The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
To me, I think it just seems sudden because BW2 was released internationally 3 months ago. But then I remember we still have about 10 months to wait. The announcement itself seems early, if anything.

I think it's perfect timing, for I'll be playing Gen 6 right when I'm finished with BW2!

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
I thought that it was soon, ad this caught me by surprise but I am happy for its release. I think that GameFreak knows what it is doing, and I think that the game will have as good, if not better the quality of its predecessors.
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:56 PM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
I have to admit I'm surprised by the sudden release of this generation, and I'm a little worried that the games are going to be rushed as a result. I do feel that they need more time to develop the games than what they're giving themselves for them to be of good quality, so I'm concerned that X and Y might take the annoying "style over substance" approach and be all pretty graphics and nothing else, like about 90% of console games these days.

Although I'm not really prepared to categorically say it's too soon for this generation until I have the game in my hands and I've seen what they've done with it. If the main game is shorter, or they've cut content (i.e. not being able to completely fill your Pokedex, or a smaller region, etc) then I'll say whether or not it was too soon for this generation. The gap between Gen I and Gen II was quite short, and to be honest I think 2 games set in Unova was 1 too many, so I'm eager to move on from that. I just hope they do a good job with it. If they do, it wasn't too soon for it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links