The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old January 13th, 2013, 06:52 PM
VeganMacAndCheese
Togepi

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to VeganMacAndCheese
Intro

This roleplay is a crossover between the Hunger Games and Pokemon. Essentially, your character will be participating in the Hunger Games, but rather than being able to grab weapons or other survival tools at the start, they can grab Pokeballs. What Pokemon is inside? You'll have to find out later.

Plot
Spoiler:
I'm assuming, if you entered this thread, you're somewhat familiar with the Hunger Games plot. If not, here's a rundown anyway, and a refresher if you need it. :3
Essentially, the despotic government has split the country of Panem up into twelve districts, and to keep the districts divided and afraid, hosts a competition once a year called the Hunger Games. From each of the twelve districts, one male tribute and one female tribute between the ages of 12 and 18 are chosen by random drawing. Then, the tributes are taken to an arena, controlled by the Capitol, and are forced to fight to the death until only one remains. The winner would be showered in riches, but the rest are... obviously... dead.
In the beginning, the tributes get stylists, and go on interviews, and such, to win sponsors who will later send them survival supplies as they are competing in the games. But, we'll skip that part, because I have a feeling roleplaying all of that out will make people impatient and make the roleplay die before we get to the fun parts....
What is key here is that everyone starts from a small platform, that they can only step off of once the countdown finishes. If they step off early, they just get blown up. And, surrounding the start, there are weapons for killing the other tributes, and survival supplies to keep yourself alive. There is usually a massive bloodbath here at the start where the tributes kill each other over best supplies, though some tributes choose to avoid the bloodbath and just leave with no supplies.
However, in this roleplay, the supplies are 24 Pokeballs, each with a Pokemon inside. This means that if it worked out the way it was supposed to, one tribute would have one Pokemon. Surely, though, the stronger/faster tributes will make out with multiple Pokemon, and the weaker/slower may end up with none, unless they can scheme a way to take someone else's later on... That said, the tributes can use their Pokemon any way they can think of. Battle it out with other tributes, and the winner uses their Pokemon to kill the loser. Water Pokemon can be a source of drinking water, grass types can provide food, et cetera. If worst comes to worse, kill and eat your own Pokemon, but know that leaves you essentially unarmed. Unless a sponsor smiles upon you, and another Pokeball gets dropped in for you to find... but you've got to be a likable tribute for that to happen.

Rules
Spoiler:
1) The rating is M, so violence can get... well, violent. People will die. Pokemon will die, and possibly be eaten. Heck, even people can be eaten, but that usually doesn't earn you sponsors. :3
2) That said, don't let it get super duper duper graphic, or super duper sexual. Characters can have fade-to-black moments, but obviously black must be faded to.
3) Basic rules apply: good grammar, no bunnying. That stuff.
4) Posts of 100-500 words sound good? Decent length, but no wall-o-texts.
5) I'm not making any characters that will be competing, instead I'll be the... President Snow and Seneca Crane of the competition, if you will. I'll make posts describing where the food is located, what obstacles are programmed in and when they appear, who gets what Pokemon, and when sponsors send things in. But I wouldn't also have a character compete, because that just wouldn't be fair now would it?
6) Speaking of characters, you each make 2, one male and one female. They can be from the same district, or 2 different districts, but I doubt I can find 24 whole people to fill my humble little roleplay, so everyone make two characters.
7) If your characters both die, you're not out of the RP for good. Join me in an OOC thread as a gamemaker that helps decide what challenges should be presented to those remaining. :D
8) I think that's about all the rules I can think of.

Spoiler:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
District:
Skills:
Training Score (Out of 12):
Other:

Spots Taken
Spoiler:
District 1 - Luxury
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 2 - Masonry
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 3 - Technology
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 4 - Fishing
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 5 - Power
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 6 - Transportation
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 7 - Lumber
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 8 - Textiles
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 9 - Grain
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 10 - Livestock
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 11 - Agriculture
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

