The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.


View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Hoenn Remake 139 92.67%
Kanto Remake 11 7.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:53 AM
Autumn Reverie's Avatar
Autumn Reverie
The world bores you when you're cool.
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Modest
A remake of Hoenn, PLEASE!! All the other versions have gotten their own remake but not poor Hoenn. I would love to see it all spruced up in glamorous 3D graphics with loads of awesome features that generally appear with a remake. Don't forget, all the other Pokemon from the previous recent games might be included, not only the original RSE batch! If they do remake Kanto again though, I might consider trying it out for the sake of it.
__________________
- ✰ - - - - -
Reply With Quote
  #77    
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:54 AM
Kouzan's Avatar
Kouzan
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
Hoenn definitely. I feel like Kanto is overdone since I've visited it 7 times and don't want to visit it again. 2 remakes of the region is enough. Gen 3 were my favorite games with Hoenn being my favorite region. It's so beautiful and looking at the graphics in X and Y so far, I think the region will look even more beautiful in 3D and one the 3DS. So if they do remake them, I think they deserve to be on the 3DS.Though if they remake Kanto in the future with cool 3D graphics, I'd still buy it.
__________________

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:11 AM
FluffyChickon's Avatar
FluffyChickon
A Chick-on of Fluffy
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia some where
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Hoenn because diving was awesome/ team aqua and magma where the nes time a new bad guys where introduced/ a double battle gym leader !! / the only starters that gave me a hard decision / and windgull (forgot how to spell it) was an amazing useful people is evoluted form could surf fly waterfall and dive! Kanto was where it's at but yer if been done 4 times. But I would like to see a 3D perspective of kanto

I'm still waiting on a game where you start at kanto and go all the way up to unova but I guess the leveling would be out of wack and I problable give up be cause the 5 gen is poo.
__________________

Fluffy Chickon a Dark
type expert appeared!!

Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:13 AM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Hoenn for god's sake! I want to see Hoenn get a proper remake in 3D and I've gotten sick of Kanto tbh. Hoenn is a region not yet rendered in 3D so this is something I want them to do after X & Y.
__________________


Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:25 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-'s Avatar
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth,use common sense.
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Oh for crying out loud!
Bring us a hoenn remake!Game Freak!
Hoenn will always be the best to me!
(as well as Unova!)
__________________

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:42 AM
piefara's Avatar
piefara
human
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Gender: Male
hoenn every single one of my favourite pokemon live in hoenn
__________________
so far (may change)
Reply With Quote
  #82    
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:42 AM
wygar
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
ppl should stop saying kanto had too many remakes. it didn't.
had one, period.
nobody ever considered g/s a kanto remake so hg/ss are kanto remakes just as much as the original games were.
if you guys want to make a point at least find a valid one.

but still, I agree that IF gf decides to bring more remakes to the table, r/s should be first.

now, for the "conflicting" story all they would have to do if they absolutely felt the need to go with emerald because of rayquaza, is something as simple as "red" emerald & "blue" emerald, make you side with one of the factions as r/s did, then some kinda bs as the "good ones" being forced to summon their own legend (you could either catch it to aid them or they summoned it themselves and you catch it later) as a last resort/desperate measure, things going wrong and rayquaza saving the day. you then proceed to finish the game as usual, rayquaza being obtainable pre-e4, or as post-game content.

while this probably isn't a flawless idea, it's a good enough base to explore and i just thought of it as i was writing this so i'm pretty confident that a team of professionals can sit down and come up with something 100 times better.

sry if this is off-topic but it's just too irritating to keep reading posts saying:
a- remakes aren't possible because of emerald
b- gf will have to release ONLY ONE title because it has to be emerald
Reply With Quote
  #83    
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Cerberus87's Avatar
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
They will only remake Hoenn if few Hoenn Pokémon are catchable in XY... Just like how it was when the other remakes were released. People like to deny it was because of it, but that's just wishful thinking. FRLG were released because you couldn't get most Kanto Pokémon in RS, and HGSS were released because even the Platinum Sinnoh Dex had very few Johto Pokémon.

Besides, the storyline of Hoenn is a huge obstacle to a remake... Not only the canon is the third version, but also the Hoenn games are chronologically at the very beginning of the timeline, together with FRLG... If XY are way ahead of Hoenn in the timeline (as I suspect they're ahead of Unova even, and Unova is ahead of everything so far), then Hoenn remakes are a no go because you can't integrate them with the XY storyline.

