• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon True Gale

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
I have actually, I'm also going to be using the Bubbles Script he made, since I found a way to make the bubbles appear above and below the character.

I'm glad you're excited for Beta 2, and yeah, the font was needing a change xD

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
No offense man, but this game could be a lot better.

The graphics are pretty bad [and take your screenshots sized down] since you're mixing FRLG interiors with BW exterior tiles. I reccomend looking for a BW interior tileset on deviantart somewhere. The story doesn't seem like it would be in a Pokemon game either, contrary to what you said, the knights thing doesn't really ring any Pokemon bells to me and it's a bit unorthodox for the player to be experiencing a major plot event in Zekrom on route one.

Another thing is this scene
scaled.php

It really doesn't make sense at all that you have FRLG and BW ows [and the dialogue doesn't seem to be contributing to anything] and then you just have random Pokemon running around. I really think you should hold this game to a higher standard and observe how Nintendo's games are or some of the other fangames on this board. Everything you want to communicate and acheive story and gameplay-wise can be accomplished if you put more effort into betas and screenshots before you release them.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
scaled.php

continuing what Fire Fly said, here you can see bad tilesetting, with the game station (wii) there is a line that does not belong there
Not to mention the layout is mixed with FRLG+BW tiles

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Glad you guys are checking out the thread, sorry to disappoint, but those screenshots are outdated.

The screenshots that're currently in the OP are all not present at all in the actual game, I can confirm that.

The game now only has BW, BW2, and a little bit of HGSS/PT tiles. Only reason some FRLG tiles were present because I were missing some things so I put those there as placeholders for the time being. The thread is going to have a complete overhaul either tomorrow or Monday, so I hope you will be here to witness the game's current progress.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Update: Another screenshot from a battle in the Distortion World. Background kindly made for the game by LostImpact. Also, battle GUI is changing.

capture16v.png

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Screenshot was taken right in the middle of one of his battling animations.

Glad you like it, the Distortion World is going to be playing a huge part in the game.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I really recomend turning the player's hat backwards, when hes talking to someone or facing something it goes over the person or object. I say backwards because all you would need to do is flip it which is very easy to do

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
You mean carmaniac for the bubble message?

LostSoulDev and carmaniac are the same person.

I really recomend turning the player's hat backwards, when hes talking to someone or facing something it goes over the person or object. I say backwards because all you would need to do is flip it which is very easy to do

It's due to style clash.
HGSS overworlds are shorter than BW ones.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
It's due to style clash.
HGSS overworlds are shorter than BW ones.

I doubt he would re-sprite either b/w or HG/SS overworlds to match, turning the hat would add a subtle uniqueness as well as make the problem between the sprites not so blatant. I just think it would be a nice idea

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Is this maybe what you were talking about?

capture29.png

Edit: Updated the OP with new screens, updated story, progress update, features update, and more.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Your game sure does look good. I hope everything turns out good for you and your fangame. I also saw that it have a lot of progress. Shouldn't it be posted in The Showcase when Beta 2 comes out? I didn't see the 2nd rival in your OP, maybe you skipped him out. And isn't 6 rivals a bit too much? I hope you're not working on many episodes at the same time. I suggest you working on one episode then the other because when you work on all 4 games at once it will drains all of your time even if you have a lot of team members. But if you have squads of team members, one for each game, it'll be good. Good luck!

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
when is Beta 2 gonna be out? this looks good! i love how you put Xerneas and Yvetal in there. Xerneas is just plain AWESOME. did you put the X and Y starters in the game? besides Chespin, i mean.

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Actually no, Xerneas and Yveltal have a huge role in True Gale 2, but Yveltal doesn't appear until the very end of the game, the last event before the credits.

It's possible to use all 3 X and Y starters but only if you complete certain quests that have to do with them.

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Been working on this for a while, finally found a way to mimic the intro scene of BW, with my own take on it.
Everything for the demo is complete, only thing I need to do is fix a problem with the VS Sequence.

Beta Testers reported back already, the game is about 4-5 hours long.

Edit: Should have just put up a gif version so you could actually see the intro scene in action .___.

Screen for your eyes

capture36b.png

Last edited:

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
the evil Team Zexal
I never trusted those

Your older brother is Jaden Knight
I guess he is... *puts on sunglasses* absolutely flawless! YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH
But for real, what's with these YGO-References?
Q: Are you a Sonic and Yu-Gi-Oh fan? [...]
A: Of course! [...]
Nevermind.

Does the "Knight of the" title give any limitations to the usable Pokemon?

Well, I can't offer much critic this time, everything seems legit. But I wonder what the goal of the two evil teams even is? Maybe I can find some plotholes there? What is the Gate of Time & Space even? Disortion world?
Maybe my questions will be answered when I play the game (demo) (then just say so), but due to my upcoming exams this will have to wait. But I'll monitor this thread.

By the way, could you extend your credits to what the different people have actually done/contributed?

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Sure thing, the credits list will actually be updated the day the demo comes out because I'm still working on finishing on the list of contributions people have made.

The "Knight of The" title doesn't affect any Pokemon limitations but what it does do is give you popularity, a feature I put in after watching Luka S.J/s videos and studying Ruby, whereas the more you win battles with your "Knight" title, the more certain Pokemon (legendaries, especially roaming) and trainers will come to challenge you.

Gate of Time & Space is a door in an alternate dimension that the Pixel fairies (Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie guard) in order to make sure the Distortion World and the real world don't collide, which can cause destruction.

Got the idea after learning more about Galaxy collision. Glad you're interested, the game is very story driven I must warn, because I always thought character interaction in a game was a plus.

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
Well look at what we have here...

It's a bird...it's a game...NO...well...I mean yeah! IT'S TIME FOR TG'S DEMO RELEASE

After being hard at work, all by myself, for a period of 7 months, I'v finally completed and happily ready to release Pokemon True Gale - Demo 2.0

Cool thing about this demo is that it's a first look at all the new features in-game. Let's check out what's gonna be inside.
  • Pokemon World Tournament
  • Quests + Who's That Pokemon!
  • 3 Gyms!
  • 3-4 Hours of Gameplay!
  • Random Matchup Competition!
  • New Music!
  • Sage Tournaments!
  • Updated HUD!
  • And lot's more, but you gotta play it to see!

Credits list will be updated frequently as I continue to search for the users who allowed me to use their resources in game. If you find anyone's resources in-game that I haven't credited, please message me so I can add them.

One last thing, Although I love fan-projects and what not, I'd really appreciate it if no one decides to take stuff from the game and use it however they please, I'v worked too hard and too long to have my work stolen. Thanks.

Here you go: http://www.4shared.com/rar/RHgGpLjI/Pokemon_True_Gale.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back