The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Do you like to sing? Do you consider yourself good at it? Do you let people listen to you sing? Do they think you're good at it? Do you ever just rock out in the car or the shower and think, "DAMN why don't I have an album!?" Would you consider trying out for a singing or talent show (American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, etc)?

Wasn't sure if this would go in OVP or GE with the reference to the shows at the end.

paired to crono
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:09 PM
Pokémon Trainer Brendan
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Yes I'm a good singer I'm trying out for x-factor :p
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:43 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I like to sing but I don't think I'm that great at it. I've never really recorded myself (I think I did once and it was terrible so I never did it after that) so I've never really allowed people to hear me sing unless I'm singing along with them in a car or something. According to some people I have a good voice but at the same time I'm pretty sure they said it to flirt with me so I took everything with the smallest grain of salt possible. That said, no I don't think I would ever consider trying out for a talent show.
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I am terrible at singing and No I do not let people listen to me singing as I am not that cruel to other people.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Binary
え?

have never sung in the rain, but do i consider myself to be a pretty good shower-singer bwahaha.

I'm not very confident with my singing abilities, but I do enjoy singing. I've sung in front of a pretty big crowd before and ended up being so so nervous and shaky. People tell me that I sing well, but bleh.. I have zero confidence. As such, talent shows are out of the question.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:19 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I like to sing but I don't sing often. I would say I'm a just decent singer but I've been told I can sing pretty good. I used to be in musicals in junior high and high school and always had the chorus or small part, but those days are over and I don't sing that often anymore. Every once in a while I do sing in the shower or my car but for the latter it's only if I'm riding with just family. If I'm riding with friends or others, then I don't have the confidence to sing publicly but have done it out of peer pressure. When I was 13 or so I had a goal to audition for American Idol once I turned 16. Though I've given up on that dream now cause I realize I'm not good enough to even make past the first auditions.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I love singing. It just cheers me up at times and a nice way to spend time, sometimes. Kura seems to like my singing, so she has to put up with it! XD
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I like to sing, but I am terrible singer, I have a terrible voice, and I know it. But been the self-proclaimed biggest fan of my school's choir, and me being that backstage person, I always sing as a backup singer to their songs.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:57 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I also like singing, but the window glasses would break. I only drum, that's all.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed
Oh, YES! I love singing! <3 Singing is one of my hobbies and is something I do everyday. I do consider myself a decent singer of sorts, but not one of the best; I know other people who are much better singers than myself. Do I let others listen to me sing? Yes only if it is required, or if I'm singing in a karaoke booth. xD People have told me that I can sing, but me being modest just shrugs it off and blushes hehe. #^^#; Rocking out in the shower? Man, I do that ALL the time! Why haven't my albums been produced yet? Nobody knows. Hahaha. xD Finally, no...I wouldn't consider trying out for any singing or talent competitions as I..don't think I'm a good performer and I have stage fright. Even if I somehow decided to audition and manage to get through it, I don't think I could hold it all together till the end. The pressure and the stress would be just too great for me to handle..><

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:52 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
When I was younger, I was told that I can sing well.
At this point, I refuse to sing if anyone is able to hear me. ಠ_ಠ I've had at least one person beg me to sing for them because they hadn't heard it before. It's weird how my singing voice is so different from that of speaking. It doesn't have that sort of raspiness my real voice does. x:

But I must admit, there's nothing quite like cleaning the house with music blaring- and singing along with it.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I'm a terrible singer but I still do it in the privacy of my own home because it's the #1 thing that I feel like doing whenever I'm in a good mood. Yesterday was one of those days. I could never sing at work, though. It'd be horrible to fill somebody's house with such an unholy noise.
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I'm a horrible singer, but I like singing to be silly like when I'm working and no one is around and I need to keep myself energetic :3
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Nature: Brave
I sing...when I'm alone. I've done some singing in talent shows during middle school and family reunions, but when high school came around my voice was like... gone xD and I couldn't sing like I sang back then. xD But people still ask me when I'll sing again and I was like...eventually! (eventually for me = never lol)

I'd try again, though. Who knows? Maybe I improved now, because I sang a few times when I was skyping with friends (I sang a song while skyping with quilzel and he seemed to..tolerate it? xD). Let me know when the next PC singing contest is and I might enter. :P

