The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 498 68.60%
★★★★ 160 22.04%
★★★ 36 4.96%
★★ 5 0.69%
27 3.72%
Voters: 726. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:19 AM
Phoenix12
Unhatched Egg

Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
Beta 1.1 is the final released??
yup look at download section in 1 post

im gonna njoy this
great work btw :D
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
jlegolas
Unhatched Egg

I want to complete pokedex but i cant find 2 pokemons Aipom and Suicune...

Okay found Suicune still looking for aipom, I don't have it in pokedex so i couldn't see its location...

Last edited by jlegolas; January 22nd, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:14 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlegolas View Post
I want to complete pokedex but i cant find 2 pokemons Aipom and Suicune...

Okay found Suicune still looking for aipom, I don't have it in pokedex so i couldn't see its location...
Have you looked in Wild Poke Location Guide you downloaded along witht he IPS file? Suicune mentioned all pokes availability in there including Aipom.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlegolas View Post
I want to complete pokedex but i cant find 2 pokemons :P Aipom and Suicune...

Aipom can be found at Route 111 if you still haven't found it.

Old January 25th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Seraphimon-sama

Not trying to be rude, but I've found a problem in the game. I was battling against the Aqua Admin (don't remember their name) in the Weather Institute, and once the battle was over, every OW, in-game menu and in-battle sprite (not just the Pokemon, the trainers also). The only time a Pokemon was visible was when it was hit with an attack.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Release 1.2

Originally I didn't plan to release any further Beta's as I felt no more work was needed, however after taking a look at the Documents I felt they were in need of an overdue update.

First, I have created an extra Document which lists the Evolutions, Item Changes, Ability Changes etc which do have a couple of new entries. I have created a separate Document for Level Up & Stat Changes which both are much more clear and readable than previously. This was my main aim for this release to sort out any misleading information on the Documents and to give them all a general tidy up.

Another couple of little extras I have added is two small events for Snorlax & Lapras, rather than finding them in the wild which is kind of lazy, I have assigned events to them similarly to the starters and legendaries. I've also added a couple of extra helpful items into the game whicn includes the Thick Club that can be found at Mossdeep City for Marowak.

Finally, I have edited some of the Wild Pokemon locations so that they are more suited to the habitat they are found in. I have made sure that all Pokemon that are usually found on Water Routes that you can only catch by obtaining Surf such as Seel, Feebas, Qwilfish etc. are all available before the third gym, these can be obtained by using the Old Rod on specific Routes or Towns (You can find a list of all these in the Wild Pokemon Locations Document)

So basically I would recommend downloading this Beta as it has a major aesthetic change to the Documents providing much more clear information, a few tweaks to leaders (and others) teams i.e Flannery now uses Flareon and you can obtain some Event Pokemon in a more interactive way.

A couple of images of the changes for Beta 1.2 below.

Old January 27th, 2013, 10:19 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Release 1.2

Originally I didn't plan to release any further Beta's as I felt no more work was needed, however after taking a look at the Documents I felt they were in need of an overdue update.

First, I have created an extra Document which lists the Evolutions, Item Changes, Ability Changes etc which do have a couple of new entries. I have created a separate Document for Level Up & Stat Changes which both are much more clear and readable than previously. This was my main aim for this release to sort out any misleading information on the Documents and to give them all a general tidy up.

Another couple of little extras I have added is two small events for Snorlax & Lapras, rather than finding them in the wild which is kind of lazy, I have assigned events to them similarly to the starters and legendaries. I've also added a couple of extra helpful items into the game whicn includes the Thick Club that can be found at Mossdeep City for Marowak.

Finally, I have edited some of the Wild Pokemon locations so that they are more suited to the habitat they are found in. I have made sure that all Pokemon that are usually found on Water Routes that you can only catch by obtaining Surf such as Seel, Feebas, Qwilfish etc. are all available before the third gym, these can be obtained by using the Old Rod on specific Routes or Towns (You can find a list of all these in the Wild Pokemon Locations Document)

So basically I would recommend downloading this Beta as it has a major aesthetic change to the Documents providing much more clear information, a few tweaks to leaders (and others) teams i.e Flannery now uses Flareon and you can obtain some Event Pokemon in a more interactive way.

A couple of images of the changes for Beta 1.2 below.
Nicely done bro!!! By the way is that a Snorlax a shiny one? Looks like it???
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Nicely done bro!!! By the way is that a Snorlax a shiny one? Looks like it???
Thanks!

Unfortunately the Snorlax is not shiny, that's the closest shade of blue I could get when editing with the Palette in NSE.

Old January 29th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Thanks!

Unfortunately the Snorlax is not shiny, that's the closest shade of blue I could get when editing with the Palette in NSE.
You could make it shiny, though =D It would be pretty cool =D
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:43 AM
MrTraveler
Unhatched Egg

This hack is awesome!
My dream to bring the full potential of all the 3rd gen pokemons will be fulfilled.
However, the receptionist in the Lilycove contest is glitched, I can't enter T.T
The dialogue kept popping out saying "CONGRATULATIONS....blablabla" and when I press B I can move away but the dialogue box still there unless I get out of the room or talking to other NPC.
Is the new update (beta 1.2) fixes this bug? Or if not, can you fix it? I really want to enter the contest..
Thanks, and oh and I am using the beta 1.1 btw.

