The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2013 (01:21 PM).
minidonn

Is there any action replay/gameshark code in pokemon ruby (US) for x2 xp? I want to speed up training without feeling like.I have cheated too much.
Old January 17th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
patter

Does anyone know how to make the IPS or ups files to run on an android phone via gameboid
I have some that work but most do not. Was wondering if there is a way to make it work!

I have an old version of dark rising and flora that work if IRS zipped!

Thanks!
Old January 18th, 2013 (04:52 AM).
minidonn

Patter, you either have to patch on your pc or get my boy, which automatically patches if the names match.
Old January 18th, 2013 (01:44 PM).
patter

Minidonn thanks for the quick response. I tried my boy but it just fails to load the game. I'm guessing the files are too compressed and the emulator can't run it. I have games that work but they are 15-30 megs! The IPA and ups files are like 2 megs. Any other ideas to make it work?!
Old January 18th, 2013 (02:01 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by patter View Post
Minidonn thanks for the quick response. I tried my boy but it just fails to load the game. I'm guessing the files are too compressed and the emulator can't run it. I have games that work but they are 15-30 megs! The IPA and ups files are like 2 megs. Any other ideas to make it work?!
The game needs to be patched. Be sure you're using a clean version of what the game is based on, then apply the hack using a patching utility. Then any GBA emulator should load your hacks just fine.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:12 AM).
minidonn

I think MyBoy only supports IPS patches at the moment (Not to sure on this) but it seems to be working for me, make sure you are using the correct ROM base and both have the exact same name. Also if they are compressed they need to be in the .rar or .zip with the ROM, do this by getting a file manager . Also try the ROM before you patch it, it could just be a bad ROM. Also what phone have you got? It could just be it can't handle patching it, in which case you will need a PC to patch it.
Old January 19th, 2013 (07:32 AM). Edited January 19th, 2013 by duskthedarkrai.
duskthedarkrai
Keeper of Nightmares

Nature: Relaxed
ok, i can't save eplorers of sky on desmume. save states work, but i can't use wonder mail or continue after beating dialga....please help

(update) ok, i got it to work on no$gba
(edit2) However i would still like to know what's up with desmume in case i have any problems with no$gba in the future.....
Old January 19th, 2013 (02:20 PM).
patter

I'm using a galaxy s3. Gameboid and myboy . I will try to patch it sometime and see if that helps!
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:12 PM).
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
Hello, I am trying to play Pokemon FireRed on the VisualBoyAdvance, but whenever I try to do so, the game tells me that the IBS Sub-Circuit Board is not installed or something to that effect. It's making it so I can't save my game. This wouldn't be an issue were it not for the fact that this means I can't do anything after beating the Elite Four. Is there any way to fix this?
Old January 20th, 2013 (12:39 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by duskthedarkrai View Post
ok, i can't save eplorers of sky on desmume. save states work, but i can't use wonder mail or continue after beating dialga....please help

(update) ok, i got it to work on no$gba
(edit2) However i would still like to know what's up with desmume in case i have any problems with no$gba in the future.....
You must be using wrong version of DeSmuME...
What surprises me that No$GBA actually started saving...
Anyways, DeSmuME works with PMD Sky correctly so there must be something wrong with your emulator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer Mask View Post
Hello, I am trying to play Pokemon FireRed on the VisualBoyAdvance, but whenever I try to do so, the game tells me that the IBS Sub-Circuit Board is not installed or something to that effect. It's making it so I can't save my game. This wouldn't be an issue were it not for the fact that this means I can't do anything after beating the Elite Four. Is there any way to fix this?
Do you have 128k Flash as Save Type and Real Time Clock enabled?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 20th, 2013 (07:29 AM). Edited January 20th, 2013 by duskthedarkrai.
duskthedarkrai
Keeper of Nightmares

Thanks, i'll try a different version and see what comes up

(edit) i just remembered, when i try to import a backup file it says that it can't determine a save size......figured i'd put this here in case it's part of the problem. Also, when i save it says it's completing the save, but when i look there's no save file.......again, just asking in case i have any problems from no$gba

(edit2) silly me....i should probably mention i'm using the newest version of desmume.....should i try with an older version?
Old January 20th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskthedarkrai View Post
(edit2) silly me....i should probably mention i'm using the newest version of desmume.....should i try with an older version?
0.9.8 has the best support for Sky... it's really weird it doesn't save...
Can you try different build of 0.9.8?

