The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
MrGriszell
Madara

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I heard that the 3DS cartridge wasn't as easy to hack as the DS .
So this would mean any unreleased pokemon will actually be a surprise to us when it's released, unlike today where we know every possible part of the game before it comes out.

If this true how do you guys feel about this?
Old January 8th, 2013 (01:46 PM).
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
The 3DS uses a similar data structure to the regular DS. If there are 2D images of the Pokemon used anywhere in the game, you can bet we'll be able to open that easily just by sifting through.

However, depending on how the models are done, we may not be able to view them correctly for quite some time. If there are no 2D images of the Pokemon, we'll have names/movesets/basestats but no picture. So yes and no? We'll know what the unreleased Pokemon are capable of, but not what they look like.

That is of course speaking from our current knowledge of the 3DS. We'll likely come a long way by October.
Old January 8th, 2013 (03:26 PM).
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

3DS roms are rippable, but not playable. We'd be able to pick up the info from that.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old January 8th, 2013 (03:29 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Everyone seems to be encrypting 3DS data these days though. It might at least take the hackers a while to figure out the data structure for the Pokémon in these games, and even then we might not even have pictures to show off because there's little doubt that everything is going to be a 3D model.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 9th, 2013 (01:26 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

Forget the fact that it's a 3DS game, the main reason Pokémon information like that was leaking was because it was released in Japan, what? Six or seven months before the rest of the world? This time it'll be an international release, so we won't really have to worry about unreleased Pokémon being flooded onto the internet.
Old January 9th, 2013 (01:56 AM).
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
lol,
of course we can,
just look at the trailer,
If u guys aren't suprised,keep watching the trailer until u're suprised.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 9th, 2013 (03:13 AM).
☆aqua☆
Ace Trainer!! :p

Nature: Sassy
I can't wait to see what hacks will look like, tbh. I don't know much about hacking, but I'm guessing it might be hard (or I'm completely wrong lol).
Old January 9th, 2013 (03:22 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
^ I don't have the greatest knowledge either, but I don't think back will be possible for a long, long time. Anyway, it's a world wide release people! I don't think Ninty and Gamefreak are going to let any information slip, so I'm sure we'll get a few surprises!
Old January 9th, 2013 (03:22 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
If the games are released everywhere within the same month, it's much easier to avoid spoilers..

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:12 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Oh boy... Nintendo 3DS has not even been hacked in any way. It's not even possible to rip ROMs without knowing how to construct a device that can extract data from the Game Card itself. Even if you look at 3dbrew website, with all that stuff... they still don't have the tools necessary to do Homebrew yet. It'll probably take until 2016 before someone manages to figure out a way to Homebrew on the 3DS and rip the ROMs.

If only if there was someone that knows about electronic engineering, then maybe they would be able to finally develop a tool to create something that allows hacking the Nintendo 3DS ROMs.

But the way I see it right now, I'm afraid yes... unfortunately all event Pokémon will be a surprise, 'cause we don't know anything about them and we'll be unable to uncover them before TPC does. :(

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013 (08:25 AM).
Air Lock
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

We probably will be surprised, but we have a 9 - 10 month wait, someone just might find out how to extract roms from 3DS Cards and break the encrpytion. Even then, since just about everything is 3D we probably won't find anything in the Pokemon department. Probably names, movesets, basestats, etc. and it's Pokemon icon (that's the only thing I would think would be a sprite.) However, considering that GF is releasing everything at the same time, we'll probably have to be surprised.
#386 Rayquaza
The Sky High Pokémon

"A Pokémon that flies endlessly in the ozone layer. It is said it would descend to the ground if and
were to fight."

Theme bystuffstuffstuffstuffstuff

Old January 9th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
It will be very difficult for people to get into the ROMs of these games due to encryption and there's not a lot understood about how 3DS games work. I'm sure there will be a LOT of work on the subject, but it might just be that will be surprised.
Old January 10th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
Correspondence

Yeah, I think the event only pokemon will be a surprise since the 3DS ROMs can't be hacked into fully.Someone somewhere will be able to hack into them someday but it might be a long time from now maybe 2016-ish or even more and by that time it will have already been revealed and there will be a new generations already.
Old January 10th, 2013 (10:45 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Forget the fact that it's a 3DS game, the main reason Pokémon information like that was leaking was because it was released in Japan, what? Six or seven months before the rest of the world? This time it'll be an international release, so we won't really have to worry about unreleased Pokémon being flooded onto the internet.
I believe the reference is to event Pokemon, because we usually know about event Pokemon the second the game is released due to looking at the code, but it might be more difficult for a 3DS game and then when they finally announce it, it'll be an actual surprise as opposed to "Omg they finally revealed Genesect".

