• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Gold hack: Pokemon G/S Nuzlocke Version

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
yo great patch miksy!!
i just have a few questions...
does this patch work with your active battle system..?..cause i think the game wil be pretty much cooler that way..also if i patch this in a clean rom and later edit it like adding new event and replacing pokemon sprite does it cause any errors..?
anyways this is a great patch again from you miksy!!
just when i was planning to play gold in nuzlocke mode..this is really a great patch!!
NICE NUZLOCKE!!

*EDIT*
ive discovered that nuzlocke patch worked well with miksy's active battle system!!!
i first patched the nuzlocke patch in a clean silver rom then played a bit then patch the active battle system and it works haha!!
now it way cooler and much more interesting than it normally has..
thanks for this great patches miksy!!!
anyway i hope you can figure out how to fix the egg hatching bug...cheerio!
Yeah, for others to know too, I released a patch called Active Battle System by uploading a video about it with my youtube account (months ago). It can be patched over this hack to make it a bit more interesting. Link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrGRU1FiawM

You could hack this hack just as any other clean pokemon g/s/c rom.

I don't think I'll be working on this anymore but if I do, I'll get rid off that egg hatching bug at least. For now, I'm only working on Dark Energy which is my main hacking project.

Liogerzero

Aura Soldier
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 13, 2023
Hey Miksy i've starting recording this on youtube and wanted to know if you wanted me to post a link on this forum so others can see gameplay footage of this amazing hack????????

miksy91

Years
Hey Miksy i've starting recording this on youtube and wanted to know if you wanted me to post a link on this forum so others can see gameplay footage of this amazing hack????????
Sure, go ahead if you feel like it.
I can also link it to the main post for others to see if they're interested.

Liogerzero

Aura Soldier
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 13, 2023
FWI the egg glitch is the same as the poison problem dont leave the map and you can hatch it

miksy91

Years
FWI the egg glitch is the same as the poison problem dont leave the map and you can hatch it
Yeah, that's how it works.

I should have probably added more possibilities to the hack such as instead of getting eggs so that they would hatch almost instantly after being given or similar (or not make you get straight eggs at all).

I guess I wanted to make this patchable over most other pokemon silver hacks (may work for gold hacks too).

Other than that, I've added that video link to the main post now.

Liogerzero

Aura Soldier
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 13, 2023
I just finished Red off and my Team consisted of Saphira the Dragonite LVL 81, Moka the Crobat lvl 80, Rage the Gyrados LVL 62, Scyther the Scyther lvl 52, Useless the Paris lvl 8, and Derp Face the Slowpoke lvl 8

Years
This is really great! Have you considered posting it in the nuzlocke forum? I can guarantee it'd get business there :)

miksy91

Years
This is really great!

Have you considered posting it in the nuzlocke forum? I can guarantee it'd get business there :)
I have never thought about it.
I think I won't though, mainly because I don't see a point in having accounts pretty much everywhere. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else posting a thread of this hack in my place though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2014
Is there any way you could make it that only the first pokemon you encounter in an area is catchable?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
This is awesome !
But, there are a lot of things to add : First Encounter ; suppress the box (in a individual patch)...

However, good work !

miksy91

Years
Well then with your permission I'll go ahead and do that!
I noticed your message way earlier but didn't feel to reply because of just this.
But sure, I really don't mind you sharing the hack elsewhere.

Is there any way you could make it that only the first pokemon you encounter in an area is catchable?
There is a way but would be kinda tricky to do and I don't think I'd want to implement that. It's just that I don't feel like working on this hack anymore. The idea was to create a mini-hack beside the main project I have.

This is awesome !
But, there are a lot of things to add : First Encounter ; suppress the box (in a individual patch)...

However, good work !
Not quite sure what you even mean here though. I'm not familiar with the rules myself. It was just about felt doing a rom hack similar to being forced to use those rules.

Also, controlling the pokemon storage system through battle loadings would be totally insane. Storage system pokemon are not stored so that they could be looked through an easy method. Or in other words, I don't think I could do what you pointed out here either.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Hey Miksy! I got Tamago the Togepi to hatch! As soon as I got the Egg, I just had to walk around in the pokemon center until the egg hatched. It was an experiment but it worked! You just had to stay in the same room. Thanks for this hack, and the Active Battle System! I'm having a lot of fun!!!

miksy91

Years
Hey Miksy! I got Tamago the Togepi to hatch! As soon as I got the Egg, I just had to walk around in the pokemon center until the egg hatched. It was an experiment but it worked! You just had to stay in the same room. Thanks for this hack, and the Active Battle System! I'm having a lot of fun!!!
I was actually aware of that, you can also hatch the day care pokemon in the exact same way. I just didn't think anyone would have patience to do that (and it would have sounded stupid if you were explained eggs can't be hatched unless you walk around for an "eternity").

I could have also dropped down the egg hatching counters close to 0 so that you wouldn't have to take more than a few steps before eggs hatch but I wanted to keep the patch as compatible with other hacks as possible so there aren't many add-ons out there.

It was actually someone from vizzed who discovered that I had put up that Active Battle System patch too. In case someone else is wondering, you can find this "Nuzlocke Silver Active Battle System" hack in Vizzed Proboards. It makes it impossible to switch pokemon when your opponent is switching to using another one during a fight making it a little more likely you'll mess up when playing this one.

But nice to hear you've liked it. Simple ideas and their implementation didn't go to waste then :)

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
You will not have the documentation used to make this add-on?

I currently play a version of the GBA Nuzlocke, but would be nice to have the "official" version of a hack GBC.

miksy91

Years
You will not have the documentation used to make this add-on?

I currently play a version of the GBA Nuzlocke, but would be nice to have the "official" version of a hack GBC.
No, I don't think I have.

In case you wanted to check for yourself, you could use use an "ips patch viewer" (you can grab tools designed for doing that in romhacking.net) to see what the patch file does, and just track down the points where it writes something related to implementing the nuzlocke functions.

miksy91

Years
how did you do this
Just some asm hacks really. When a battle ends, it checks each pokemon in your party and removes each one which HP has dropped to zero. That functionality was implemented with asm code since there is no built-in scripting command to take a pokemon out of your party. But it wasn't that hard to do.

Back