The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 25th, 2012, 03:11 PM
DialgaPrime
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
HELP, I inserted the ROM but it won't work!!
Old May 29th, 2012, 08:02 PM
brains nbran
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I have a question. I've been trying to mod emerald and every time I do, no matter whether I edit or delete the script and person event, whenever I start my game, my mother still talks like I didn't change anything. If I delete the person event, there is just no visible person talking. If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.
Old May 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Stormy-Chan
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
do anyone know how to change the spawn point in pokemon FR, change the X and Y position?

Old May 31st, 2012, 08:32 AM
looper
German Hacker

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to looper
You can use the Start Map Chooser Advance Tool. You should find it in the toolbox
Old May 31st, 2012, 08:45 AM
Stormy-Chan
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
thank you verry much btw, that was my first post in this forum:3

Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
XXVIII
Romhacker Wannabe

Nature: Quiet
I have a few noob questions. If I will use advance map and start to create my own map what will I gonna do? (Ex. Fire Red, the cities) Will I create new maps for cities then delete existing original cities of fire red or will I just have to edit existing cities? Or there is other way? I'm really confused.
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Robert Conley
GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley

Nature: Docile
Having an issue with bridges in Fire Red. I did exactly what you said with the behavior bytes and everything is fine except the character walks on top of the bridge when it is supposed to go under it. Is there a way to fix this or are bridges just impossible in FR?

EDIT: NEVER MIND I FIGURED OUT THE THING I WAS DOING WRONG WAS NOT BUILDING THE BLOCK WITH A BACKGROUND.

Last edited by Robert Conley; June 19th, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:46 PM
jms_209
Beginning Trainer

How to I actually use all the palletes?
It seems really annoying having to change the number over and over,just to change some tiles.

Is their any way to show all(or bigger)the tile-sets on one screen.since it shows only a small amount.

I can never find the ones I want,any advice?
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Flashxon
Beginning Trainer

I i create a new map. The name is allways Little Root town or Pallet Town. And when i create a other new map. It has the same name. When i change the name of one of them. The other map also get that name. :\

Last edited by Flashxon; June 22nd, 2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Smiley '':P'' was happy ;)
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:53 AM
Flashxon
Beginning Trainer

But at the bridge, shouldn't you put movement permission (0 Blue) before the movement permission 10. (Where you gonna walk in on the bridge?) I tried without the blue movement permission and it didn't work then i put Blue movement permission and i could now walk over and under. (Pokemon Emerald)
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:01 AM
xXDisturbed
Medicham :3

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashxon View Post
But at the bridge, shouldn't you put movement permission (0 Blue) before the movement permission 10. (Where you gonna walk in on the bridge?) I tried without the blue movement permission and it didn't work then i put Blue movement permission and i could now walk over and under. (Pokemon Emerald)
This is exactly what i thought too but then i realised what i was doing wrong for so long. You put 0 on the stairs that go up to the mounain area, and put 10 on the ground part of the are (everywhere else thats walk able on the mountain) then just 3c the part where the bridge is
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Jolteon19
Beginning Trainer

I need help with something on my Ruby hack. I changed one of the buildings in Oldale town, (Map 2.0) into a one-room cave, and everything was fine. However, when I went into a house in Petalburg (8.2), the inside of the house was the same as that cave, but with the people inside. I changed 8.2 back into a house myself by re-mapping it, and afterwards, it made 2.0 inaccessible. When I try walking into the cave that is 2.0, my screen goes black and I can't move/leave/etc. What do I do?
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:34 PM
RedDog
Unhatched Egg

Can someone explain to me how to make a new town that's acessable from the world map editor? I'm a 95% pure noob as far as hacking right now, so id appreciate any help!
Old November 11th, 2012, 01:37 AM
darklight177
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Serious
Ok, so every time I try to load my roms it says something about ini files not found. Please help!!!
Old November 23rd, 2012, 05:37 PM
bluedeedrocks
Professional Coolguy

Nature: Relaxed
Hey, I just mapped a different version of route 1, I intend for it to be in the same place and everything, but when I move from pallet town to route 1, the tiles in pallet town get all messed up, any way to fix this?

Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:30 AM
dudebot
Glowing Yellow

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to dudebot
Just wanted to confirm something.

I'm using the newest version of the A-Map. I can't seem to save the city/town I make, thus I end up having to remake it.

Fix? Or rather, is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Hell Ruler
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Thanks man
Finally Found What i was finding.
a really big thanks to you.
if you know can you also please telll me about scripts and offsets and how to generate them.
thanx again even if you can't tell me about scripts and offsets
and thanx if you can tell

thanx again.
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Zanny77
I'm back, baby!

Nature: Jolly
Hey, I'm having a problem with Advance Map right now.
I started editing Cerulean City, just adding trees and moving stuff around, and I went to another map to check something. I try to go back to the Cerulean City map, and I got an error:
Error (EConvertError) "" is an invalid integer

Anyone know what happened?

I SUPPORTQUOTECREDITHACK
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Meloetta24
Creator of Red Ruby!

Nature: Timid
Thank you so much for the help

Creator of Pokemon Red Ruby!
I need TEAM!! Editor (Text box,Grass animations) Scripter, Mapper, Storyliner and Tileset editor!!! (Scripter!! i need it most.)
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
HackforFun
Unhatched Egg

Yeah umm.. My problem is this: I'm making a type of warp cave from petalburg to dewford and I have placed the warps correctly but when I try to go from petalburg to the cave it work right but going back the way I came sent me to a random house in dewford... And going into the.cave from dewford sends me to the entrance to the cave like I'm coming in from petalburg... Help plz!
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:36 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
In FR there is a World Map for the Sevii Islands. Is there anyway to replace that with the Sinnoh Regions World Map and then edit each individual Route using Advance Map 1.92? I don't care how much time it will take, I just want to know if it can be done.

If anyone else has accomplished this, please PM me how.
TweenyTodd

P.S. I am using Jambo's 649 patch so Advance Map 1.95 won't work.
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM
bile777d
Unhatched Egg

Why is it everyone avoid the one question: How do we change map names without it interfering / changing other existing map names?

----
Has no one yet mastered this or something? Surely, there must be a way..
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bile777d View Post
Surely, there must be a way..
There's always a way. Its just so RIDICULOUSLY hard to try and do it a different way than the *slightly less than perfect* way we already have.

But in this particular case, I don't think a way has been found.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Stevemagegod

Great tutorial dude thank you
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Azmyth
Unhatched Egg

Hey is it possible to use unknown maps? I’m hacking Fire red with a friend and I found some unknown maps in it. I thought it would be cool to use some of them because some look like they go together even though the maps are unfinished. I finish them and they look nice but I can't add warp, people and Pokémon to it. The entire buttons are not click able, but I can change the movement setting. I really don't want to remake the maps again (there are like 8 that I change/finish and they are pretty big) so if anybody know how to bypass this or some type of saving method I can use to keep my work and use it I'll be very grateful.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here