The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do you like the Dream World?
Yes 51 46.36%
No 59 53.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:25 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I don't really like the Dream World, although it has hidden abilities, berries (ridiculous that you can only get/use them there) and some good pokemon, I didn't like that it was online since it always crashed on me.
Old January 5th, 2013, 06:18 PM
ImKris
Herp Derp!

Nature: Jolly
I remember the first time I used Dream World, it was fun. But really, you always do the same thing, and that what makes it boring. I agree with some people, I'm not using Dream World because "it is fun to play" anymore, I'm using it because it became like a chore to me now. The thing is, I'm playing it but not enjoying it.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=353651
Old January 5th, 2013, 06:33 PM
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
The main thing I dislike about the Dream World is the amount of time it takes to connect to it.
Also, I don't really like it or dislike it now. It was fun at first, but it's boring now.

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:40 PM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

Personally I just pretend Dream World is a non existent feature. Less headaches...

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old January 24th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I loved the Dream World, GF brought more interactivity in a way younger players could relate to.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:11 AM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Dream World is pretty bad and I have a computer.
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéZoom View Post
The main thing I dislike about the Dream World is the amount of time it takes to connect to it. :|
Also, I don't really like it or dislike it now. It was fun at first, but it's boring now.
Yeah it is pretty slow on certain connections. ;( when I went over my cap at first it was terrible really. Sooo annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKris View Post
I remember the first time I used Dream World, it was fun. But really, you always do the same thing, and that what makes it boring. I agree with some people, I'm not using Dream World because "it is fun to play" anymore, I'm using it because it became like a chore to me now. The thing is, I'm playing it but not enjoying it.
:( it sucks you feel that way! But I do understand why you feel that, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Justin View Post
Dream World is pretty bad and I have a computer.
But everyone who has used it has a computer XD;
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Dragonmage
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Great idea. Sucks beyone mortal belief. I'm on their right now. I've been through 4 areas. I haven't gotten so much as an item. Then you find something: male=useless. Great. Dream Rada is better. I would be willing to pay way more if they got rid of DW. I think it's worth up to $15-$20 to not have to deal with that.

Check out my trade shop http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296739
Midori and I will both thank you!

Pokemon White FC: 0905 2241 5057
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3096 5973 8776
Old February 9th, 2013, 01:27 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I'm... mixed on my opinion of the Dream World. I thought it was a cool feature, and being able to get the hidden abilities was awesome, but there were many drawbacks too. The fact that it was on the computer, you could only play an hour a day, it was on the computer, you could only take one pokemon back with you or something and the fact that it wasn't just a part of the games annoyed me. It really could have been implemented into the games, and simplified a bit which would have been nice tbh. And I think it ate my Victini, as I put it to sleep and never got it back. >[

Also, I don't understand how one could meet a pokemon in their dreams, and then bring them back to reality!? These "dreams" of my pokemon seem drug-induced if anything.
Old February 9th, 2013, 06:57 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm also mixed on the dream world. The pokemon's new abilities are nice (though I would've perfered if they had given the Magby line Drought) but the restriction and the mini games are quite boring making the thing boring imo.
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Amateur Conductor

I've never been able to connect, the website is always down for maintenance whenever I try. Yay bad luck

I really hope I get it working sometime, though, it seems interesting.
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:35 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
strange, thought i posted here.
it really was a bad move on their part. i would be fine with it but every time i get on, it does the tutorial over again. anyone else have this problem?

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:37 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I really like the Dream World. In my opinion it's a pretty fun and new feature! Personally, I've never had any problems with it.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:33 AM
PsytronicX
C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Nature: Calm
Personally I enjoy the Dream World, however I do admit it's far more clumsy and awkward than it could have been. Here's hoping we see an improved version (or something similar) for Gen VI.

Pokémon Diamond FC:
1980-0472-3979

Old February 13th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Discord.
What fun is there in making sense?

Send a message via Skype™ to Discord.
now let me ask you: How would they put this on a DS?
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectL View Post
now let me ask you: How would they put this on a DS?
Exactly what I'm thinking. To me , it doesn't seem like something that would be possible to do on the DS. I don't see how they could put all the mini-games and all the other features like your house and going to the Island of Dreams, on the DS card. I honestly think it works better on the computer. And this may be just for me, but the Dream World loads fine on my computer.

Personally , I like the Dream World, thought it was a neat concept to be able to interact with your Pokemon more. While the games can get boring at time, they're pretty fun imo. The only drawback I have is the one-hour time limit it has. I sometimes don't get everything done in a hour cause I don't focus on just doing the Dream World, I do other things too. So I usually end up running out of time. Plus I hate that you can't go back until 24-hours.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Discord.
What fun is there in making sense?

Send a message via Skype™ to Discord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Exactly what I'm thinking. To me , it doesn't seem like something that would be possible to do on the DS. I don't see how they could put all the mini-games and all the other features like your house and going to the Island of Dreams, on the DS card. I honestly think it works better on the computer. And this may be just for me, but the Dream World loads fine on my computer.

Personally , I like the Dream World, thought it was a neat concept to be able to interact with your Pokemon more. While the games can get boring at time, they're pretty fun imo. The only drawback I have is the one-hour time limit it has. I sometimes don't get everything done in a hour cause I don't focus on just doing the Dream World, I do other things too. So I usually end up running out of time. Plus I hate that you can't go back until 24-hours.
i agree the 1 hour limit wasn't really needed,especially since you can't go back in 24 hours anyway which was not really needed either. i really like the Dream World too,especially being able to find non Gen 5 pokemon there,especially since they are not obtainable since post game.

I also find minigames really fun and addicting aswel,my favorite would be Blowing out Candles(probably because i like Ghost pokemon) and Collecting Gems with Sableye(it reminds me of Pokemon Ranger so much,which was the first Pokemon game i owned and sadly lost it's cartridge).
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:50 AM
ZebraikaKnight
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Rash
Although it's cumbersome and poorly designed, I like the Dream World simply because the Pokemon you catch are usually at level 10 and you can use whichever ball you like to catch them, so it's nice if you like to use a certain type of ball for your teams.

Also, I caught a Level 100 Dream World Arceus in a Luxury Ball. So not only do I have the rare privilege of Arceus in a ball other than the Cherish Ball, but I'm the OT (as opposed to an Event OT) meaning I have the privilege of nicknaming Arceus. I named it Zeus and equipped it with a Flame Plate.

Despite my name, I no longer have a Zebraika on my team. Pokémon favouritism is fickle it seems.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links