• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Worst Shiny Experience

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
The one that got away. :'( Encountered a shiny Lillipup at the beginning of a new game I started on my White version and only had 3 poke balls at the time. I was too scared to actually damage it, and wasn't able to catch it in 3 tries and failed.

Luckily a shiny Gothita I encountered last month made up for that, lol.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
I wish I could remember the generation (I think it was II) or the Pokemon, but the first shiny I saw I didn't know what was going on. It was a weak Pokemon that I had already caught for my Pokedex. Since I didn't realize what a shiny Pokemon was...I just killed it and took the experience. You can imagine how I felt when I realized what a shiny was. :(

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I've had many bad shiny experiences.

#1: Shiny Rattata in Gold, no Pokédex yet.
#2: Shiny Jolteon in the Battle Pyramid in Emerald.
#3: Shiny Metagross in the Battle Tower in Ruby.
#4: Shiny Combee... male shiny Combee.

I lol'd at the Combee one. Not at your misfortune, but just how unlucky that circumstance is.

The only bad experience with a shiny that I ever had was in Ruby, I ran into a green Golbat while grinding my Crobat. Low and behold, nothing to catch it with. -_-

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
My worst shiney moment was tryna catch the silver rattatta in pokemon gold (original) off pallet town it was level 5 yet breaking out of all the poke balls and all if my pokemon were too strong to hit it

Years
My worst moment would have to be when I found a shiny mienfoo. I had been hunting for days at Dragonspiral tower, and had looked away... and saw the blue pokemon...

As I was running away. I checked my pokedex to confirm it, and sure enough, I had missed it :(

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
mixed feeling about this white forest wild pidgy SHINY POKERUS shame it was just a pidgy
but thats not it back in gen. II my rivals tododile was SHINY WHAT THE #### was not shiny when i looked at it NIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!! GAMEFREAK >(

Years
I'm not sure if this counts, but I ALMOST ran away from a shiny Unown in my Ruby Destiny Reign of Legends ROM. I still shiver at the thought that I was about press B on 'RUN' before I realized that the Unown was blue.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I have the worst past with shinies.I can usually can catch them but i forget to save for some reason.Has happened to me three times./gets shot.

Years
When I encountered a shiny Pidove in a nuzlocke challenge, but it wasn't the first Pokemon that I saw there ;;

I almost caught it anyways, but of course the crit hax came to bite me.

Years
I don't believe I have ever encountered a Shiny that wasn't meant to be there (i.e. Shiny Haxorus, Gyarados, etc), but over the semester break I tried chaining for the first time. I got some fairly long chains, mainly with Shinx or Stantler, but it always broke. Once my chain was broken by Azelf. Now that was annoying.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Shiny Tentacool...I had only one Great ball, tried tocatch the Tentacool with it, but it didn't work.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
I have had three bad shiney experiences, the 1st was in gen 2 when the rival had a shiney totodile, and again in gen 3 with emerald with the ralts/ and the was a third, the man who teaches to catch a pokemon in the remakes of RBY was shiney.

Back