The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old January 12th, 2013, 02:23 PM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to gatarda

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post
It's not a hack, just testing... XD
But it is still cool! I am going to do same things now!

How to edit tileset palettes?

Last edited by gatarda; January 12th, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:23 AM
xalien95
Creator of Pkmn Omicron [ITA]

Send a message via Skype™ to xalien95
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatarda View Post
But it is still cool! I am going to do same things now!

How to edit tileset palettes?
You have to extract a tileset with SDSME, open it with MKDS, edit their textures importing new ones like PNGs (palettes'll be automatic), save the tileset and import it with SDSME.
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:20 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
I'm gonna share you guys something interesting, it's called UVMapper, I found it while playing around with GameMaker 8 Pro.

More inforemation at UVMapper website, this might be able to fix UV better after editing an obj file.
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
I'm gonna share you guys something interesting, it's called UVMapper, I found it while playing around with GameMaker 8 Pro.

More inforemation at UVMapper website, this might be able to fix UV better after editing an obj file.
Is it a 3d modeling tool. And is it free??

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:44 AM
andibad
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
Is it a 3d modeling tool. And is it free??
pro version is not free. but you can try free version.
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post
You have to extract a tileset with SDSME, open it with MKDS, edit their textures importing new ones like PNGs (palettes'll be automatic), save the tileset and import it with SDSME.
I always tought the PNG become the palette of the tile. Thanks.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
News update: I have finished a trainer class editor, which will allow you to add/edit/remove trainer classes (name and sprite). Music and animations are not supported yet simply because I have no idea where the data is.

I have also rewritten the ROM load/save code to make it faster and safer. The "game.nds" errors won't show up anymore, and the game will now be loaded in the same folder it's located, not in SDSME's. That will also allow you to have multiple windows of SDSME opened at the same time safely :D

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Nice spiky keep up the good work

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
VERGUNDAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
News update: I have finished a trainer class editor, which will allow you to add/edit/remove trainer classes (name and sprite). Music and animations are not supported yet simply because I have no idea where the data is.

I have also rewritten the ROM load/save code to make it faster and safer. The "game.nds" errors won't show up anymore, and the game will now be loaded in the same folder it's located, not in SDSME's. That will also allow you to have multiple windows of SDSME opened at the same time safely :D
Awesome, since trainer editor was really useful, I've compiled some new scripts for BlazeRuby.
I still can't figure out while Max 8 won't load my png files file trying to export some maps into imd.
Works for the first map Twinleaf(can be imported to imd with no errors), then errors for other maps(unknown error)..

Lately, I've been successfully importing some maps without textures, so therefore I won't need to upload pics.
And I guess Photoshop CS6 is awesome for editing some pictures and graphics.

Pokemon BlazeRuby will be officially release on June 7th 2013, with new maps, and a few scripts...
and will be uploaded on pokemonregen website.
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
thanethane98
Self Proclaimed Expert

Nature: Relaxed
I have to say, I really love how far this tool has come... But I really am terrible at navigating to the map I want to in this.
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanethane98 View Post
I have to say, I really love how far this tool has come... But I really am terrible at navigating to the map I want to in this.
Thank you! I'm aware navigating maps is pretty confusing unless you know exactly what you're doing, so any feedback about possible ways or "ideal ways to navigate maps" are always welcome. It's important for the tool to be accessible to everyone.

By the way, version 1.7.0 is progressing well. I've been fighting a bit to get scripts working, but now they work like 90% of the time. It's only a viewer, though. I have also added a sound file list, which will be practical for scripts and headers

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 27th, 2013, 03:22 AM
VERGUNDAI

Quote:
Thank you! I'm aware navigating maps is pretty confusing unless you know exactly what you're doing, so any feedback about possible ways or "ideal ways to navigate maps" are always welcome. It's important for the tool to be accessible to everyone.

By the way, version 1.7.0 is progressing well. I've been fighting a bit to get scripts working, but now they work like 90% of the time. It's only a viewer, though. I have also added a sound file list, which will be practical for scripts and headers

Awesome spiky! Keep up the work, because who knows maybe one day this tool can do almost everything for 4th gen hacking. And then later on maybe another 5th gen hacking tool similar to this one will come out.
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I'm having a bit of a problem.

I tried importing the upstairs of the Pallet Town room from HG/SS into Pokemon Platinum, replacing the player's bedroom. I made sure I exported everything possible from HeartGold and imported it into Platinum, being move permissions, the map model, the tileset textures, everything. It looks fine in the Map Editor, but when I test it in-game, it looks like this:

Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that the bedroom Tileset was actually Tileset 20, not Tileset 3. However I still have another problem:

EDIT: nevermind again, I figured out that it's just a matter of changing the model numbers.

