• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black version, or White version?

• Black version

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • White version

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Hmm..i guess it just depends on personal preference, but really to me i would choose black just because it looks better than White. On the other hand i would choose White & it's exclusives over Black & it's exclusives.

I'm making this decision in the next couple days on which i'm gonna buy only because i decided to wait to buy/play White/Black,Black2/White2 till later down the road since i took a long break from pokemon, so i've decided to replay Fire Red, Ruby & Platinum to really catch back up. Pretty exciting because of the break i took i have so much Pokemon to look forward too.

So my vote goes to White since that's probably what i'll buy

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I got Black. Black because of Reshiram. Before I prefered Lilligant over Whimsicott but when II actually used in in Black, I liked it more and more. That being said, I also liked Opelucid City's design in Black better than the one in White. Though at the time I did prefer Iris over Drayden. I also prefered Thundurus over Tornadous since Thundurus looks better and does have an advantage though Reshiram being in Black I got that ;D

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
I got both,but White is my main,
I used them all the time,until B2W2 was released,but I still use them though like almost everyday.
White is my main cuz of the White Forest,it's true that Black has better exclusives than White.
But....White Forest is so much better.And also cuz of Zekrom!

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Which version of the game did you purchase?
Black
Did you buy both or only one? I did eventually end up getting White, not too long ago.
Is there any reason you picked that one, or was it completely random?
I only got it, just cause I wanted Reshiram.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I got both Black and White, but White is my main file. I've been meaning to do more on Black, but so far, all I've done is pick my starter.

I chose to make White my main file partly because I liked its version exclusives. However, unlike with some of the previous generations, I had no strong version preference for B/W, so my choice wasn't that well thought out.

Back