-edited-
I've tested the beta 1.2, and still having the same problem.

Last edited by MrTraveler; January 30th, 2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Aruaruu

I don't know what to say....

It is just wonderful!
tbh, I don't think that much else is needed. Should focus on fixing the current known bugs and searching for others.
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:15 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruaruu View Post
I don't know what to say....

It is just wonderful!
tbh, I don't think that much else is needed. Should focus on fixing the current known bugs and searching for others.
Yeah I even forgot how many times Suicune released a new version after fixing bugs and glitches. I say just give him rest guys
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:19 AM
deathwraith
Unhatched Egg

Hmm that's weird, i entered the contest and its fine .. Are you sure its not your rom? I'm on beta 1.2 btw.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:28 AM
MrTraveler
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwraith View Post
Hmm that's weird, i entered the contest and its fine .. Are you sure its not your rom? I'm on beta 1.2 btw.
I don't think so. I've using Pokemon Emerald USA right from romhustler. And as long as I play beta 1.1, nothing wrong until the Lilycove contest. Then I apply beta 1.2 in the new rom and continue with my save file. It worked fine, but still having the same glitch from Lilycove contest's receptionist.
Is it my save file? Should I restart my game for it to work and start with beta 1.2? Anyone having the same problem as me?

l'm kinda sad if I should restart, since I've raised my team well, here they aare btw,
Blaziken Lv 71
Swampert Lv 68
Sceptile Lv 71
Alakazam Lv 70
Swellow Lv 67
Linoone Lv 63 (Pick Up,Covet and HM Slave)
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:14 AM
tonsitoh
Unhatched Egg

I don't know if this is a bug or something , somehow i can't use potions or even check my pokemons stats.

btw this hack is great and thanks for sharing!
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:17 AM
Aruaruu

2 bugs I found.

1st was when I went to test post-game stuff. I went to fight the E4 on BF. I had one pokemon in my party which it duped (so I had two wobbufets or however you spell it instead of one) and since it is doubles it should have checked to make sure I have 2 or more (Not sure how to do this.)

2nd was a old bug I reported. the "pre battle mugshot" of the E4 rematches on BF are all of Wallace. and have his music too.

Lastly, does anyone have any idea how the cries of Sceptile/Combusken/Blaziken get corrupted? I looked at the cry tab in the pokedex and when the corrupted part played the sound waves moved in accordance to the corruption. So maybe getting the original cry and reinserting it may fix it? But then whatever was done that caused the corruption may be reversed and cause more problems....

Last edited by Aruaruu; January 31st, 2013 at 06:18 AM. Reason: fix
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:07 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruaruu View Post
Lastly, does anyone have any idea how the cries of Sceptile/Combusken/Blaziken get corrupted? I looked at the cry tab in the pokedex and when the corrupted part played the sound waves moved in accordance to the corruption. So maybe getting the original cry and reinserting it may fix it? But then whatever was done that caused the corruption may be reversed and cause more problems....
I mentioned it before in the thread: basically Advancemap used the wrong section of Emerald for free space, corrupting all sorts of stuff during editing. Can't be fixable without breaking well... everything.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:00 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Yeah, it's something beyond my control otherwise I would have worked towards fixing it.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
Unzenith

I don't know if anyone has reported this before but in the Abandonned Ship near Dewford Town, when I went to the cabins where the diving spot was located(which is in the center, this happened on the left and right from it), I encountered Missingno. as if it was a wild Pokémon. What's causing this?
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unzenith View Post
I don't know if anyone has reported this before but in the Abandonned Ship near Dewford Town, when I went to the cabins where the diving spot was located(which is in the center, this happened on the left and right from it), I encountered Missingno. as if it was a wild Pokémon. What's causing this?
Yeah I also reported those MisisngNos to Suicune and they also have a high Encounter rate too
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:58 AM
BobbertZhubert
Unhatched Egg

Hey Suicune, I'm patched the isp and got the rom and while playing the i got Torchic had Speed Boost! I doesn't mention this in the changes documents. In addition, the levels for the First Rival battles are wrong. Could you upload the original post with the updated and correct changes documents? Thanks! Btw, awesomest Emerald hack ever, much better than Emerald 386. :D

Last edited by BobbertZhubert; February 8th, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old February 9th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbertZhubert View Post
Hey Suicune, I'm patched the isp and got the rom and while playing the i got Torchic had Speed Boost! I doesn't mention this in the changes documents. In addition, the levels for the First Rival battles are wrong. Could you upload the original post with the updated and correct changes documents? Thanks! Btw, awesomest Emerald hack ever, much better than Emerald 386. :D
It's because of new updates that had been made without updating the documents
Old February 9th, 2013, 04:39 AM
BobbertZhubert
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It's because of new updates that had been made without updating the documents
ooohhh, I see. Stupid me, probably didnt catch that. Whatever, Hopefully there weren't to many changes since I got mu whole ultimate team planned out. Btw, Marowak kicks butt now with its speed and attack increases, plus Thick Club. XD
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Phoenix12
Unhatched Egg

which one is the final one??? beta 1.2 or beta 7.5??
i so confuse.. can anyone post to me the link of the final release????
thx a lot
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links