Old January 21st, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Do you have 128k Flash as Save Type and Real Time Clock enabled?
That worked! Thank you. I had a feeling it was something simple to that effect, but I couldn't for the life of me figure it out on my own.
Old January 21st, 2013 (07:35 AM).
duskthedarkrai
Keeper of Nightmares

I can try it if you think it'll help
Old February 1st, 2013 (12:10 PM). Edited February 1st, 2013 by Jim Boob.
Jim Boob
Freelance Mapper

Send a message via Skype™ to Jim Boob
Original post -
Spoiler:
I am having some issues moving tiles around. I have created a lot of maps on one tile set that I want to insert into a rom with a different tile set. So my logic is if i move the tiles in the second rom around so they are in the same places as there equivalent tiles were in the original rom I should be able to insert the map without distorting it to much.

However I think my method for doing this is wrong.
I go into A map >>> open the new rom >>> block editor >>> picture >>> save tile set 1.

Then I open tile set 1 in paint with the intention of moving the tiles around but when I open it up in paint half the tiles are just black.

Sorry I have always been awful with tiles
- Jim

I apologize for being a retard.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (10:35 AM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
So I'm trying to link 2 visualboy advance windows together to trade from gold to silver, they are both open at the same time and active, online tutorials say that I should go to the menu bar and choose "options > link", well I don't have that "link" choice, it's not there. HELP?!
Old February 2nd, 2013 (12:09 PM).
Jim Boob
Freelance Mapper

Send a message via Skype™ to Jim Boob
I had a similar problem and it was because I was running the wrong version of the emulator. There is one specially made for that.

Try this -
http://www.vbalink.info/
Old February 16th, 2013 (12:09 PM).
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
After enjoying several Gen III games/hacks on Visual Boy Advance, I've decided to give Gen IV a shot. My poor coordination (due to medical problems) makes using a console impossible, so I depend on emulators and ROM downloads.

Is a simpler NDS emulator (similar to VBA) available for Windows XP? WiNDS Pro is very difficult to download and install (let alone configure); DeSMuME for Windows is not much easier. If an alternative exists for solo-playing beginners, please let me know!

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old February 19th, 2013 (12:37 PM).
demondismon
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet
hey i was wondering is the a english version of the complete pokemon mystical version, if so where can i donwload the rom or ips for it?
Old February 19th, 2013 (02:00 PM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
I just played Snakewood on my PC & it was fine but when I tried playing it on Gpsp (emulator for PSP) it won't open, all I get is a white screen when I open the file.
I made an entry for it in the configuration file to make sure the flash type is 128K but it still won't work.
I'm sure it's not a problem in my emulator as it played the base ruby file I used and many other hacks from this forum without problems...

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated
Old February 23rd, 2013 (01:30 PM).
iDowngrade
Unhatched Egg

Help!, do someone know any program that can edit the attack images?, i really need to do that for my rom hack, please help!
Old February 27th, 2013 (10:59 PM). Edited February 27th, 2013 by dalekcaan1963.
dalekcaan1963
Unhatched Egg

How can I change the intro of the game? I want to make my own short animation to replace it (The game is Pokemon Emerald).
Old March 3rd, 2013 (04:11 AM).
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Hey, I got 2 questions concerning Advance Text(Rom is Firered BPRE):
1)Where do you find the beginning text with the Pikachu? I´ve looked everywhere but haven´t found it.
2)When I want to write longer dialogs than before it says something like I should repoint. Is this in any way dangerous/can I revert back or change it again then?
Thanks for any advice.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old March 3rd, 2013 (10:35 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingCharizard View Post
Hey, I got 2 questions concerning Advance Text(Rom is Firered BPRE):
1)Where do you find the beginning text with the Pikachu? I´ve looked everywhere but haven´t found it.
2)When I want to write longer dialogs than before it says something like I should repoint. Is this in any way dangerous/can I revert back or change it again then?
Thanks for any advice.
1) This intro text must be done by hex editing. There were tutorials, I remember doing this according to one.
2) You can repoint if you only have the sentence in one script, then there will be no problems, if the sentence is mapped onto more scripts it may be tricky... but overally, repointing does not do a harm.

Old March 5th, 2013 (10:14 PM).
Tournoiement

Nature: Careful
Hello, I'm playing Pokemon Heart Gold and everytime I fight and make my opponent's Pokemon faint, It freezes. It also freezes when I change my Shaymin to Sky Forme. I'm using No$Zoomer (This problem never happened when I used No$Gba but it Crashes randomly.

Moon Prism Power, Make up!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links