• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Is this one fake?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
So I read the sticky, and I think this is a fake card based on that.... am I right?

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I took this image straight from bulbapedia
Spoiler:

The card seems legit so far.
Usually you can tell more about fake Pokemon cards from the design on the back with the Poke-ball, rather than just the front image alone unless it's obviously fake.
In Platinum they had +10 through to 30 in weakness instead of double damage. They went back to double damage weakness when black and white sets were released.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
I took this image straight from bulbapedia

The card seems legit so far.
Usually you can tell more about fake Pokemon cards from the design on the back with the Poke-ball, rather than just the front image alone unless it's obviously fake.
In Platinum they had +10 through to 30 in weakness instead of double damage. They went back to double damage weakness when black and white sets were released.

Look at the e in the Pokemon text under the attacks, its not lined up like it is in the one you posted.

Years
Also, that "e" used is a giveaway, same with the HP font used, and most of the fonts in general. Also notice that the metal energy symbol in its resistance doesn't pop out like an energy symbol should. The symbol touches the edges of its circle, and 99% of the time, the symbol within the circle doesn't do that because the symbol should look like it's printed in 3D.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Still wondering why anyone would fake THIS card? Its not worth anything, and it is not exactly a super-cool pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
They fake crap cards too, as they sell them in fake booster packs, would seem a bit fishy if booster pack contained EX's and etc every time..

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
aaaaw! I don't think they need to bin it!!
I think it'd just be an awesome novelty card to have :D

It's quirky!

Maybe I will sell it on ebay and list it as "a quaint quirky card" as evaluated by the experts on The PokéCommunity Forums. :D

Back