District 12 - Mining
Male tribute -
Female tribute -

Available Pokemon
Spoiler:
The following twenty-four Pokemon are inside the Pokeballs at the Cornucopia. The Pokemon are meant to symbolize the Districts in some way, and there is a "fair" mix of weak and strong...
- Gible
- Deino
- Larvitar
- Rhyhorn
- Klink
- Magnemite
- Magikarp
- Feebas
- Pikachu
- Emolga
- Pidgey
- Hoothoot
- Snover
- Bonsly
- Ralts
- Gothita
- Caterpie
- Weedle
- Tauros
- Miltank
- Cottonee
- Petilil
- Geodude
- Roggenrola
More are possible if you know how to get sponsors. :3

May the odds be ever in your favor!
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:32 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
Name: Livy
Appearance: Livy is a short boy with short black hair. He generally wears black as well.
Personality: Livy is a shy boy but has a lot of endurance. He prioritises Pokémon safety over his own and abuses the rules to his advantage. He is also the younger brother of Skaia (read below).
District: 6
Skills: He can run very fast but has a medium amount of stamina. He is very good at camouflage and has a great memory.
Training Score (Out of 12): 7
Other: He would only kill if has no other option. He often thinks about the morality of the Games.

Name: Skaia
Appearance: Skaia looks quite similar to Rosa from Pokémon Black and White 2 except she (Skaia) is taller and has blue eyes.
Personality: She makes allies easily and prefers to stick to groups rather than being solitary. She is very fit.
District: 6
Skills: She runs slower than her brother but has more stamina. She can outrun him but he can hide unlike her who uses her feminity as a means of power
Training Score (Out of 12): 10
Other: She looks out for her brother and would sacrifice herself for him.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Last edited by jov0006; January 18th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:55 PM
ShadowMirror
Ready for the Battle

Nature: Quirky
Name: Woody
Appearance: He looks like woody from Toy Story, just human sized
Personality: Devious
District: 3
Skills: Speed and Hight
Training Score (Out of 12): 8
Other: he dosent have a whip or anything

Name: Jessie
Appearance: looks like Jessie from Toy Story, Just human sized
Personality: Kind, Jelous
Skills: Hiding, Speed
Other: she dosent have a whip or anything

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:20 AM
VeganMacAndCheese
Togepi

Blah. I was hoping people would fill out their character sheets in full sentences and stoof. D: I should have said that.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:43 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
Well, its a burden on a phone so considering you didnt specify i was like: 'why not?'. I can change it if you want me to though.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old January 18th, 2013, 04:15 PM
VeganMacAndCheese
Togepi

Ok, next time I'll specify, sowwies D: Yeah a redo would be win
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
ShadowMirror
Ready for the Battle

here is my redo

Name: Woody
Appearance: He looks like woody from Toy Story, just human sized, he isnt made of materials, he just looks like it, he is pretty tall, and has some muscles but not enough to change his body shape.
Personality: Devious, he is very good at coming up with plans, traps and anything that could be used to his advantage, he is very good at manipulating peoples minds, so that they will like him or do anything for him. he has had practise in trap making because his district is about technology.
Skills: Speed and Hight, he has been testing tredmills for years and has gained a large amount of speed making his one of the fastest in his district. he has also had practise with ming manipulation.
Training Score (Out of 12): 8
Other: he dosent have a whip or anything, he just looks like woody, he can be friendly but only when he really cares about the person.

Name: Jessie
Appearance: looks like Jessie from Toy Story, Just human sized, she isnt made of materials, she just looks like it, she is pretty tall too, she has long legs which help her with her speed, she has a devious look on her face at all times. she also has a friendly arura
Personality: Kind, Jelous, she likes to be kind to every one that she meets, humans and animals, she isnt one to kill anyone, although she is kind she is the jelous type, when someone or something makes her jelous she turns red with anger.
Skills: Hiding, Speed, like woody jessie had been testing tredmills for years and has gained a large amount of speed, though she is fast her main skill is finding a place to hide, she has excellent camaflage skills and also the ability to use materials (leaves, branches, wood, grass, rocks, water, snow, dirt) to build huts and hiding places.
Other: she dosent have a whip or anything she just looks like like jessie, she also has an agile body

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:29 AM
ShadowMirror
Ready for the Battle

What happened to this are we gonna do it

Old March 5th, 2013, 03:43 AM
ShadowMirror
Ready for the Battle

im gonna take that as a no

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links