• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Why do you love Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2015
Pokemon was my childhood. It started when i took my older sister's Blue version and i crashed it by doing a glitch xD. A little late ri got fire red and i loved it! I love creating a team and all the different combinations you can make. After quite long break off of Pokemon, i recently got back into Pokemon and im loving it even more! :D

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I first got into the anime and I liked it because of the characters. I thought the whole concept behind it was cool.

Now I'm just into the games because they require strategy and because you can use so many different pokemon to build your team, thus giving you several ways to beating the game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Originally because it was a huge fad, and making monsters fight is cool, right?
Nowadays I appreciate the strategic combat and, really, what other RPG offers over 500 playable characters? They might lack personal depth, obviously, but strategically there's as much depth to Pokemon as one wants to see in it.

Last edited:

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
Years
Well, not only is it fun and strategic, it's nostalgic.
I was four when I started to play Pokemon R/B/Y. It was fun even though I didn't know what I was doing.
Being able to have so many different usable characters was awesome and different.
Now, every time I play a newer game, it brings back memories when I first played and how that experience is.
Since then, I've bought and own every dang non-spinoff game and I dont ever regret those purchases.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
My love for pokemon spawned on Christmas, when I was about 5 or 6. My mamaw got all of her grand kids a brand new gameboy volor, and what was one of the newest games around: Pokemon Yellow. Before then, I had only seen the show once or twice, and I had really liked it when it was on! I always thought it was a bit sad that I was never able to really keep up with the show though. but I remember being soooo excited, because I could just play it rather than hope to catch the show. Eventually, I did manage to start keeping up with the so, less so now that I'm 19. But I'd be lying if I said I stopped watching it all together. ;D But unlike the anime, I've been constant with the games, always getting them pretty much as soon as they hit the shelves. The reason for still loving it is not only because of the extreme feeling of nostalgia, but also they're just lovable creatures and the games are simply addicting! :3

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I love Pokémon, simply because, they are my addiction, how they really contributed to my Art, and how widely can we play/watch/whatever with them. I love the team buildup concept, and I love a LOT of Pokémon as such. Their cuteness is adorable, and the ferocity makes them look cool, at the same time. The anime taught me how to take care of my pet xD.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
At first (when I was younger) just watched it since it was fun anime to watch.

Adult life, its been the only show to be with me along happy moments, frustrating moments, sad moments in my life - it took all my negative emotions and made them a positive (I smiled and laughed).

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
As a kid it was THE show. Everyone watched it and talked about it. It was nice how you could talk about your favourite pokemon for hours. Also the games just hit the spot. They felt just awesome. Also I liked the whole training your animals thing. Nowadays I like it becouse of the some unsolved rumors/myths in the games. Ofcourse I still like the basic consept. Travel the world with your pokemon and be the very best.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
I think the key word for me is childhood. Pokemon never left me lol and it gives me such good memories :) Love it! :D

Years
Back then I wanted to be part of a click of some kind in elementary school. (I was all alone then) and I noticed pokemon was popular. so I gave it a try. it really stuck to me and I never got popular but I had fun with it even as I got older. I love animals and powers so both of them together was like the best thing ever. I still love them because its pokemon, I don't really care if people hate on it or if I lose to the TCG game or if I'm the only one in the family who loves it. I love pokemon.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I started liking PKMN because of the games. The first one I've played was Yellow, when I was 4, my cousin had it, and gave it to me. I started to watch the anime too, but stopped since it started to be boring...and when I was 9 I started collecting PKMN cards, but gave to all to my little cousin. I'm not a fan of PKMN cards anymore. But I still play games, and not only because of the games, but when I was 4 I said: "Wow cute creatures. This looks cool." and yeah, that's how I like PKMN.

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
I got into Pokemon when I was around 3-4 years old, my dad introduced me to it..
I first played the games - and watched the anime. I loved them both so much, I think that's why I love it so much - I'm still attached to the original Pokemon :P

I watched the anime with the 2nd generation and stopped after the 3rd. Idk why, just a bigger fan of the older gens.
I've watched every single movie up to the Lucario one (I can't remember what it's called, and I don't care for that one much). I've played/completed every game up to B&W. I've also collected all of the original 1st gen Pokemon cards - every single one :P

I think the reason I love Pokemon is the way it defined my childhood. You would never catch me doing something unrelated - whether it was playing on my Game Boy, trading cards or watching the anime.
Nostalgia.

Back