The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Star_Chris View Post
I personally don't call these Pokemon NU (Neverused). I think NOU (Not Often Used) suits them better. Don't you agree?
Not really, given that NeverUsed is what it's officially called according to Smogon :( It's true that your description is accurate but I'd much prefer calling it NeverUsed given that it's the official name. However, as this thread is for discussing stuff in the tier - how often do you play NU/what are your thoughts of it? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomTrainerWhoCould View Post
lol. And that will be the entire message

Cacturne is a "high risk- high reward poke". Its offensive stats are unrivaled, but its bulk is ****. You need to predict and get it in on a double or get it in after something died. It can't take hits for crap(even against psychics), but if you do manage to get it in safely, and you are good at predicting, then IT WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN. You can also lead w/ it because it makes an excellent check to lead golems because of bullet seed. Treat it as something like Deoxys-Attack(except cacturne's bulk is not that terrible). It's meant to be an OFFENSIVE spiker, but if you want a DEFENSIVE spiker, use Garbordor
lol good at predicting and bad player doesn't add up tho. ;( So no not always good. Also it can play offensively too and not just as a spiker!!

Also idts, it's obvious that it'd have something to take down Golem, like with Cinccino. I'd rather use Fraxure (which I have been using), with CB and Aqua Tail to take down Golem with Mold Breaker, defeat Probopass and Bastiodon w/ Superpower, so p good.
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
Yes cacturne can be a p good wallbreaker or even a sweeper, but shifty is a better sweeper because of nature power and better speed(I used to use shifty, it's so cool :]) Too bad cacturne didn't get leaf storm, if it did it would've been a good mixed attacker, simar to MIXMENCE. And yeah the NFE dragons are pretty underused, and cb fraxure is really cool, too bad it has bad bulk without Eviolite.
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Forever
let it go

HELLO PEOPLE I HAVE TERRIBLE NEWS.

Amoonguss, Emboar, Snover, Cinccino and Absol are GONE. From NeverUsed, that is. WHAT WILL WE EVER DO? But ya, feel free to discuss how you think this will change EVERYTHING without them and if it affects you etc, I shall update the first post later okay??

Oh and I'll post POTF later, toooo.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Tackle
Pancham

Nature: Timid
They're gone? That's terrible news. =(
My NeverUsed team without them... Oww...

But I might find some Pokémon instead of them.

Feel free to VM / PM me, I'll be sure to reply your messages!

Paired with ForeverDash, MidnightShine, Shadowraze, Daniel Evans and Hoenn.

Also known as Clown of Hearts.

Join Castelia City Forums now!

Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:47 AM
Forever
let it go

Well the Smogon server isn't updated yet and my team is catered to what the new metagame will be, and because of that I'm glad Absol/Amoonguss are gone actually lmao. I miss Emboar but Amoonguss I'm okay with it being gone.

Also considering using four dark moves Skuntank idk. :( Considering MUSHARNA and all.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:20 AM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Good thing they're gone because I don't use any of them and they're annoying :]
YES YOU'RE FINALLY USING FOUR DARK MOVES SKUNTANK DO IT POISON JAB SUCKS. Oh, use spooky plate as well! Crunch 2hkos musharna after spooky plate and it doesn't 2hko with lefties :]
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
No woohoo Spooky Plate doesn't boost Dark-type moves what are you talking about. It's Dread plate fool! But yeah, Dread Plate > Black Sludge since Musharna's are idek. I'm actually indifferent about the Pokemon that moved up. I don't use them, they're pretty annoying at times, but really idc. My teams can handle them and I guess without Amoonguss we can only worry about the less-accurate Sleep Powder (which a lot of NU grass-types run iirc). NU gets Roselia and Stoutland, not quite sure about the latter but I guess TSpikes and Spikes will be more common now due to Roselia.

Also lmao Snover moved up.

Last edited by Zeffy; January 2nd, 2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:37 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Stoutland? o.0
you can't be serious smogon, STOUTLAND MOVED TO NU? It used to be one of the best sand sweepers in OU ever since the mighty excadrill moved to ubers, and now it's NU.
*speechless*
Old January 5th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Forever
let it go

At least people might try it out for a while. Roselia though will probably be used quite a bit tbh, hopefully not just to replace Amoonguss though. As for replacements, it's hard as far as fire-types are concerned. There's just not that much really "great" compared to Emboar, but imma use Camerupt again for a while given that Tangela, Roselia, Vileplume and Cacturne will "maybe" increase in usage, plus it can also use Earth Power on Skuntank too. :3

Nevertheless,

Pokemon of the fortnight #2: 5/1/13 - 19/1/13

This Pokemon is able to scare Ludicolo off, with a great STAB in Air Slash, and can recover with the expected Surf or Hydro Pump, while for Samurott it can take on the special sets while the physical sets can do very little back to it, given that it resists Megahorn! While those water types aren't going to be as big now with the coming psychic-domination, they're still things you should prepare for in your teams, and Mantine can be something that can fill that spot. Now due to that, discussion should be based around this Pokemon/success with it, flaws with it and so on for the next two weeks, while you may still discuss other things. Feel free to also try it out and battle with it, and fully get to know the benefits it can have in this metagame. Soooo, discuss!
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Mantine can be quite the special sponge beast - I mean, yeah, it's a great check to Ludicolo, and it has other properties too, like, special sweeper (I've seen one with choice specs w/ Hidden Power Fire or.. I think it was Flying, and it was AMAZING). Well, of course, it's typing can be tricky to work with - it's also a flying type, so you can't switch it in against rock users like Regirock, Golurk, Golem, or I dunno, Relicanth? So chalantly. Plus it's weak to SR, so, maybe you'd have to work it between switching it in water users. (but I'd watch out for toxic though, unless maybe it can utalize a rest/sleep talk moveset?).

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 18th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
imo the only thing that's holding back people from using Mantine is the stealth rock weakness, given there's not much spinners in NU :(
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:52 AM
shnen

I'd say that its bad movepool is also a big factor: relying on restalk is a killer with this gen's sleep rules, and even it's in it can't really do too much other than hoping to burn something with scald or do some damage with air slash (or toxic I suppose) - it's really crying out for some of its cousin's (skarm that is) moves, i.e. spikes and roost.

then again an offensive rain dance set is also viable, but that is more hindered by its weak Special Attack and the presence of competitors. It's still a very good set though, give it a shot

oh and I like this idea of potf nica
Old February 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Sooooo the new statistics from smogon are up:

The top 15
Spoiler:

1 | Sawk | 17.78465% | 19339 | 15.146% | 15203 | 14.564% |
| 2 | Golurk | 16.84148% | 19313 | 15.125% | 16852 | 16.144% |
| 3 | Gardevoir | 14.92398% | 17715 | 13.874% | 13974 | 13.387% |
| 4 | Alomomola | 13.53445% | 16299 | 12.765% | 13115 | 12.564% |