Gamefreak plans ahead of time, so when a remake is going to happen, there are usually hints of it... Absence of most Kanto Pokémon in RS, for one, and the red Gyarados in DPP, for two. If there are many Hoenn Pokémon in XY, forget a remake.
__________________

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote
  #84    
Old January 25th, 2013, 05:23 PM
wygar
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
They will only remake Hoenn if few Hoenn Pokémon are catchable in XY... Just like how it was when the other remakes were released. People like to deny it was because of it, but that's just wishful thinking. FRLG were released because you couldn't get most Kanto Pokémon in RS, and HGSS were released because even the Platinum Sinnoh Dex had very few Johto Pokémon.



Besides, the storyline of Hoenn is a huge obstacle to a remake... Not only the canon is the third version, but also the Hoenn games are chronologically at the very beginning of the timeline, together with FRLG... If XY are way ahead of Hoenn in the timeline (as I suspect they're ahead of Unova even, and Unova is ahead of everything so far), then Hoenn remakes are a no go because you can't integrate them with the XY storyline.



Gamefreak plans ahead of time, so when a remake is going to happen, there are usually hints of it... Absence of most Kanto Pokémon in RS, for one, and the red Gyarados in DPP, for two. If there are many Hoenn Pokémon in XY, forget a remake.


i have to disagree with some of the points you made:

availability doesn't really decide anything when you take into account the fact that most (if not all) pokemon from gen2 were available in gen3 alone so it doesn't prove much and honestly that whole "gyarados hint" is as much of a hint as some of the stuff i saw on r/s remake speculation thread. the only difference being we had the g/s remakes but not the r/s ones.
but if they do those remakes after the next games you'll probably see ****loads of ppl saying: "see? the hints were real!"
not saying i believe those hints to be true but rather that none of them prove anything, at all.

now, i don't want you to think i'm just trying to blindly defend the remakes. in fact, as far as i'm concerned they can skip them altogether and go straight for a 7th gen after this one cause i'm not dying for more remakes and, unlike some, i'm not afraid of reaching the 1000 pokemon milestone nor that they might run out of ideas =P

other than that, i agree there are some obstacles to overcome in order to make it possible but at the same time, judging by the surprises we've had and the consistent quality of their work, i think it's too soon to make any assumptions.

just though i'd point out some possible flaws in your logic and hope you don't take anything the wrong way, just trying to be constructive towards one of the few good posts.
Reply With Quote
  #85    
Old January 25th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Rayshin's Avatar
Rayshin
Fak.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Endless Void of Space
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Deffo Hoenn. But if it's a 3DS exclusive, then fudge it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86    
Old January 25th, 2013, 05:53 PM
enigmα.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
ofc a Hoenn remake, why?

cuz kanto and johto already had hgss dont u see? if they are to make one for the 3ds, that'll be in some years time
Reply With Quote
  #87    
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM
wygar
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Evans View Post
Deffo Hoenn. But if it's a 3DS exclusive, then fudge it.


and may i ask you what your problem with the 3ds is?
by now, especially having a main series in the new console (not to mention DS being as good as dead), you should have understood that the new console IS a necessity, not something optional.
what did you expect? pokemon on an outdated system for all the eternity?
3ds is a new handheld not a mere update...

anyway, you only have 3 real options:
a- buy a 3ds
b- wait to make sure a remake is actually going to be released (you'll still have to buy a 3ds to play it regardless)
c- give up on pokemon games (or any nintendo portable game for that matter) until you feel like buying a new handheld.
your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightShine View Post
ofc a Hoenn remake, why?



cuz kanto and johto already had hgss dont u see? if they are to make one for the 3ds, that'll be in some years time


you cannot possibly compare the kanto region in g/s & hg/ss with the region in the original games. the space itself is there (even that is modified though) but what trully makes it a game isn't.

