The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
That does seem to be the case doesn't it? Ever since her arrival in Diamond and Pearl, Cynthia has so far made an appearance in every game since. I can't say I would be surprised if she shows up in X and Y too.
I wonder where she could be though? Does she have another villa? @___@;; Well, she does strike me as the rich type.. xD

Though, that's kind of interesting though; we've seen Cynthia a lot, and she can have the potiental to be in this game... I wonder why?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I wonder where she could be though? Does she have another villa? @___@;; Well, she does strike me as the rich type.. xD

Though, that's kind of interesting though; we've seen Cynthia a lot, and she can have the potiental to be in this game... I wonder why?
Cynthia showing up in <insert new region name here> with another villa would seem too recycled in my opinion. Especially considering it was done in the generation preceding X and Y. I would hope that if they do bring her back again, then she somehow has something to do with the history of the region since she's into that kind of thing. Then maybe post-game we can find her in a certain location and have a battle with her.

Truth be told, I feel like they've made as much use of Cynthia as they could for the past two generations to the point where her era should end alongside the DS systems.
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:40 AM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Youngster joey!

Just pure classic

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
Youngster joey!

Just pure classic
I kind of don't think he will. I mean there was another guy named by that in Unova iirc, so the actual original didn't return, and these aren't comparable to generation one, unlike the Unova games, so chances are he won't be travelling that far. XD;
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:05 AM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
In gsc, there was a rocket grunt who was implied to be from a foreign land. That grunt later could be found with a family in black and white. Fantina is another individual who is supposed to be foreign, and french at that. Given the clear European influences in X and Y, I would be unsurprised to see her make an appearance in these games, as she may be originally from the new region. Anyone else think this is a possibility?

(sorry for any errors, I'm typing this out on my phone. I'll fix anything when I get home)
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Chrisaur

Nature: Modest
Cameo appearances :
Jessie and James It's 3DS, I believe they can make a super cool cut scene showing Team Rocket doing their old motto .
Prof Oak
Brock and Misty
It's time to bring in some BIG nostalgic moments for us.

And then, what about a father figure instead of a mother always jumping for joy when you're running down the stairs ? And then you're father can be ........maybe one of the previous professors...Elm maybe ?)
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:18 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisaur View Post
Cameo appearances :
Jessie and James :) It's 3DS, I believe they can make a super cool cut scene showing Team Rocket doing their old motto .
Prof Oak
Brock and Misty
It's time to bring in some BIG nostalgic moments for us.

And then, what about a father figure instead of a mother always jumping for joy when you're running down the stairs ? And then you're father can be ........maybe one of the previous professors...Elm maybe ?)
Cameo appearances in Pokémon X and Y from the anime would be so cool. Especially since we haven't had anything like this since the days of Pokémon Yellow/Pikachu Version.

Maybe a cameo appearance of Paul and Trip would be nice as well, considering they're exclusive to the anime. :P

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
lineofdeath

That cowgirl/rancher with 6 bidoof.

I will sue gamefreak if they don't inckude youngstr joey

peace is key...

..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Please, no. Cynthia has had her fair share of games (Platinum, HGSS, BW, and B2W2). It's time for her to move along and let someone else have the spotlight.
There can never be enough Cynthia!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
lineofdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
There can never be enough Cynthia!
There can never be enough lance.

Seriously I love that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Cameo appearances in Pokémon X and Y from the anime would be so cool. Especially since we haven't had anything like this since the days of Pokémon Yellow/Pikachu Version.

Maybe a cameo appearance of Paul and Trip would be nice as well, considering they're exclusive to the anime.
It would be so neat to see them in 3d.

Sorry I cannot multiquote.

peace is key...

Last edited by lineofdeath; January 22nd, 2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think I just find it hard to adapt to change. When she popped up in HGSS it was just "Ooh, what a pleasant surprise!" but now that I'm so used to seeing Cynthia all over the shop, I'm more like "OH MY GOD WHAT IF SHE'S NOT INCLUDED IN XY?!?!". If she's not involved in Gen VI I assume I'll get over it, and she probably will eventually wear out her welcome (even for me) if she continues to appear, but it is nice to see her pop up (for now at least).

