The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga

Notices

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:51 AM
DahDexy
Way Too Freakin' Random

Nature: Jolly
Currently I'm really into Bakuman, Air Gear, Inazuma Eleven (All of them), and Saint Seiya Omega. I would probably rate them all a 8.5 or a 9. They are just so freakin' awesome. I can't stop watching them!
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Altomare
Purupuru!

Trying to make my way trough the original Mobile Suit Gundam, but the animation, which is not so good, keeps stopping me (currently at ep 5). Can't find the movie trilogy (rather, I was only able to find Movie II) so I have to watch all 43 eps.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:36 AM
derozio
not an anime connoisseur
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Into Rurouni Kenshin and Bakuman 3 right now. Bakuman's awesome and Rurouni Kenshin hasn't been bad either. Actually loving Kenshin's attitude a lot. His battle style is rad, too. I have the movies as well so might as well watch them after I'm done with the anime. :3

All that while eagerly waiting for next One Piece episode (Punk Hazard arc ftw <3 Monet might make her appearance next episode so that's a plus!) and chapter (GODDAMMIT I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT BADASS DOFLAMINGO DOES NEXT!!1!11!) which will probably be up on 13th and 15th/16th respectively. ;~;
Gawd such a long wait
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter Tier 2

^ I never should've come here, thanks for the spoilers.:p

Anyway in terms of anime, I only watch one piece atm. (No I don't read the manga) punk hazard seems pretty cool though. Quick question: will the guys from z's ambition ever return? Or was it a filler?

I hadn't read addicted to curry in a while, I'm so glad some new chapters were translated. Wish there were more people working on the translations though, they still got more than 300 chapters left to do...
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Aisu

Nature: Adamant
Watching Inuyasha, just finished catching up on Pandora Hearts and am on Naruto. I'm like, ten chapters late on One Piece. >.o
Might Guy's...well...might

ComicFury / deviantArt / Fanfiction
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:09 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I just finished Kekko Kamen. Hilarious, if not a bit perverted. My friend lent it to me saying I would find it funny. He was right.

He also lent me Jibijuru The Second Coming, but some of it's content I just couldn't handle...and I've seen A LOT of nasty stuff.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:22 PM
SLITCX
Spontaneous Water Lover

For mangas, I am currently reading:
  • The God of High School
  • Tower of God
  • Noblesse
  • Magician
  • Magi
  • Kimi no Iru Machi
  • Claymore
  • Naruto
  • Bleach
  • One Piece
  • Toriko
  • Denpa Kyoushi
  • The World God Only Knows
  • Horimiya
  • Baby Steps
  • Bartender
  • Plenty of other inactive ones.

For animes, I am currently finishing up Valkyria Chronicles while dabbing into Magi during weekly releases.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

I recently completed Baccano! and I gotta say it's one of the most top-notch anime I have ever seen. The jazz soundtrack is completely marvelous along with the plot. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. The animation and graphics look nice as well; almost like vector graphics.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Brane
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logiedan View Post
I recently completed Baccano! and I gotta say it's one of the most top-notch anime I have ever seen. The jazz soundtrack is completely marvelous along with the plot. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. The animation and graphics look nice as well; almost like vector graphics.
Hooray for Baccano! It has to be one of my favourite animes, the action scenes are amazing and the way the story progresses is so smooth and interesting. The characters are all so diverse and instantly capture you. If you haven't already, I'd recommend watching Durarara!! as it's done by the same people and has the same sort of storyline progression with all the different character perspectives.
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Graceful
あぁ、たいさ!♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful
I was able to get the first Volume of Black Cat for Christmas! No matter how much I re-read it, it never grows old :') I'm planning to buy the second and the third volumes soon off Amazon. I'm also trying with the anime, but I am prefering the manga.
I've been switching from "Ao no Exorcist", "High School DxD", "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon", "Madoka Magica", "Durarara!!" recently.
Though I've been speeding through "The World God Only Knows" and I'm on series 2 now :3 It's amazing. I really need to start the manga soon.

And apparently Graceful is still alive after a very long hiatus ♥
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Anime's pretty simple: Smile Precure with my daughter, and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Tamako Market on my own. I'm probably gonna start a completed series in an hour or so. Maybe Index or something.

