The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:43 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
The idea of this has been in my head for a while now. I figured it would make an interesting poll.

I'm not sure what would happen that it would come about (obviously, this isn't a very realistic situation), but just try to understand, okay? (;

Pretend everything about you -every secret, every memory, everything you've ever done- is now known by everybody you know. How do you think they would react? How would you cope with this?

Edit:
Might as well post mine. :x
In the words of Insomniac (who was the first replier)-
"I'd be so screwed, man."

People would always be secretly monitoring me. Some people might stop talking to me, which I would totally understand. I think my family might have some questioning to do. I also may or may not go curl up and die somewhere so not to face people once they know everything I've done. ;x

I've done things that are generally not..."acceptable" to most people. I think my best friend might be the only friend to actually stick with me through that. Partially because she already knows one of my two biggest secrets.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; January 9th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I'd be so screwed, man. I mean, like, I don't do bad stuff, but I do weird stuff.

I don't know.

Things done in secret are because I want them to stay secret, so the situation wouldn't turn out well.

It's just hard to even fathom what would happen. And it's also hard to remember what things I've been keeping secret. (Except for who I have major crushes on. I wouldn't mind if that got out.)
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
My biggest secret everybody knows now. I can't think of anything else that would cause major waves with the people around me, so I think I'd be pretty alright lol.

This is a very freeing feeling, I must say!

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:51 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I only have one thing that would cause some waves — well, more like a tsunami — in the people around me. I'd probably lose a good half of my insignificant friends that I don't care about anyways, but that's not important. I can almost guarantee my mother would be going to Facebook on the matter. "Oh god I just found out about blah blah yadda yadda yabba dabba doo so help me" (And I can guarantee that she'll have unfriended some people because they won't give her the "help" she wants.)

I'd definitely be alive, and may very well find solace in a friend I could stay with, but it's hardly better than getting murdered when your own family — even if they're practically worthless to you — decides to freak out and possibly shun you over an important part of your life. Even worse if they try to pull an inquisition on you, or otherwise turn to religion to try and force you back to cultural normality.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:34 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I would be looked at as a freak lol.
Since I'm mostly anti-social, some people wonders what I do when I'm at home @_@
I would probably lose tons of friends and my family would try to avoid me xD
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Aquanova
Shiny Celebi's Alt

Nature: Relaxed
I don't really do bad stuff, so I dont really know, I am however afraid that people would think I was dumb or boring because I dont do much interesting stuff.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:53 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Oh great Lord in heaven, I'd be screwed, I used to do alot of bad stuff, USED TO but still and my text messages aren't all that "kid-friendly" either xD
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
It'd be alright. I rarely keep anything to myself, and I share my thoughts and opinions to everyone I meet.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old January 21st, 2013, 01:02 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

If absolutely everything about me was known by all the people I know, I'd think it'd be more awkward than anything. I've done a few things in the past that I wish I hadn't at times, but it's nothing I'd lose sleep over if anyone found out. Like I said, it would just seem weird if my life became completely transparent.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:00 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
I'd probably explode. Or I would change identity for goodness sake.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Nope nope nope nope nope.

I'd have to exile myself or go live with a band of freaks somewhere in the woods. That situation would be impossible for me to cope with because I secretly like some weird things and the people who know about those things haven't looked me in the eye since they found out.
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

The only major thing I had a problem with people knowing stopped being a problem in high school, so I'm not concerned with people knowing that anymore since it's no longer relevant. I am trying to rack my brain for anything I don't want people knowing, but I think if you compiled a list of everything I've ever done, I told at least one person that. So, to me, it isn't that big of a deal. Generally if someone asks me about something, I'll tell them the truth. I don't really hide anything. So I would assume people would react indifferently to discovering my secrets and my memories.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
People would react in this exact order:

Creeped Out
Confused / Think i'm nuts
Impressed
Depressed
Possible Shun

I'd also be shunned by my family.
People would either love me or hate me. It's really as simple as that. It'd be almost relieving though, to have no secrets to keep. (If they'd ask me i'd say "Yeah, i'm a freak.")

As for what i'd do... I'd throw myself wholy into my music, and thus I would become.

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
There would probably be a pretty big cliff with my name written on it, that's for sure. Otherwise, I'm pretty normal, and I have little secrets.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here