The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
Hope this is the right place for this and hope it hasn't been asked before, I know they are coming out in all regions in Oct. but are they gonna in english or japanese?
They will come out in all sorts of languages - but the language will depend on each country. So yeah, that includes English and Japanese.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:42 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Ok so if I order both for the US they will be in english? Sorry if that sounds stupid, but every thing I have saw about the games have all been in japanese.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Ok so if I order both for the US they will be in english? Sorry if that sounds stupid, but every thing I have saw about the games have all been in japanese.
Probably because they started working on it first. After all, they later can port it to English.

This brings up a new question, however...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 18th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Well yeah, so long as you specifically pre-order a US version of Pokemon X&Y, it'll be in English.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Yeah, selling them in Japanese in the U.S would drastically lower sales.
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
There would have to be a really good pre-order gift to get me to pre-order.
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Forever
let it go

Pre-order in what Vapor lmao, pre-order in Japanese or just in general? Because I have no opposition to pre-ordering in general...
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
There would have to be a really good pre-order gift to get me to pre-order.
You get to have access to the game nine months sooner than you normally would have for a new Pokémon release. I'd say that's a nice gift.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 18th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I had no desire to ever pre-order a Pokemon game, whether or not the Japanese got it first or anything like that. u_u I used to be able to read Japanese, but not anymore, and it'd just be more difficult to navigate through the games reading something I don't really understand. D:

That being said though, it does remind me if something would come included in these games, like how the pokewalker was included within HG/SS...I wonder if we'll have something special within these games, but it's doubtful. u_u
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I had no desire to ever pre-order a Pokemon game, whether or not the Japanese got it first or anything like that. u_u I used to be able to read Japanese, but not anymore, and it'd just be more difficult to navigate through the games reading something I don't really understand. D:

That being said though, it does remind me if something would come included in these games, like how the pokewalker was included within HG/SS...I wonder if we'll have something special within these games, but it's doubtful. u_u
Yeah, I agree. I never have wanted to pre-order a Pokemon game, and I doubt there will be any special pre order bonuses or things of the like.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:22 PM
HRforges
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Hope this is the right place for this and hope it hasn't been asked before, I know they are coming out in all regions in Oct. but are they gonna in english or japanese?
It will be in the language of the country your in except Canada, there will be a French and English version for it.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRforges View Post
It will be in the language of the country your in except Canada, there will be a French and English version for it.
That's because Canada is bilingual, they're both considered official languages. I might pre-order, if it comes with some sort of little statue thing like HeartGold did, otherwise I'll just mosey on in on the release date and pick it up.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:32 PM
HRforges
Unhatched Egg

I'm probably getting it around release date, unless pre-order comes with a black blastoise/squrtle.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Pre-order in what Vapor lmao, pre-order in Japanese or just in general? Because I have no opposition to pre-ordering in general...
Pre-order in general, if I'm getting the game the same day anyway, I may as well get it as cheap as possible. Before spending the money I saved on Pokémon plushies.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:33 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I've pre-ordered Pokemon games in the past. Might as well do it for this one...not in Japanese, though. Can't read it. I'm lame, I know.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:53 PM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
The only time I've pre-ordered a Pokemon game was for Black and White. I pre-ordered White at Gamestop when they were giving away the shiny Legendary beasts. I didn't know you needed your DS and a copy of a Gen IV game with you in order to get them so I left those at home. So I basically missed out on getting the shiny beasts, Celebi and Zoroark in my game. >.<

I might pre-order these games if I can. I'm hoping to have a 3DS by atleast the summer if not by October. Wanted to pre-order Black 2 , but I didn't get the time.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm going to pre-order both of the games as soon as it becomes possible to pre-order Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. I'll be really excited to play the games as soon as I get the new games, since there'll be so much to be looking forward to in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I'm going to pre-order both of the games as soon as it becomes possible to pre-order Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. I'll be really excited to play the games as soon as I get the new games, since there'll be so much to be looking forward to in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
Yeah, I'm going to pre-order both. They look really exciting and new and fresh. And by the way, you can already pre-order them in EB games.
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

I never pre-ordered a game due to my strict mother, and it's likely that will continue with Pokemon X & Y.

Also, I tend to miss out on event Legendaries, which was why I failed to get the likes of Victini, Keldeo and Genesect. Let's hope X & Y change that thanks to 3DS technology.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old January 19th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Starry Windy
Chyaaaaaaa~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I personally don't think to pre-order Pokemon X and Y. I'll buy it if I want it, because I'm still considering to buy a 3DS or two.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:43 AM
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
I've pre-ordered every Pokémon game since Diamond & Pearl... I absolutely need to know the store won't have sold out by the time I get there.

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old January 19th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

I haven't been to EB Games since 2 weeks ago. I'll go down there and pre-order them as soon as possible.

Knowing how exciting Pokémon X and Pokémon Y really is going to be, and who knows what else could be revealed? Again, I'm really hoping for a Light-type to be introduced, so it would balance the type chart to have weaknesses and resistances, no matter what dual type the Pokémon is.

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 19th, 2013, 02:08 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I remember it was either B/W or HG/SS where Big W had the lowest price, and everyone who pre-ordered got their's late because the sold all their stock in a day and ended up selling all the pre-order stock as well.
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Two more game manufacturers have closed down over here so I'm literally limited to only one store that sells Video Games which makes me consider pre-ordering even though I usually just go in store and pick up a copy on release date hmmm..

Old January 19th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

I kind of wonder if there will be a huge celebration in the United States about Pokémon X and Y by the time the game is launched over there? 'Cause I remember there was one for Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, and I watched it live on Pokémon.com and I had to stay up at 4am in the morning in order to watch it, due to timezone differences. xD

Ah, those were the good memories of '07.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here