The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Being able to customize your own character really does sound like an excellent idea. I noticed in the trailer that there were some differences with the characters in some way, perhaps the clothing and shoes will be content that you'll be able to send though StreetPass.

Pretty much most of us noticed that the male character was using rollerblades, maybe they might be part of the customization of your character's shoes? That would be so cool. x3

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
I wouldn't utilize this really, haha. I think the girl looks cute the way she is. The boy just needs a complete redesign though. He looks...a tad familiar. :P

paired to peeta
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:22 AM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
That'd be cool especially since he looks like Hilbert with the colors, I'd dress him up with a black beret, black shirt, blue/black pants, black dress shoes, make him look like me xD I wear black too much, plus I want a beret if I'm going to explore what looks like France xD
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
LapLace1500
I just ride....

Having customization for the protagonists would actually be very nice. I'm ok with how the female protagonist looks like already, she's really cute, but having more customization options like clothing would make the game a lot more fun. I don't know how but yeah :D

Old January 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Relith
Togepi

At the very least, we should be able to change the colors of the outfit.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I need this. I can't deal with either character I'm extremely disappointed. Like the guy is wearing a blue jacket on jeans, block colors, eww!
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
Kayla and I were talking about this the other day...

Usually when we see some sort of supposed hint in a trailer that could lead to something we want, in which the case here is Customization. The trailer shows the male trainer looking into a mirror, this gives people the poor misconception it means we will have customization, but that may or may not be the case, we can't use this one thing to say that we may have customization, I mean don't get me wrong, but i hope this means we get customization, but I doubt it...

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but in the rope-swinging part of the trailer, you can see (if you look at the spot where the character jumps from) floating glasses.
While this may be a glitch, it does seem to show that the glasses and character are separate models so to speak; therefore possibly indicating that customisation is possible.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:47 AM
XerX
Team Mercury Leader

Nature: Modest
I do hope this happens. It would be really neat to customize your own character and seeing other people's designs for their character.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I'm only hoping for outfit customization rather than a customization of the protagonist's appearance, because there's a chance that Gen VI's protagonist, possibly the female trainer, will appear in the next Smash Bros. title to co-exist with Red and represent Gen VI with his default appearance rather than a random physical appearance. Sakurai wouldn't want to use a customizable character with no canon appearance. So I sincerely hope that this protagonist's appearance is his canon appearance.
What could be done is you start with default clothes, which can be considered the "canon" appearance. And then as you go through the game you can acquire more pieces of clothing to customize your character with. And heck, they could even just make it so that, later on, you could change the color scheme of the clothes.

So, that said, I would love to see customization, even if it's simple as just changing the color scheme or if they let you acquire more articles of clothing and whatnot. And, like people said, the mirror seems like it could be hinting toward such, so I hope that's the case!
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
IMO, the opportunity for player customization has been long overdue. xD
I was thinking of something like Battle Revolution's customization (skin color and stuff like that), and as you adventure, you can get/buy more things to dress your character up with, and there would be "special" clothing (like what you get for beating Colosseum masters in PBR) you can get from maybe Gym Leaders or certain characters. The Pokemon Centers could also have a "changing room" where you put things on.

Online, it would use these appearances, instead of an NPC Trainer sprite like that of the past games.
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

What if they involved this with whatever new minigame they have - you can dress up your Pokemon as well as yourself and compete to win :3
PM
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Skylands

Branching out on the idea of customizable trainers, wouldn't it be cool if at the beginning of the game, it asks for your age and creates an avatar based on that age? So the hero could look younger or older depending on what age you select.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:23 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

I do think its a little over due I say there should be a feature where you either choose one of the main protagonist or to create your own character or atleast make the main protagonist customizable so you won't really be changing the character but you could make the trainer look how you want it ehh it's just a thought
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Vehks

Yes. We should have had this a few games ago IMO. Especially how ridiculous the last male protagonist was in B2/W2. If it's my very own pokemon adventure, why can't I make my own avatar?
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:28 PM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehks View Post
Yes. We should have had this a few games ago IMO. Especially how ridiculous the last male protagonist was in B2/W2. If it's my very own pokemon adventure, why can't I make my own avatar?
Exactly how I feel it would make wifi battles more interesting because it would show player imagination on how they feel they would look if they became trainers ehh just saying it wouldn't hurt

Safari Grass: PanSage - Maractus - Sawsbuck
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:23 PM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
Yes, I'd say so. It's something that's been lacking from the series for a while now.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I saw somewhere that there was a glitch that the male's glasses fell off when he was swinging on the branch. This possibly means that the glasses aren't attached to his model, meaning they could be taken off or changed, aka the protagonist could be customized? I thought that was a really interesting point!
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:39 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Honestly I never sought after this feature. I guess now that the game is 3D, I can get into some custimizations. I was just always fine with the given avatar. Wifi battles could be solved by selecting a traner skin before a battle also. But I just hope we can get rid of those sunglasses. .-.

Old January 15th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Customizations could help distinguish each other's trainer. It is kind of wierd that when we do link battle/wifi battle/random matchup we are battling people that look like another copies of us. It would be interesting to let the game to implement this.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
mijumaru1
Unhatched Egg

Really hope it comes through, then everyone won't look the same!
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:37 AM
jfuze174
Elite Trainer Joey

Does look like we are finally getting it

Safari Grass: PanSage - Maractus - Sawsbuck
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Genghoul
Aspiring Didgeridooist

If there is customization, it would be awesome if some articles of customizable clothing were easter eggs from other Nintendo games. If I could walk around a Pokemon world wearing Link's hat, my life would be complete.
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Further evidence to back-up Player Customization is the fact that the Player isn't seen throwing a Pokemon when a battle begins in the videos. Perhaps they can't have that feature in the game because of the wide variety of player sprites...
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
It would be great to have customization in these games. I would actually look different from everyone else. (Finally!!)
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links