Manga's actually complicated: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, Magi, WataMote, Centaur no Nayami, Mahou Shoujo of the End, Sora no Otoshimono, (eventually) Deadman Wonderland, Fairy Tail, and MonMusu as they come out, and I'm waiting for the final chapter of Kazumi Magica to be translated.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter Tier 2

Just read through all the 18 translated chapters from "Those Who Chase The Ageha"... Can't wait for the next one XD
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:57 PM
CarefulWetPaint
I burn. Come at me, you'll see
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CarefulWetPaint
So its a new season so I have a new list of anime and manga I'm watching. Pretty much all the decent things I could find/sounded interesting. Well here we go:

Anime:
Bakuman. 3
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
Fairy Tail
Mahoromatic
Kotoura-san
Magi
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Senran Kagura
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Vividred Operation

Manga:
AIKI
Akame ga Kill!
Claymore
Dracu-Riot!
Freezing
Hayate no Gotoku!
Iinazuke Kyoutei
Kagerou Days
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Kanojo wa Kannou Shousetsuka
Kiss x Sis
Kono Onee-san wa Fiction desu!?
Maga-Tsuki Publishing
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
Nozoki Ana
Omamori Himari
Puppy Lovers
Rosario+Vampire Season II
Rotte no Omocha!
Teppuu
The Legend of Maian
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Tsuki Tsuki!
Umi no Misaki

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 19th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss

Nature: Quiet
Manga wise it's Naruto and KissxSis atm, had Berserk on my list too but I don't have as much time for that one sadly. Anime wise it would have to be Deadman Wonderland even though I'm not watching that much anime anymore after finishing Future Diary not too long ago.
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Antemortem
I'M HETERO FOR KAYA SCODELARIO

Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I'm not into much manga-wise, but as for anime, I'm getting into Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Hyouka!, Sword Art Online, and Guilty Crown! There are a few others I've been coerced into trying out but I'm super far behind in everything anime-related so I'm trying not to get involved in too many for fear of being further bogged down.

kawaii in the sheets
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:25 PM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

Anime wise, nothing. I havent watched anime in awhile due to being really busy and just not having much interest.

Manga wise, I keep up with the new Naruto and Bleach chapters, and I am currently making my way through Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, and Fairy Tail!

Old January 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I've watched countless anime in my time but for some reason I've always managed to skip the big names like Bleach, One Piece, FMA, etc, so now I'm going through catching up with some of those. My friend has just introduced me to Full Metal Alchemist by showing me the first two episodes and now I literally can't stop watching it (I'm even watching it whilst writing this post), it's just sooo good. Then next on my list is One Piece since I've heard great things about the main character and pirates are awesome!

As for manga, I've never really had access to much of it or known where to find it so I've not actually read any yet. D:
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:47 PM
voicerocker
Psyduck

I just finished Tokyo Majin. Now it's one of my favorites! The characters look awesome, it's dark and violent, and overall, just a fun action show! I'd recommend checking it out! (Though be warned, there's a bit of mature language in it!)

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog's Avatar
Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
Ohonhonhon!~

Right now, for anime, I'm watching Hetalia, Black Butler, Lucky Star, and Azumanga Daioh. I've also got a DVD of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya sitting around, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I don't usually read manga because it's just SO expensive to go out and buy it, but I do read some of the Hetalia strips online.
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Holofoil
Unhatched Egg

Of the ongoing ones:

Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, HSD Kenichi, Claymore, D.Gray Man, Hunter x Hunter, Deadman Wonderland, One Piece, Vinland Saga, The Breaker, Noblesse, Tower of God, God of High School, Rosario Vampire, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Gantz, Soul Eater, Beelzebub, Kingdom of Zombie, Berserk, Detective Conan, Toriko and a few more.
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:34 PM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Nature: Relaxed
Only one now. I used to be into others when I was younger, but I slowly found a lot of them with repeating storylines or characters. Others just went bad. But for me, One Piece has always been great, or at the very least never bad. So I'm trying to keep up with it.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Currently going with Naruto, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail and Pokespe. Not much into any anime bar SAO.
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:40 PM
hughes

For some reason I love anime but I'm not a fan of manga. I can't really explain it. But I always get angry when people tell me to read the manga of something because I'm not going to.

The I'm currently watching the Black Butler and Naruto (which I have surprisingly never watched before until recently). Although I'm almost done with the second season of BB and I don't know what to watch next.

3DS FC: 5000 2479 0671 (Vash - Y)(Kara - X)
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, Fletchinder
Black 2 FC: 2924 9605 4312
My Pokemon Tumblr: http://lumiosecafe.tumblr.com/
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

I just got back into Ranma 1/2 anime-wise, for some reason.

As for manga, as always...Pokemon Special. I recently started reading Futari Ecchi again, too (it's actually quite educational sometimes).
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:44 AM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Anime: Great teacher Onizuka, Trigun, Welcome to the NHK, Black Lagoon, Sengoku Basara, Gurren Lagan, Baccano!, Highschool of the dead, Samurai Champloo.
Manga: One Piece, GUNNM (Battle Angel Alita), Hellsing.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links