The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 18th, 2013, 09:29 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

It would make more sense to call it the "Axis Generation".

It has been confirmed that the X and Y has nothing to do with genetic but with the XY axis. ("Y" pokemon is in the air and the "X" pokemon is on the ground)

Which makes me think the 3rd game (if we get one) would be called "Origin" as in the origin point of the Y and X axis...

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old January 18th, 2013, 09:56 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
When was it confirmed that the names came from the x and y axis? I still like the genetic generation though. Nice alliteration.
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:11 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
When was it confirmed that the names came from the x and y axis? I still like the genetic generation though. Nice alliteration.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/co...l-be-a-serpent

Here's a link. I will admit however with this, I think my "Origin" theory is wrong.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Victini
¡¡sɯooɹɥs ♥

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Victini
I'll definitely be calling it the Axis generation, myself... ;w;

Reason being is because I immediately thought of the X and Y axis once I heard the names of the games.
Even if the axis has nothing to do with them, I'll probably still call it that. >w>;

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Heartouch
Count the stars between us

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
I think I'll call it Axis Generation because axis is based on X, Y (hence Pokemon X and Y is named) and Z.
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
I vote for this generation to be called the XtraordinarY Generation for the most obvious reasons.

Endofstory.

xD
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Hikamaru
ヒカマル

Nature: Quirky
I think they'll call it the Genetic Generation cos X and Y are well, genes.

Also, I think it suits it well.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old January 19th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly_dust View Post
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/co...l-be-a-serpent

Here's a link. I will admit however with this, I think my "Origin" theory is wrong.
I wouldn't call that confirmation, but just another theory amongst many that have been circling around. We don't know enough yet to determine what's going to be fact from speculation. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the games are more or less based around the different aspects of each of these theories. However, it's hard to dismiss the possible genetics plot when you've got a double helix located in the Japanese logo.

It could be called the Genectis Generation or the Axis Generation, but what if we don't get a "Z" like many are assuming? So many speculated that Grey would come after Black and White, and we all know what happened there. Also, if RS remakes are included in this generation as well, then that would be a factor in naming the overall generation too.
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
giradialkia

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I would have called it the Dimensional Generation (X axis, Y axis, Z axis. Obviously). But it's more likely that X and Y are based on genetics, as everyone seems to have agreed on. So I'm going to call it the Genetics Generation, that way I can shorten it to Gen Gen and be happy. ^_^

To be honest, though, I rarely refer to the generations by titles like that, I normally just refer to them numerically. But I'd be very pleased with Gen. Gen. :D

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
I vote for this generation to be called the XtraordinarY Generation for the most obvious reasons.

Endofstory.

xD
I know they won't go with that but I kind of really like that. It's like, R/S remakes could be included in that name too, because they really are... different/extraordinary, so while it doesn't really cover both completely, it still is a nice inclusive name!

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly_dust View Post
It has been confirmed that the X and Y has nothing to do with genetic but with the XY axis.
I wish people would stop saying "it has been confirmed" about things that are not in any way confirmed...

It's not even LIKELY that the XY has "nothing to do with genetic"s. The Japanese logo has a little double helix in it. Obviously it has something to do with DNA. There are even theories of Xerneas representing the nerve system and Yveltal representing muscle tissue.
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Scorpio219
PM me for custom banners

generation XY or biology related terms

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links