The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:30 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared

Advertise here
Quick question. When you start Challenge or Easy Mode, do you have to delete/reset your current file on Normal Mode?

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Quick question. When you start Challenge or Easy Mode, do you have to delete/reset your current file on Normal Mode?
Nope, you can actually switch the mode at any time.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old January 20th, 2013, 01:37 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Nope, you can actually switch the mode at any time.
Good, cause I'd hate to lose my current game just to play a harder version.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Panfisha
BIGGLYPUFF?

Nature: Relaxed
Are there are significant events after beating the elite four a second time?

Soul Silver FC: 0861-5428-7860
3DS FC: 2406-5518-5103

http://cypress85.deviantart.com/

Old January 20th, 2013, 12:38 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Nothing that I can recall. I think it is all unlocked after the first time.
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:44 PM
jessemkv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
You may also try to lower Dragonite's happiness to use the Salon.
How would I go on about doing that? That is what I was thinking but I am not sure how too.
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:45 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
How would I go on about doing that? That is what I was thinking but I am not sure how too.
Stuff like letting it faint, giving it bitter healing items like Energy Powder, Revival Herbs, etc.
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:52 PM
Panfisha
BIGGLYPUFF?

Nature: Relaxed
Is it possible to see white kyurem in black 2?

Soul Silver FC: 0861-5428-7860
3DS FC: 2406-5518-5103

http://cypress85.deviantart.com/

Old January 21st, 2013, 04:14 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfisha View Post
Is it possible to see white kyurem in black 2?
If you transfer a Reshiram after you caught both Zekrom and Kyurem, you can use the DNA Pins on Kyurem and Reshiram to get White Kyurem instead of Black Kyurem with Zekrom. Though you can only have 1 form of Kyurem (Black/White) in your party. If you try to use the DNA Pins again, it will defuse White Kyurem instead or fusing a second Kyurem with Zekrom.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
SilverKP
Unhatched Egg

Where can I restock on Heart Scales in the game?
They must be generated somewhere.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKP View Post
Your best bet is going to a house in Driftveil City and talk to a lady in there and if you show her a Pokemon knowing a certain TM or HM move, she'll give you a Heart Scale. This can be done once a day.

She's located in the building just north of the gate to the PWT.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
There is also a Funfest Mission called Memory Training or something where the prize is Heart Scales instead of Pass Orbs. You can get heaps as well. I got like 60 one time.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Quote:
They also respwan every day on the beaches so keep using the dowsing machine

To add to the poster higher up on this side: you cant restart the game and keep the keeps if you restart the keys will disapear as well

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730

Last edited by Kratosx; January 24th, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:29 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

Quick Question (please provide a how-to if possible):

I heard somewhere that you can upload your VS Recorder battle videos to a computer.
Is this possible? If so, How?
(Black 2)

Thanks In Advance

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 26th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Toko
Forest Dweller
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Hi,

I've played through White 2 and wonder whether the Shiny Charm is worth getting?
Is the difference when breeding for shinies noticeable, in comparison to the Masuda Method? I really don't want to waste a lot of time getting one shiny egg.
Also, do you have any tips for other things to do? I've got every badge, beat the elite 4 a couple of times, caught every legendary Pokemon.

Old January 26th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molamaxi View Post
Hi,

I've played through White 2 and wonder whether the Shiny Charm is worth getting?
Is the difference when breeding for shinies noticeable, in comparison to the Masuda Method? I really don't want to waste a lot of time getting one shiny egg.
Also, do you have any tips for other things to do? I've got every badge, beat the elite 4 a couple of times, caught every legendary Pokemon.
The Shiny Charm makes shiny encounters three times as likely. Normally the chance is 1 in 8,192 but with the Shiny Charm it goes up to 1 in 2,730 for wild encounters and 1 in 1,024 for breeding.

When breeding the Masuda Method it's a 1 in 1,366 probability so yeah the Shiny Charm difference pretty noticeable compared to the Masuda Method. It's worth getting if you can get every single Pokemon, and if you're in need of a certain Pokemon check out the Quick Trade Thread in Trade Corner where you're guaranteed to get what you need. Don't even bother about the GTS thanks to the stupid requests there.

And there's loads of things you can do in the post-game too, such as rematches against Colress, N, the Shadow Triad, Hugh and also if you used Memory Link with Black or White, Cheren and Bianca, in which they use their original B/W team based on what starter you chose in that game. There's also Cynthia who can be battled in Undella Town.

