The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 17th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
What if these new games didn't take place at a new region at all? (of course it IS apparent that they will indeed take place at a new region, but bear with me, this is just hypothetically speaking!)

What if the setting was just a setting with updated buildings, and new gym structures, and in the wild, updated with the new pokemon? How would you react? Would you still be excited on playing these games? What old generation region would you say this would most likely be?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I very much doubt it, while I can imagine Game Freak wishing to put past regions on display with these enhanced graphics I doubt they'd be the focal point, it wouldn't make much sense for the trailer to focus on Europe or to have that many new Pokemon if we weren't going somewhere new.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:27 PM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
but bear with me
Spoiler:

Sorry, I just had to!

I don't think it will be in an old region. Interesting idea, though.
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:29 PM
TrainerN
Unhatched Egg

It'd be pretty sweet to see more revamped regions from the past. Although I'd have to agree it's not very likely under these circumstances, considering the new landmarks and Pokemon.

That would be a cool idea for a future game though, I think.
Especially with the jump to 3D. Going back to previous regions would be exciting.

Last edited by TrainerN; January 17th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Squidchan
The Lady Cthulhu

Nature: Lonely
She said hypothetically which means forget what the trailers are showing. What if it was an older region.

Well, for me, it would depend on the region. The only region I wouldn't be bored in would be the Hoenn region because I haven't played that one very much
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Most definitely third generation with hardly a doubt, if anything. XD Though I'd at least be disappointed that (hypothetically speaking, of course!) it wouldn't take place somewhere completely new!
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:00 PM
InfectedBeast
Trade With Me

i just want a game where it has`all the regions in it. to be honest
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Sagiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedBeast View Post
i just want a game where it has`all the regions in it. to be honest
Why are people still asking for this? While I am fairly sure a game like that is technically possible (as in, 3DS carts have enough memory to do it, though who knows with this generation's step into 3D), it doesn't really make sense.

Traveling through one region gets you somewhere in the range of Lv50 - Lv60. Unless they pulled a GSC's Kanto with incredibly short, plotless regions after the first one, there is no way they'd be able to have a decent level curve. By the end of the second region, literally every trainer would be throwing Lv100's at you, and that's just boring.

If they take away your trained Pokemon and make you start over, how would that be different than having separate games on separate carts?

Anyway, as for the actual topic - while it is a bit obvious that we will be getting a new region, a new adventure with new Pokemon in an old region would be very interesting. I'd love to see Hoenn again with a totally different plot (personally, I'd rather see RSE sequels than RSE remakes).
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Well, I won't be excited. Only reasonable explanation that new species of Pokemons arrive in an old region was a Poke-holocaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bear View Post
Why are people still asking for this? While I am fairly sure a game like that is technically possible (as in, 3DS carts have enough memory to do it, though who knows with this generation's step into 3D), it doesn't really make sense.

Traveling through one region gets you somewhere in the range of Lv50 - Lv60. Unless they pulled a GSC's Kanto with incredibly short, plotless regions after the first one, there is no way they'd be able to have a decent level curve. By the end of the second region, literally every trainer would be throwing Lv100's at you, and that's just boring.

If they take away your trained Pokemon and make you start over, how would that be different than having separate games on separate carts?

Anyway, as for the actual topic - while it is a bit obvious that we will be getting a new region, a new adventure with new Pokemon in an old region would be very interesting. I'd love to see Hoenn again with a totally different plot (personally, I'd rather see RSE sequels than RSE remakes).
Unless the level gap wasn't 100, but that would totally make the game mechanics different. Your statement about taking away your trained Pokemon to start over sound great though. The difference it makes is that you have the whole Pokemon World in just one cart (or maybe 2 for version exclusives). I also like the idea for an RSE sequel, but the remake still sounds good. They'll be forgotten bit by bit now.

Last edited by Musica; January 18th, 2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Forever
let it go

Unova with new Pokemon. I'd want this and willingly play through this. In fact, I badly need this. GameFreak, please? :)

It won't happen but I'd definitely be excited. :333 /#1 Unova fan
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:54 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
If I had to pick on region, it'd be Hoenn. I'd gladly fork over money for it too. I guess I just Pokémon games, no matter what they are.
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
To be perfectly honest, I was actually thinking about that kind of stuff before Pokémon X and Pokémon Y were announced. And during that time, I was thinking about how it would be nice for Generation VI to actually be the Hoenn region in 101 years in the future, where almost everything in the Hoenn region to be completely different with new Pokémon as well as some old Pokémon and where the new legendary Pokémon were actually about Light and Darkness. And a very few landmarks from the original games appearing in ruins.