You know, when American Idol came to San Diego in 2011, I was very tempted to enter! But I had school at the time, so I wouldn't miss class for that. xD
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
I love to sing, I sing wherever I go. It makes me happy and calm unless I'm in a perfection-y mood, then I just get frustrated. I think I sing fairly well, people seem to enjoy my performances and I've placed first in a few competitions so that ought to say something. I'm no Celine Dion, though, by any means.
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Nature: Timid
^ basically what outfox said. i think i'm a good singer and i've been told i'm a good singer and i've placed in some singing competitions. though i don't like to sing in front of people and i tend to clam up, especially if i have no audio backing me. and yes when i sing in the car i wonder when my debut album is being released lol. i've thought about trying out for american idol, and when i was a kid i REALLY wanted to try out but of course when i got the age that i could try out, i no longer enjoyed the show. the only way i'd do it now is just for curiosity's sake to see if i'd make it to hollywood lol.

paired to crono
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I can't sing to save my life :( My voice is so bad, I don't even sing when I'm alone because I get annoyed!
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Evanlyn
Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!

Nature: Relaxed
Do you like to sing? Do you consider yourself good at it? Yes & Yes
Do you let people listen to you sing? Sometimes
Do they think you're good at it? Yes
Do you ever just rock out in the car or the shower and think, "DAMN why don't I have an album!?" No
Would you consider trying out for a singing or talent show (American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, etc)? No, I don't have that kind of voice, plus I don't want to be a pop singer.
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm okay. I used to do choir back when I was in middle/high school. Back then I could read music and follow along pretty well. Nowadays I just sing along with the radio from time to time. Without the radio I can't keep tune. :p Uh, I don't think people thought I was amazing, just okay as well.

I'd never ever try out for a talent show. I don't even think I'd make it past the very first round, because I'm just so... average. :x
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:54 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm indifferent towards singing (I used to hate it), but I'm not the best at it.

Old January 24th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I love to sing, but honest to god I suck at it. I will NEVER let another human being hear me sing (unless I become famous or good at singing or something) because it's so embarrassing. I have the voice of a ten year old boy. Sometimes I record myself singing thinking I'll like it, but I don't. I always cringe when I listen to the recordings and then immediately delete them.
Old January 25th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I sometimes sing along to a song I love on the car. I may not be good at it, but certain occasions I do sing. One of the few rare occasions I sing out loud is during the national anthem.

Do you like to sing? - yes at times

Do you consider yourself good at it? - No, unless I memorize the lyrics

Do you let people listen to you sing? - unless its the national anthem in public (example football games - doing it a lot in the African Cup of Natons) or a song I really love, and my other family members also like, I don't mind singing a part of it, what ever part of the lyrics I memorized

Do they think you're good at it? - No, I can improve

Do you ever just rock out in the car or the shower and think, "DAMN why don't I have an album!?" When ever I get privacy, Yes, and maybe out loud especially in the shower, I imagine myself that I'm Tom Araya or Dave Mustaine on stage, performing my favorite song

Would you consider trying out for a singing or talent show (American Idol, The Voice, X-Factor, etc)? - No, it doesn't capture my attention
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 5/8 - game: X - Location: Route 14
50/50 Challenge - Badges 3/8 - Game Y - Location: Shalour City
Old January 25th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Singing is one of my favourite things. <3. I love doing choir and singing to the radio, it makes me happy most of the time and I enjoy it. I don't consider myself the best singer, but it's strange how different my singing voice sounds to my normal one XD;. I don't really let people listening to me when I sing, I've had my friends ask me to do it but I'm a sort of shy type so I don't ever really sing to anybody else, much ;-;. And I consider myself okay at it, I think there could be a lot of improvements though honestly haha :3. Yeah I love rocking out in the car to songs on the radio, I ocassionally sing in the shower too!
. :p
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Hikamaru
» healer
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm pretty good at singing, but I hate singing in public or hearing my voice recorded.

Trust me, my recorded singing voice would look terrible. And nope, I would never sing on a talent show EVER.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old January 25th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I looooooove singing, but I'm not as good as my sister. My sister's the one with the musical talent, while I have the arts-technology-journalism kind of thing. I do consider myself pretty okay at singing. I don't break glass, so that's a good sign.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here