Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old January 18th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
An alternative way to play games would be on your iPhone/Android/Windows Phone. Some video games have sports games (FIFA, Madden) and games we've already seen on consoles (Final Fantasy, The Sims, Minecraft) that have phone/tablet versions where we can play on the go...which, I think it's quite convenient! However, those are a bit pricey but also worth it if you want the same experience as the console game.

Aside from that, there's also those games we've heard of before. Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Bowling, Temple Run, etc. These and other games I haven't mentioned yet have taken mobile gaming by storm. Whenever we're bored during a car/bus/plane ride and there's no wifi around, these games are sure to kill that boredom. We kinda, sorta treat them as console games, even though there's no console for that. xD

If you have any games installed on your smartphone/tablet, which games do you have? If not, what games do you wish to try out playing? What is your favorite smartphone/tablet game and why?
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:36 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I have a bunch of games that i dont really play that much on my phone.
My faves are:Zenonia
Doodlejump
Minecraft
Fieldrunners
Dead Space
Asphalt 7
Beats
Live BlackJack
My GBA & GB EMU

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I use emulators on my tablet because it sucks. I tried running Angry Birds on it... ...And it nearly died.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Some of my favorite games on my phone/tablet are:

- Plague, Inc.
- Predators
- Rebuild

All three are very well done and quite addictive. Especially Plague, Inc. Never had so much fun killing all humans! (Bender would be so proud )
Old January 20th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

I just recently cleaned my iPod Touch but I did have all the generic on-the-go games, like Angry Birds, Temple Run, Doodle Jump, Tiny Wings, etc., but I also really enjoy the larger-scale and serious RPG games like Final Fantasy and Chaos Rings for iOS. But in my opinion, the Touch/iPhone's engine is so weak that these games can take quite a big chunk of your handheld's memory (and, in my case, the games lag)...

Actually, if for example, the Chaos Rings series was on a home console then the games would be MUCH bigger and MUCH better executed. But the lag, tiny screen, horrible battery life, and probably lots of other stuff can turn me off about playing them, unfortunately.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here