You can also take part in even more matches in the Pokemon World Tournament, and also do a tag battle with Cilan, Chili and Cress. You team up with one of the trio against the other two. New areas also open up and you can catch even more Pokemon, as well as transfer Pokemon from your 4th Gen games. There's also the White Treehollow challenge you can do.

Also, you can call Yancy/Curtis with the Dropped Item Xtransceiver sidequest and as a reward after 50 calls she/he will trade you a Pokemon every day, they are all at Level 50 and come with their Hidden Abilities.

Old January 26th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Starry Windy
Settle it! In... SMASH! Poyo!
Community Supporter

And you could also enter Pokestar Studios and Pokemon Musical too if you don't mind. And if you transfer keys from Black 2 (after you cleared Black Tower in that game), you could take on Black Tower in White 2 too!
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr

Last edited by Starry Windy; January 26th, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:34 AM
satotaku
Generation 1's last hope

How much of each generation is represented?
Old January 26th, 2013, 01:34 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

(Repost from up there, cause it was skipped )
Quick Question (please provide a how-to if possible):

I heard somewhere that you can upload your VS Recorder battle videos to a computer.
Is this possible? If so, How?
(Black 2)

Thanks In Advance

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM
megametalgreymon
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
So I'm planning on getting the special Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 copies at Walmart, but usually they run out of stock on a day that I can go there. So I was wondering: If one orders Pokemon Black and White 2 from the Walmart website will they be the special copies with the Dream World Sinnoh Starter codes?
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Nature: Lonely
I just captured a sandshrew today, timid nature, badass base attack and defense, horrible special!
Is there a place where I can buy the items equivalent to Iron and Protein for special anywhere?

My screenshot album
http://pinterest.com/darknesswithin/pokemon-games/
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post
I just captured a sandshrew today, timid nature, badass base attack and defense, horrible special!
Is there a place where I can buy the items equivalent to Iron and Protein for special anywhere?
You must be talking about the Calcium and Zinc, which are the special equivalents to the Protein and Iron respectively. You can buy them in Shopping Mall Nine on Route 9 (so around your 7th Badge) as well as the Battle Subway and Pokemon World Tournament, but you need to battle and win to earn BP to spend on them.

Also, Sandshrew's Special-based stats are terrible, so its best you focus on its Attack and Defense. Also, Timid nature lowers Attack and raises Speed which isn't that great since it's mainly a physical attacker.

Old January 26th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
You must be talking about the Calcium and Zinc, which are the special equivalents to the Protein and Iron respectively. You can buy them in Shopping Mall Nine on Route 9 (so around your 7th Badge) as well as the Battle Subway and Pokemon World Tournament, but you need to battle and win to earn BP to spend on them.

Also, Sandshrew's Special-based stats are terrible, so its best you focus on its Attack and Defense. Also, Timid nature lowers Attack and raises Speed which isn't that great since it's mainly a physical attacker.
Great. I had captured a sandshrew basically for my battle with the Nimbasa gym which uses electric types. I plan on boxing it after. Mine has now evolved to sandshrew which raise it's special significantly plus I have the TM rock tomb to teach and Dig to teach.

My screenshot album
http://pinterest.com/darknesswithin/pokemon-games/
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Replying to the bolded portion, the exact time you can get it is after the sixth badge (Mistralton) and the trip through Reversal Mountain. You can visit all of the areas from Routes 9 (closed at Tubeline Bridge) through 14 (closed at Black City/White Forest) and all towns in between (exempting Giant Chasm of course) after acquiring the sixth badge, which means anyone with money to burn can at this point visit Shopping Mall Nine before freezing over Opelucid City (which occurs after the seventh badge is obtained and you then visit Drayden at home; the cutscene begins while inside his home).

You can of course go to SMN after Opelucid is frozen as well, I just hate traversing around there with ice and pre-E4 only Fly there for Quick Balls.

If you want quick money, the Nimbasa repeatable battles and the Royal Unova are options (attach an Amulet Coin). Those vitamins cost 9,800 PD each.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 27th, 2013, 02:23 AM
megametalgreymon
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
So I want to get Black 2 and White 2 with the special Dream World Sinnoh starter code. I was wondering if Walmart is also selling the special copies on their website as well as in-store. Has anyone gotten one of those copies from ordering online, or can they only be purchased in-store only?

Sponsored Links

Advertise here