The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
OliviaGirl
Ace Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Yahoo to OliviaGirl Send a message via Skype™ to OliviaGirl
I'm Olivia, and I'm new to this forum. (and most forums in general...)

I've loved Pokemon since I was a little girl playing Yellow on my partially broken Gameboy. My favourite gen is 3, unpopular opinion I know. I like tea and animals.

My favourite is probably Cyndaquil!

I'm not really sure what else to say, but I hope to be of use to the forums!
__________________
Olivia Grace, certified Pokemon master.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Welcome to PC Olivia! My favorite gen is gen 3 too so you are the same as me. There's a subforum for Advance Generation Games, you should visit it. You could tell us more about you. Like your interests or hobbies related to Pokemon or not. What kind of animal do you prefer? I love cats but can't have one because of my asthma. You will absolutely be useful to the forums in a way or another. If you want to talk or want some help, don't hesitate to VM me. Have fun here with us!
__________________
goodbye o/
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Renpuu's Avatar
Renpuu
Gengar !
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Greetings OliviaGirl ! As a English person it would be very odd if I did not like tea. I love tea and cakes !
I have 2 cats and 2 dogs which all battle for my time and affection ! I am more of a cat, than a dog person, but I do enjoy the company of both of them at times.
There are plenty of sections and topics in the forum ranging from the Video Games of all colours, the upcoming Pokemon X + Y, Pokemon Trading Card Game, General boards and many more !
If you are new to forums, the idea is to generally be polite, post content which is relevant to the topic (otherwise moderators may remove it) and create new topics to discuss !
Please feel free to private message myself or Cirno if you are having any difficulties. Also alot of other members will be friendly and helpful to make you feel welcome to the forum !

Enjoy your visits !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Venitardus's Avatar
Venitardus
Breeder
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Hi there and Welcome! My fav. gen is gen 3 as well.
Also, like JNathan said, and/or if you havent already, we have a Advance generation forum that you could check out.

anyway, it's great that you joined and if you have anything, you can contact me anytime
__________________
My breeding center: .
3ds and Pokemon X version name: Joey
3ds FC: 4468-2394-4701
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM
OliviaGirl
Ace Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Send a message via Yahoo to OliviaGirl Send a message via Skype™ to OliviaGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
Welcome to PC Olivia! My favorite gen is gen 3 too so you are the same as me. There's a subforum for Advance Generation Games, you should visit it. You could tell us more about you. Like your interests or hobbies related to Pokemon or not. What kind of animal do you prefer? I love cats but can't have one because of my asthma. You will absolutely be useful to the forums in a way or another. If you want to talk or want some help, don't hesitate to PM me. Have fun here with us!
Awesome to see another gen 3 lover! I'll check it out. :) I'm into biking, reading, going to concerts, shopping, and video games. I'm a dog kind of girl, I have 4 of my own. :o I like birds too, I have 2. Cats are cool, I'm allergic though. I hope so! Thank you! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renpuu View Post
Greetings OliviaGirl ! As a English person it would be very odd if I did not like tea. I love tea and cakes !
I have 2 cats and 2 dogs which all battle for my time and affection ! I am more of a cat, than a dog person, but I do enjoy the company of both of them at times.
There are plenty of sections and topics in the forum ranging from the Video Games of all colours, the upcoming Pokemon X + Y, Pokemon Trading Card Game, General boards and many more !
If you are new to forums, the idea is to generally be polite, post content which is relevant to the topic (otherwise moderators may remove it) and create new topics to discuss !
Please feel free to private message myself or Cirno if you are having any difficulties. Also alot of other members will be friendly and helpful to make you feel welcome to the forum !

Enjoy your visits !
Ooh, England seems awesome. Yeah, as stated above I have 4 dogs, hahaha. I'm branching out a bit into the other forums, but I feel like I have nothing to contribute. :\ I'll try to be helpful! Thanks for the advice/help! This forum is really nice. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venitardus View Post
Hi there and Welcome! My fav. gen is gen 3 as well. :)
Also, like JNathan said, and/or if you havent already, we have a Advance generation forum that you could check out.

anyway, it's great that you joined and if you have anything, you can contact me anytime
Awesome! I'm checking the different forums out now. Thank you for the help! <3
__________________
Olivia Grace, certified Pokemon master.

Last edited by OliviaGirl; January 19th, 2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: I didn't see the other comment. :c
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Sheep's Avatar
Sheep
im actually a foot model
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Hey there, Olivia! Welcome welcome to PC yeah! n~n

Oh, a new forumer, I see? Well, you should start by familiarizing yourself with the rules to make sure you avoid making mistakes. I know some members assume our rules are the same basic ones that any other forum has and skip by them... and then end up not realizing that we have a one-month thread revival rule, eep. D: So it's definitely worthwhile to read through 'em! Just a little reminder. Anyway, I wouldn't say being a gen. 3 lover is unpopular. I've seen a handful of fans and adore it myself, actually! <3; Like the others suggested, definitely stop by the Advanced Generation Games for anything third gen-related, from R/S/E to FR/LG. Emerald is actually my favorite game and I use it for most of my challenges among other things. Not sure why, but it's just so fun to replay and super addicting. Who was your favorite Hoenn starter? If you say Treecko, you get a cookie

But wow, you have a lot of interests, which I'm sure will only make your experience more enjoyable here. :D We have a place to talk about almost everything here. Our lovely regulars already made many suggestions so there's not much left for me to suggest you, haha. Stinks you're allergic to cats.. those are my favorite animals so I'd be a bit sad if it were the same in my case. Any animal lover is awesome in my book, though! I stopped by the pet store a few days ago and actually considered getting a bunny but one cat alone is already a handful to take care of. xD;

Loved reading and replying to your introduction - I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly as you do seem like a wonderful person! Feel free to contact me anytime if you'd like to chat! :D
__________________

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Avatar by Lilith | Signature by Achromatic
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
ラグラージ
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Hi Olivia, welcome to PC!

I know what it's like being new to forums but thankfully there are more experienced members here who can help you settle in (like me of course). As Cirno stated, familiarize yourself with the rules so you don't get into trouble. You're a 3rd Generation fan? That was my first generation as far as playing the Pokemon games goes, although I prefer 4th and 5th Generations better. Are you going to get involved with all the X & Y madness right now?

I feel sad you're allergic to cats, since I have one. However, if you ever need help feel free to ask a moderator, like Cirno and Cid. Or you can just send a quick VM to me and I'll be happy to talk to you.

- Hikari10
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.