Last edited by wygar; January 25th, 2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #88    
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Cerberus87's Avatar
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by wygar View Post
i have to disagree with some of the points you made:

availability doesn't really decide anything when you take into account the fact that most (if not all) pokemon from gen2 were available in gen3 alone so it doesn't prove much and honestly that whole "gyarados hint" is as much of a hint as some of the stuff i saw on r/s remake speculation thread. the only difference being we had the g/s remakes but not the r/s ones.
but if they do those remakes after the next games you'll probably see ****loads of ppl saying: "see? the hints were real!"
not saying i believe those hints to be true but rather that none of them prove anything, at all.

now, i don't want you to think i'm just trying to blindly defend the remakes. in fact, as far as i'm concerned they can skip them altogether and go straight for a 7th gen after this one cause i'm not dying for more remakes and, unlike some, i'm not afraid of reaching the 1000 pokemon milestone nor that they might run out of ideas =P

other than that, i agree there are some obstacles to overcome in order to make it possible but at the same time, judging by the surprises we've had and the consistent quality of their work, i think it's too soon to make any assumptions.

just though i'd point out some possible flaws in your logic and hope you don't take anything the wrong way, just trying to be constructive towards one of the few good posts.
Yeah but Nintendo released the DSi with no GBA slot the same year Platinum came out, so those with a DSi couldn't get Pokémon from GBA games.

I had the argument that there weren't Hoenn remakes in the DS because you could still transfer Pokémon from GBA... But (thanks to you) I saw my logic was flawed. The real reason is that you can catch all the Hoenn Pokémon in the DS games. Some legendaries are harder to obtain, but remember 2nd gen had no way to obtain Mewtwo or the birds, not even in Crystal, you had to trade them from 1st gen, so legendaries are kind of a grey area when it comes to availability.

They *might* make a Hoenn remake if Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza aren't available in 6th gen, but ATM it's too early to tell. With the size of a 3DS cart they can fit tons of Pokémon in the new region and make us not need remakes at all. Or they could go greedy and include few Pokémon to force us to buy the remakes. I don't like the idea of new remakes because then there will be a remake of everything in the future, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and God knows what else.

I think 1st and 2nd gen were justified because, and let's not forget this, they were on the GB, and the GB was a console that was horribly outdated when it was phased out, having been released in 1989 in the 8-bit era. Technically a GB from 1989 could play Pokémon Gold! Which didn't require colors. Only Crystal necessitated the more powerful Game Boy Color. Meanwhile, Ruby and Sapphire were on the GBA which was a huge leap forward and more powerful than the SNES, which wasn't too shabby for its time. So it isn't *that* dated by today's standards, maybe compared to the 3DS, but then even the Diamond and Pearl games look dated compared to the bits of XY in the Pokémon Direct video. Hoenn (still) doesn't look horrible compared to the modern games, unlike RBY and GSC which have incredibly simple graphics (even though Crystal has the best animations in the series not counting BW).

As for the original question, I vote neither. What would be really cool is a completely new adventure in Kanto, with a new protagonist and new characters, but that won't happen soon because HGSS.

EDIT: While doing some quick research for this post I came across a post from 2004 that said the DS wasn't going to last. Well, we're in 2013 and the DS had 4 models released, and big budget games released until last year, and it also outsold the PSP. It was so successful that now we have the 3DS which is crushing the Vita sales-wise. So much for those futurologists who keep trying to tell Nintendo what they should do... :D
__________________

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote
  #89    
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Theory_
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Both could use a remake but Hoenn needs to be done before Kanto
Reply With Quote
  #90    
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:28 AM
wygar
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
EDIT: While doing some quick research for this post I came across a post from 2004 that said the DS wasn't going to last. Well, we're in 2013 and the DS had 4 models released, and big budget games released until last year, and it also outsold the PSP. It was so successful that now we have the 3DS which is crushing the Vita sales-wise. So much for those futurologists who keep trying to tell Nintendo what they should do...


^made me giggle.
so much for predictions xD


well, one of the things that possibly made hg/ss plausible is the fact that the internal battery causes big issues.

one could say the same happens on the gba titles but truth is loss of time-based events is nothing compared to loss of data (saves).
wonder why no one talks about this.

i know the batteries can be replaced but the developers clearly didn't have that in mind and not everyone has access to that info. plus, the battery replacement process isn't even something THAT easy to do as you can easily damage the cartridge.


i don't really think hg/ss alone are an obstacle to your "new adventure in kanto" idea, at all.

as far as i can see, the biggest issue would be the fact that the region of kanto by itself wouldn't create much of an impact regarding nostalgia and a new adventure in a region so overused would, almost certainly, not be profitable enough to make it a good alternative to a new gen or a simple remake.

also, taking into account they base their regions on real areas, the ammount of work they'd have to put in creating your idea opposed to a brand new gen would be essencially the same (new region since there's almost nothing to recyle due to the console transition and graphic differences already shown by x/y, new characters, new plot, etc, etc), which only reduces it's viability even more.

simple remakes on the other hand leave the developers with something to work with giving them a headstart, allowing some development time and money to be saved.

lastly, unless they master the dev-kit for 3ds by the time they truly finish this new project, i don't think they'll go with remakes that soon.

but 3ds has been around for a while now and i suspect they started working on the new gen far earlier than what most ppl would expect.

reason why i don't believe we'll get short/poor games when it comes to content like some suggest, even with the huge leap from DS to 3ds.