I hope they are a surprise though! That's how they're meant to be; to keep the excitement of the game going long after the game has been released. Instead they're just boring events because we knew about the events for months and months and were just waiting for them to be released.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old January 10th, 2013 (10:51 AM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I hope it can't be hacked, then we can experience it all without people spoiling, unless its something that can't be unlocked anyway like Arceus or the God Stone xD
Old January 20th, 2013 (09:39 PM).
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

It's possible, but hacking this game will be a lot harder than previous Pokemon games. I think that with the 3D, it's harder than hacking with 2D. I think that the games might be essentially the same, but that the graphics il be a lot different.
Old January 20th, 2013 (11:15 PM).
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
If someone can make it, someone else can take it apart again. I highly doubt anything that is supposed to be a secret on these games will remain secret for very long. The global release date at least ensures some element of surprise for most of us, because there will be no earlier released Japanese version for news sites to cover first in depth, but as for keeping things hidden...good luck with that.

Of course, the best way to be surprised by these things is to not read the news. xD
Old January 21st, 2013 (01:34 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I hope they're a surprise as well. We might not know how many Pokémon there actually is for years!
Old January 23rd, 2013 (02:17 AM).
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Oh, this will be great! I always love a surprise. It just makes the mystery the much more great.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 23rd, 2013 (08:09 AM).
wygar
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I hope they're a surprise as well. We might not know how many Pokémon there actually is for years!

well, saying "for years" might be a bit of a stretch lol
other than that, i completely agree.

it's definitely much better to have topics about ppl having fun and sharing even the smallest details they could find about the games than having ppl constantly complaining about *insert event here* not being out yet or others saying "trollfreak" are trolls because they never used the god stone that they (the players) were never meant to know about in the first place.

that being said, i'm really excited about the new games and the only thing i don't like about them is the fact that i still have to wait so many months until they're released =P
Old January 26th, 2013 (11:59 PM).
Arco!
Experienced Arcanine Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Arco!
I really hope we are surprised. Every gen after Gold/Silver/Crystal (I was pretty young around R/B/Y and G/S/C) I have researched basically EVERY single little detail about the games before they came out because the games are always normally out in Japan months ahead and I can't stop myself..
Although this this time since it is a worldwide release I am hoping this isn't the case because It would be awesome that everyone is discovering the secrets and getting suprised together and experiencing the game at the same time as everyone else. This will make the games much more enjoyable for everyone in my opinion ..
Old January 27th, 2013 (12:21 AM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
The issue with the 3DS is anti-piracy technology. The format hasn't been cracked yet as well. We'll get there, though. Even Starforce which was a pain to crack was eventually cracked, although it was when people had already lost all interest in Starforce-protected games, and after most publishers moved away from Starforce due to the potential harm it caused to people's PCs.

The fact it's 3D has nothing to do with cracking difficulty. The N64 was full 3D and was cracked.

It seems that, with the 3DS, Nintendo are really trying to make life difficult for hackers. Cheap flashcarts are permanently blocked. 3DS roms still aren't available (I'm sure they exist but they're useless right now). Heck, when Ruby and Sapphire were released I was playing the US version of Ruby on VBA almost on day one since release. Meanwhile, X and Y will come out in September(?) this year and you can bet there will be no 3DS emulators nor flashcarts on the day of their release.

I think the best way Nintendo can fight piracy is to make X and Y available as digital downloads through their store. Of course many people prefer boxed but a Steam-like service is one of the most efficient ways to fight piracy. It would kill flashcarts and put a huge dent on emulator play. Emulators as means of piracy are already unfavored because you can't access Wi-Fi with Desmume which is the best one available. Actually you can, with an obscure build, but from what I heard the Pokémon servers already block it. The idea of providing a complete service in one digital package would make people flock to Nintendo's shop and shy away from emulators and flashcarts.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old January 27th, 2013 (03:58 AM).
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Emulators as means of piracy are already unfavored because you can't access Wi-Fi with Desmume which is the best one available. Actually you can, with an obscure build, but from what I heard the Pokémon servers already block it. .
No they dont , appart from the union room , everything works including dream world

Old January 27th, 2013 (07:09 PM).
Superfox

I don't know about the gameplay, but I definitely want some of the info to be leaked. At the very least, a few of the new pokémon as well as the starter evolutions. I always like it that way so I can plan out part of my party in advance.
Old January 28th, 2013 (05:04 PM).
AfewQuestions
Unhatched Egg

I would love it if I could play pokemon on my computer legally, through Steam for example, mainly because I don't like little screens.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links