The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Advertise here

Old January 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
When you decide to make a new team, how do you begin? Do you make a general theme for your teams? What kind of pokemon teams do you perfer? (eg. Weather, Balanced, Stall) Maybe you made a certain pokemon to be your set 'mvp?' How do you choose your items fitting each situation? Is team building your strong suit? Do you try and tackle each competitive threat? Or, do you generally stick to your team's strategy?

Feel free to discuss!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
I don't make that many teams(in fact I've only made about two) because I like having one really good team I use all the time(the two I made were decent). If I were to make a new one, the first thing would be identifying what kind of team it is(stall balanced ho etc). Then it would be finding the right pokes and cores for the job and make a "draft" of your team and play with it. Adjust the team depending in what worked and what didn't. Then you should have a pretty good team :]
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:29 AM
ClumzyTrainR13
Storm Caster

I actually just began my first pokemon "team" quite recently, EV trained and all, and I actualy found it very challenging. Although the reward was worth it, because now I have a team that beats my friend every time, resulting in ultimate bragging wrights :D

Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Old January 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

I have one team with a common theme: an all Eeveelution Team. (rhymes right?)

Other than that, I look at usefulness ingame and online, mainly concerning stats and the like, then even I go for looks. Making a new team is fun, but I always keep a few pokemon that have always worked for me in the party.

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:21 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I plan to have a nice mix of defensive walls and offensive sweepers so that way I don't lean too much towards one battling style, but basically I tend to just find Pokemon that work well together and then make a team and try them out.

So yeah, I'm basically mixed in terms of strategies. I sometimes use set-up moves if required or a move that abuses a Pokemon's ability well.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here