• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Rollerskates??

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
No more bikes

In the last Pokémon games we were given bikes. From the looks of it, we might be getting roller skates now. What do you guys think of this?

As much as I'm gonna miss having a bike, I think it's pretty good to shake things up now and then. Also, it's probably harder to make a bike in that graphics style since there's no more sprites.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
It will be great having skates than a bike. As much as i like the bike, something new will be fun and exciting

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I don't know...just because we saw skates doesn't necessarily mean bikes are out of the picture.

I'm gonna wait on this one.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
what if the skates are actually a replacement for the running shoes?

This is what I came here to say. Skates are kwl and stuff but I don't think there's any evidence that they're a replacement for bikes just yet. If they are then I'm pleased, though - I was never a huge fan of the bikes and skating would be more fun.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Roller skates is a nice concept~ Though it looks like, from the trailer, your character can still run sooo maybe there won't be a huge difference? Maybe there will be an option to switch your transportation throughout the game - from different styles of roller skates, to bicycles, to maybe... running shoes or scooters?

blue

gucci
Years
Really supporting this Roller Skate transportation, I'm tired of relying on the Bicycle to get me around the region at a fast pace.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think there's a chance, like in RSE with the Mach Bike vs Acro Bike, where the bike and rollerblades may be used to cross over specific obstacles respectively. That, or perhaps they've finally decided to do away with the running shoes and make running a default feature while having the rollerblades as a medium to moving around at a faster pace until we retrieve the bike.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I think there's a chance, like in RSE with the Mach Bike vs Acro Bike, where the bike and rollerblades may be used to cross over specific obstacles respectively. That, or perhaps they've finally decided to do away with the running shoes and make running a default feature while having the rollerblades as a medium to moving around at a faster pace until we retrieve the bike.

That's what I wish to happen. So the running shoes are still needed. Maybe even ice-skates for ice?

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm really crossing my fingers that we can run at the start of the game without any instructions on how to run. Those instructions always take away so much from being immersed in the game (PRESS B AND YOU'RE ZOOMING!!, and things similar to that). It's like, oh, it's just a game and suddenly a character in it is talking to me instead of my character. It just seems so unnatural.

I lol'd so hard at this.

Anyways, I think rollerskates would be great idea! But there's a catch; you can't rollerskate in snow. Or can you? Idk, I've never seen snow. Perhaps there will also be a snowboard?

Back