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
That cowgirl/rancher with 6 bidoof.

I will sue gamefreak if they don't inckude youngstr joey
The region is probably based on France so his name would be Youngster Jacques. /brick'd
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sirius
Wrong Thread.

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
The region is probably based on France so his name would be Youngster Jacques. /brick'd
He shall be named Garçon Pierre.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hederbomb

Nature: Bold
I want ti see silver. If i remember correctly he said he went far away somewhere. Perhaps he went to France? If that didn't happen I want to see red for sure. When was the last time we saw that bada** in a game?

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i want to see the me from the original black. they never really explained where he went in black 2 and this seems like a place he would go.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post

Maybe a cameo appearance of Paul and Trip would be nice as well, considering they're exclusive to the anime. :P
As much as I would like for something like this to take place, the games and the anime are not canon to one another; pardon Pokémon Yellow which only had very subtle similarities to the anime. I don't think it's likely that we'll be seeing cameo appearances from anime characters other than the usual gym leaders, possible female protagonist, and other major characters the anime decides to use.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Well in B2W2, they've made a DLC where you can download anime trainers for the PWT. It features game representations of Trip, Stephan, Kotetsu and Virgil. So, they could pull that again, but... eh, as anime representations, they'd be most likely be battle bots.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
I'd love to see Looker again, also would love Giovanni, Silver, Colress and Hilbert, even better if they were crucial to the story!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Since Gold and Silver I have longed for cameos from past characters. Due to the 100% lack of them in RS I was just desperate for some references to old games.

Obviously that's changed in recent generations, especially regarding B2W2.

I'd love to see a few appearances from older characters, but only if they make sense, really. Jasmine appearing in DPPt was nice, and of course it was a little hint towards a GS remake, but..
Why Jasmine? I mean it didn't make me think 'They are DEFINITELY' making remakes, it made me think 'Am I going to be able to battle her? What else will she be doing?' The answers being 'Nope' and 'Nothing'.
The PWT is awesome, but not really a good basis for cameos since they're literally there to be battled, nothing more.

As some people have mentioned, I kinda hope Cynthia DOESN'T make a cameo. She's awesome and amazing and cool, sure, but I've had enough of her now, and want to see a few RS characters, maybe even go back to Kanto characters (which are pretty much covered from HGSS, sure, but.. yeah).
Seeing Steven again might be cool, or maybe even Wally or someone. He was a character with a set team and role, so it's not like they'd have much ambiguity to cover.

I guess I'll have to wait and see!

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:53 PM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
A hero from previous games:
Seeing Gold or Silver, would actaully be great to see, they could show us how they've changed during the games, maybe they changed their look, or changed their apprearance, but it would be great to see this actually happen in the coming X/Y Games.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
lineofdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
He shall be named Garçon Pierre.
He will be joey.
Hey does anybody know gamefreaksadress for emails. I just wanna remind them about joey.

peace is key...

Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urugamosu View Post
A hero from previous games:
Seeing Gold or Silver, would actaully be great to see, they could show us how they've changed during the games, maybe they changed their look, or changed their apprearance, but it would be great to see this actually happen in the coming X/Y Games.
There's actually a lot of potential with bringing Silver in for a cameo beyond witnessing his new maturity since GSC/HGSS. He could not only tell us about his long time rival (us, obviously), but also about Team Rocket and whatever really happened to his father, Giovanni, after that scene in the cave from the Celebi event.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Clemstar

All this talk about Champions returning... Wouldn't it be amazing if the game was a prequel and one of the champions were your rival?
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
piefara
human

cyrus he never came back nether did mars or jupiter
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemstar View Post
All this talk about Champions returning... Wouldn't it be amazing if the game was a prequel and one of the champions were your rival?
That'd be awesome, yeah, but I think that'd mean chances are you won't see any other past characters, given that I figure not many others would've grown up with each other really. :x
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here