• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Plane Travel

Sirfetch’d

In Black 2 and White 2 we saw the first use of a Plane used for travel, it was less than stunning. Do you think that plane travel will return, but better this time? Maybe actually get to talk and interact with people on the plane? Idk I just think it would be cool.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Travelling talking to people sounds awesome. Given that they have had interactactable people in boat travel in previous games. Maybe you'll enter the region flying in given that it looks like it needs plane travel. :3

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yes, I'd love to be able to jump on a plane and talk/battle to people NPC's while we fly. Maybe to get to the next city or something you'd have to beat a Gym in the Airport and then the leader would fly you. That would be awesome.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I would love this! I would also like it to have an option to gaze out the window at the scenery, similar to how you can stand on the deck in that boat in Unova and watch the scenery as you cruise.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would love this as well. The 3D view would likely look marvelous from the airplane.
Maybe we can even travel to Unova by plane...nah forget that Unova can't become the new Kanto.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I hope so too; that will surely make travelling experiences more fun and meaningful~ <3 Just like the S.S Anne! Or maybe you can stop the 'evil team' from taking control of said plane for... whatever reasons. Someone said something about an airport for a gym, which is cool too! There are loads of neat possibilities~ <3

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yes, I was thinking of this! I think that X and Y will bring plane travel, nd hopefully t is better than Black. White 2. I hope that there is an underground subway too for transport, I think that would be cool as well.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
The idea of battling trainers and talking to NPCs on a plane sounds awesome! Perhaps that could be one of the routes on the way from one city/town to the next instead of the normal ground route. An idea is that you'll have to battle all the trainers on board the plane/do a special mission/get a HM? before you'll be allowed to gain access to the next place.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Plane travel returning in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be so amazing, though I would like to see the ability to talk to some trainers on the plane, as well as battling them.

Oh wow, a Pokémon battle on a plane, how cool would that be? :D

blue

gucci
Years
It's possible, with the introduction of the Milstratlon Airport it definitely seems like something that could happen in future games. You could battle Pilots and Flight Attendants!

Guy

just a guy
Years
With the introductions of planes, there's no longer a need for regions to be linked to travel to another land, a la Kanto and Johto in GSC and later HG/SS. Although the same could be said about the larger ships we've had before, planes are a lot faster and easier to commute from location to location with.

Even though the idea of battling on a plane seems completely absurd, I think having the capability to fly on a planen and communicating and battling with other passengers, would be great to finally see happen.

I could see something like this being well utilized for a post game plot in regards to a smaller region being unlocked not too far away. Small enough to where it doesn't entitle its own game, but large enough to own its own airstrip and fill up what is usually a very bland and uneventful post-game.

Years
You can already battle on transportation such as ships and subway trains, so I'd have no problem if the next step forward was battling in the skies. As for using it as actual transportation, though, I don't see it as any more useful than the airplanes in Unova- just taking you to places you haven't been before, since after that they become useless. I also don't think that we'll see any plane travel between different regions right away, but it could be a good way to introduce/return to those regions in the future.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
I would love to see more interactive travels, like the plane. You could see everything, challenge players, maybe it could let you join other player's games. How how about that.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
It would be cool if we had a plane ride. Especially if we were sitting at the window looking at the view of Hoenn </3 Hoenn Fan :) Probably like when Ash rode the plane to Unova, it would be cool if at the beginning, we start in a plane ride to see the region. But I guess that won't happen :3

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Plane travel....So much more than Amazing!
I'm tired of boas/ships,(why the hell do they do that all the time?).
They're overused.
So....Plane Travel = so much awesome

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think Plane traveling is great, if I could see the scenery and when the plane will arrive, or challenging other Pokemon trainers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm I was wondering in your opinions, what if Fly actually can't be used at all and there's planes everywhere to travel by? Would that be worse off or become boring...?

Back