Last edited by wygar; January 26th, 2013 at 08:38 AM. Reason: wall of text o.O
Reply With Quote
  #91    
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
James_Terrano
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Gender: Male
I like Kanto, but I'd rather see remade Hoenn.
Reply With Quote
  #92    
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Cerberus87's Avatar
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by wygar View Post
one could say the same happens on the gba titles but truth is loss of time-based events is nothing compared to loss of data (saves).
wonder why no one talks about this.

i know the batteries can be replaced but the developers clearly didn't have that in mind and not everyone has access to that info. plus, the battery replacement process isn't even something THAT easy to do as you can easily damage the cartridge.
The only things that were relevant to the internal clock in RSE were Berries and Espeon/Umbreon. Since no one plays RSE competitively anymore outside of simulators, and you can't even obtain Eevee in RSE without trading, the loss is minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wygar View Post
i don't really think hg/ss alone are an obstacle to your "new adventure in kanto" idea, at all.

as far as i can see, the biggest issue would be the fact that the region of kanto by itself wouldn't create much of an impact regarding nostalgia and a new adventure in a region so overused would, almost certainly, not be profitable enough to make it a good alternative to a new gen or a simple remake.

also, taking into account they base their regions on real areas, the ammount of work they'd have to put in creating your idea opposed to a brand new gen would be essencially the same (new region since there's almost nothing to recyle due to the console transition and graphic differences already shown by x/y, new characters, new plot, etc, etc), which only reduces it's viability even more.

simple remakes on the other hand leave the developers with something to work with giving them a headstart, allowing some development time and money to be saved.

lastly, unless they master the dev-kit for 3ds by the time they truly finish this new project, i don't think they'll go with remakes that soon.

but 3ds has been around for a while now and i suspect they started working on the new gen far earlier than what most ppl would expect.

reason why i don't believe we'll get short/poor games when it comes to content like some suggest, even with the huge leap from DS to 3ds.
They did create a fairly good new adventure in Unova with a few changes.

Anyway, I'm 100% sure Kanto won't be remade, because it's already been remade.
__________________

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote
  #93    
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Evil Stud Muffin's Avatar
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Both. And I mean it, too. Something tells me with gen 6 that the change of the region's size will lead to a need of sorts to bring up an older region to give us a sense of what the new engine feels like with familar places, and I can see them doing both regions in 1 game to give us that feel. If not then Hoenn for sure, best region they can give us in a remake.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94    
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:19 PM
quagykid65's Avatar
quagykid65
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Great Marsh
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
a hoenn remake wold be excellent!
__________________
i am quagsireman, feel my wrath
Reply With Quote
  #95    
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Why would anyone want another Kanto remake?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96    
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator's Avatar
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lisburn, Northern Ireland, UK
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Both, but only if Kanto comes with Contests or another new thing like that (just please not another Musical, uhh)
__________________


White 2:
Reply With Quote
  #97    
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Caelus
Gone
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Kanto has been used in the first generations while Hoenn has only been used for gen III. I think they need to remake RS before they consider bringing back Kanto.
__________________
-
Reply With Quote
  #98    
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:05 PM
xxReshiramxx's Avatar
xxReshiramxx
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Well I'd go with a Hoenn remake as Hoenn is of the first three generations that hasn't been remade yet but I say give it a few years.
Reply With Quote
  #99    
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:27 AM
GallifreyanGallade's Avatar
GallifreyanGallade
Poké Time Lord
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 17
Gender: Male
I want both an RS remake and an RGB re-remake in Gen VI, but the RS remake is probably needed more, so that should be first.
Reply With Quote
  #100    
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM
skyluigi2's Avatar
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Hoenn. Look at it this way: Kanto's been in every generation so far except 5, Hoenn's been in one, 3.
By that logic, Hoenn's definitely deserving of a remake!
__________________


☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well



skyluigi2
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.