, he's WAY more mature than Brock, AND he DOESN'T go all ga-ga over GIRLS like BROCK did *shudder*. Also, i think Ash HAS matured in Unova. at least a little bit.

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old January 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Everyone should bear in mind that Ash isn't the one writing the script making himself an ignorant trainer upon entering a new region. And replacing him wouldn't accomplish what you look for. It would just be a different person then after the next Generation then you have to ask yourself now what? If they have Ash leave then at least progress him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimonqueen View Post
i like Cilan. Brock...bleh. never really liked him. but i got all excited when i saw B/W season 2 and N! if they get rid of Cilan and/or Ash, i am gonna stop watching Pokemon FOREVER. Screw Iris, she's odd. i mean, WHAT trainer sends her NEWLY CAUGHT Dragonite out in a major battle against her RIVAL!?!?! I like Cilan 'cause he is interesting, he's WAY more mature than Brock, AND he DOESN'T go all ga-ga over GIRLS like BROCK did *shudder*. Also, i think Ash HAS matured in Unova. at least a little bit.
She was probably trying to prove a point to Georgia seeing as Dragonite is a Dragon type after all and Georgia is a proclaimed "Dragon Buster". Ash has matured in Unova? I guess this is after he de-matured after Sinnoh lol. Since I remember him being quite inventive with his strategies then, now you can't say that much.

Also too everyone posting, lets not turn this into another Ash centric topic. The question asks what happens to the ANIME yes that would be the series as a whole not just a single character.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

What ash needs is a rival that would go beyond one gen same way Gary was
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:35 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Ash will probably go to a new region and meet new friends. I don't think Ash will be going away anytime soon. He has yet to fulfill his dream of becoming Pokemon master.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:08 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

I just wish they let poor Ash grow up!

His story should have ended after the 3rd generation.

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old January 19th, 2013, 02:50 AM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaZaku View Post
I'm more for replacing Pikachu than replacing Ash. Ash starts fresh in all regions, but what's the point of starting fresh if his starter is Level 100? At least he should be Level 100, yet he still lost to a Level 5 Snivy, which should have fainted just from a Tackle. Nerfing Pikachu is just wrong. It makes the whole previous seasons meaningless if he's still weak and only wins the most important battle (except League).

Seriously, can't Pikachu just tag along as a friend, and not "Pokemon"? What's the point of having a variety of new Pokemon, if Ash's gonna use Pikachu and win all important battles. I've watched the Elesa gym battle recently, and I was surprised when Ash decided not to use Pikachu, only to use him as his third Pokemon. Not cool man.
I have an Idea what if Pikachu gotten sick by some rare pokemon disease. But the only way to cure pikachu is to get the medicine from a new region that ash has never even heard of. so ash goes into the new region and goes looking for the pokemon doctor but the doctor is a few towns over so ash finds an eevee. eevee will not like ash at first because this eevee hates humans. but ash tries to reason with eevee.

but then the evil pokemon group comes in and kidnaps eevee. ash goes after the evil Pokemon group and tries to save eevee. he meets the boss's daughter (ash doesn't know) . who'd she think ash is an intruder but ash explains to her that some bad guys kidnapped eevee do they go out and find eevee tied up.

then the evil boss comes in and tells ash that his daughter is standing right there. ash is shocked the girl admits it. and loses his trust in her. but she says she loves pokemon she doesn't want to hurt them she wants to help them. her dream is to become a pokemon scientist. but her dad gets mad and says she is the heir to the throne. and ash is confused by it.

the boss tells ash that he is the king of this region. so basically the new region is ruled by an evil empire. ash and the king's daughter beg the king to free eevee. but the king refuses. and the daughter is begging the king to let eevee go but ash sneaks around and untied eevee they escape the king turns around and finds eevee gone.

The king tells the guards to go after them. eevee turns around and gives a quick attack to the guards and they get beat. they leave the castle. ash tells the princess about pikachu and his rare disease. she says she knows a doctor and so she tags along. ash says goodbye to eevee. but eevee is following ash as it's wanting to go with him. so ash brings out a pokeball and eevee gets caught and ash got an eevee finally.

then a few towns over ash finds the doctor but it turns out the doctor is brock. ash tells brock about pikachu so brock gives ash the medicine and he uses the item transfer system. and he sends it to Oak. Oak then gives pikachu the medicine then he is cured. pikachu goes into the pokemon transfer system. he is greeted by ash. the princess and brock. ash then decides to collect all eight gym badges and enter the Pokemon League. Brock then decides to join ash. but when they go out front a familiar face is there. It's Misty! they are shocked and she joins ash so now it's a four person group. ash , brock , misty , and the princess.
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
ranso33

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ranso33 Send a message via Skype™ to ranso33
I think Ash will stay, in the end he is the symbol of Pokemon together with Pikachu. But I did want him to be less of a child and get stronger, defeat Elite Four for once. I would also like very much to see him capture a legendary. I have already felt that many of them just wanted to go with him and the show keeps showing some weird people that have them, who will ever forget that guy with a Darkrai and a Latios?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links