So that's what I've been thinking about in the "what if the games didn't take place in a new region at all" topic. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Esper

I'd like the idea, but I'd want it to be done right. There would have to be lots of good story elements to explain the changes, but they wouldn't be immediately known to you as you start since, theoretically, you're a new character who hasn't experienced the region before. There'd need to be some things which haven't changed much, but things that have changed a lot. Some areas that were previously available would have to go and new areas would need to be opened up.

Basically they'd have to do what they did with BW2 but with more changes to make it worthy of a whole new game (instead of just a sequel).

But I don't think it would happen.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Probably not going to happen here due to the European and France influence, but if it did, then I would hope they would incorporate some elements of adaptation with the old Pokémon. For example, a strong change in the environment throughout the years had caused numerous of the Pokémon who lived within the region to change and adapt to their new living conditions. Some could have new evolutions and others new forms. While the change in environment could have attracted newer Pokémon from outside the region to inhabit the lands.

There would also need to be a number of changes added in to make the old region feel fresh and make you want to explore it again besides just new Pokémon a la Black 2 and White 2, but more so. Changes in certain areas would have to be made, new locations would have had to be found, while the characters and storylines would have to be changed greatly.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be totally against it. This is something I was hoping that if ever Kanto had to be remade again, that they'd develop it like an entirely new game rather than a remake of the versions before it.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I thought that too, what if it is just an updated version of a Region we've already visited but then when you look at it closely you can't really compare what we've seen with any of the previous regions. It definitely looks like a new scene but I wouldn't mind revisiting an older region.

Old January 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
If anything I wish it would be Hoenn, although I'd be less excited, the least I would want is Sinnoh xD
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
I don't think so but there's most likely going to be areas that allude to other areas from past games.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty

utber6061 suggests this.

I don't agree at all, the onlu similarity is the body of water, but the Route 104 pool is far bigger than the Gen VI one.
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:11 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Unova with new Pokemon. I'd want this and willingly play through this. In fact, I badly need this. GameFreak, please?

It won't happen but I'd definitely be excited. :333 /#1 Unova fan
In this hypothetical scenerio I would hate that...going through Unova for a third time in a row... I rather have Kanto in 3D thank you very much.

If they were to do this hypothetically I would like them to do Hoenn (number 1 Hoenn fan), or if not Sinnoh as it's my second fav. Third choice is Johto, fourth is Kanto and as I said my last choice would be Unova...

Well if we get remakes I'll get my 3D Hoenn and... maybe even...Kanto...
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:20 PM
The_Consumer

As interesting an idea that is, I doubt it is the case. I'm sure that as the first game of Generation VI, it will comprise of a brand new region with new and old concepts put in play. Only this time they've really picked it up a notch with fully 3D visuals.
To further point out, the Eiffel Tower was in the video footage and there hasn't been a game in the series yet that has that building included.

So, I think it's a nono.

However IMO, Ruby and Sapphire or Red and Blue would fit best to your idea. If it was one of these, I think I'd be almost as surprised as hearing about a new Generation. It wouldn't stop me from looking forward to it.
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
In this hypothetical scenerio I would hate that...going through Unova for a third time in a row... I rather have Kanto in 3D thank you very much.

If they were to do this hypothetically I would like them to do Hoenn (number 1 Hoenn fan), or if not Sinnoh as it's my second fav. Third choice is Johto, fourth is Kanto and as I said my last choice would be Unova...

Well if we get remakes I'll get my 3D Hoenn and... maybe even...Kanto...
But then you've gone through Kanto like, 5 times, as opposed to three times in a row. I'd rather something newer and modern than something people got sick of years ago if it was set in another region lmao.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Dullstar

Perhaps if there was some event with legendaries causing a bunch of stuff to happen, and then several years pass? You could be in an older region, but it wouldn't be immediately obvious and could potentially be only hinted at, but never confirmed.

Of course, then the anime would have nothing to do because Ash would have died by the point that said region exists. Oh well.

Old January 24th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
If it was set in another region, wouldn't it just be a remake? I would like a Hoenn remake! It seems most logical out of all the regions they would remake, I guess.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links