I have a suggestion for the tool: Include a Ctrl+F search function in the model list

EDIT: lmao this tool is amazing, this is what I've done so far on a Platinum ROM:

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; January 27th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:53 PM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Will there come a Pokémon Black and White version of Spiky's DS Map Editor? That is an amazing idea!
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Will there come a Pokémon Black and White version of Spiky's DS Map Editor? That is an amazing idea!
Gen V support is planned for the future. But there won't be any branches, everything will be included in a single tool, hence the inclusion of "DS" in the tool's name

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
There is already NPRE which can indeed edit the maps in Black/White, though it does actually lack in the way of map rendering in the latest build. If I was a programmer, I could've switched the 3D render to the one that's used in MKDS Course Modifier.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM
VERGUNDAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
There is already NPRE which can indeed edit the maps in Black/White, though it does actually lack in the way of map rendering in the latest build. If I was a programmer, I could've switched the 3D render to the one that's used in MKDS Course Modifier.
So, MKDS does'nt work for some reason, Light vector errors in BWB2W2?!? what actually cause this?
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Which are the new feature in version 1.7.0?
Just curious :D

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Quote:
Gen V support is planned for the future. But there won't be any branches, everything will be included in a single tool, hence the inclusion of "DS" in the tool's name
Cool! Then we could really port maps from BW to DPPtHgSs and conversely. AND we can research how the movement permissions in Castelia City, and the camera positions on the Skyarrow Bridge really work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Which are the new feature in version 1.7.0?
Just curious :D
I don't think Gen V support will be in 1.7.0. Maybe in 2.0.0. I can't judge, but SDSME is a very big step in NDS ROM hacking!

Last edited by gatarda; February 3rd, 2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:44 PM
VERGUNDAI

Quote:
Cool! Then we could really port maps from BW to DPPtHgSs and conversely. AND we can research how the movement permissions in Castelia City, and the camera positions on the Skyarrow Bridge really work!

I don't think Gen V support will be in 1.7.0. Maybe in 2.0.0. I can't judge, but SDSME is a very big step in NDS ROM hacking!

I'd rather have it like this:

SPDSME should stay Gen IV, since we've added a lot of features into it already, and we still need to research on bugs and stuff about it.

I prefer making a 5th gen editor, apart from this, because you'll mainly focus on 5th Gen. Like calling it Spiky's V Gen editor.(SVG)

And BTW if you think about XYZ, compared to all of these it will take years to make something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
I'm having a bit of a problem.

I tried importing the upstairs of the Pallet Town room from HG/SS into Pokemon Platinum, replacing the player's bedroom. I made sure I exported everything possible from HeartGold and imported it into Platinum, being move permissions, the map model, the tileset textures, everything. It looks fine in the Map Editor, but when I test it in-game, it looks like this:

Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that the bedroom Tileset was actually Tileset 20, not Tileset 3. However I still have another problem:

EDIT: nevermind again, I figured out that it's just a matter of changing the model numbers.

I have a suggestion for the tool: Include a Ctrl+F search function in the model list

EDIT: lmao this tool is amazing, this is what I've done so far on a Platinum ROM:

Wow, restarting DarkViolet?

I've remember your beta on this, but I thought you gave up on it.

Well, i was thinking about making a Firered and Leafgreen remakes, but tons of people are trying so hard to accomplish it. Then in the end everyone who tries to remake it fails.

Firered and Leafgreen remakes are my side-works because they are all ready easy to edit.

It you need help, I'll be availble for scripting only. (BTW why not use a HGSS Rom?) but I like your idea, lets try to see HGSS Maps in different 3D Angles.

Last edited by VERGUNDAI; February 3rd, 2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

This is great cant wait to open it up!
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Quote:
I'd rather have it like this:

SPDSME should stay Gen IV, since we've added a lot of features into it already, and we still need to research on bugs and stuff about it.

I prefer making a 5th gen editor, apart from this, because you'll mainly focus on 5th Gen. Like calling it Spiky's V Gen editor.(SVG)

And BTW if you think about XYZ, compared to all of these it will take years to make something like that.
I think it's better if the 4th and 5th Generation map editor will stay ONE tool.
Old February 5th, 2013, 01:27 PM
xalien95
Creator of Pkmn Omicron [ITA]

Send a message via Skype™ to xalien95
Quote:
I think it's better if the 4th and 5th Generation map editor will stay ONE tool.
With SDSME you'll be able to edit scripts, so battles with trainers.
Do you want to have triple battles things on 4th gen games? eheheh
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:06 PM
VERGUNDAI

Darn, is this a new error, i haven't touched this ROM since map editing.

Quote:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18033 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SDSME
Assembly Version: 1.6.2.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.12
Win32 Version: 2.1.0.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
Assembly Version: 2011.10.1.0
Win32 Version: 2011.10.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Never mind found the error, this rom had no MAPS narc file.

Last edited by VERGUNDAI; February 5th, 2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Corrupted NARC File
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Wow, restarting DarkViolet?

I've remember your beta on this, but I thought you gave up on it.

Well, i was thinking about making a Firered and Leafgreen remakes, but tons of people are trying so hard to accomplish it. Then in the end everyone who tries to remake it fails.

Firered and Leafgreen remakes are my side-works because they are all ready easy to edit.

It you need help, I'll be availble for scripting only. (BTW why not use a HGSS Rom?) but I like your idea, lets try to see HGSS Maps in different 3D Angles.
No, I am not restarting DarkViolet. DarkViolet is still a GBA game, and it will remain that way for the time being. Me messing around with 4th Gen maps is just a "what if" kind of thing. Ideally, I would like DarkViolet to be a 4th Gen hack, or even a 5th Gen hack, but then it would never get completed.

DarkViolet will be finished as a FireRed hack, but that doesn't mean I won't work on a DS version afterwords (lol then it would be a remake of a remake), or even work on it secretly alongside the GBA one.

For the the time being, I will continue to experiment with DS hacking, but I won't tackle it full-on until DarkViolet on GBA is finished.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here