The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I'm not a big fan of either to be honest ... I usually go without. But if I had to choose, I'd choose headphones. More comfortable and better sound quality.
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Matty Mayhem
Matty :3

Nature: Bold
I like headphones if they are high-quality. However, if they are just cheaply-made headphones, I prefer earphones.
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM
stiles
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
I like the earbuds waaaay better. I get paranoid when I have headphones on that I'm going to miss something important and I never like to wear them in public lol.
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Cenarthul
Unhatched Egg

In-ear headphones are now pretty good in terms of sound quality, so I'd go for that.
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
Just depends on the situation for me. When I'm just relaxing at home I'll use my headphones, but on-the-go I'll use my earphones. I just use a cheap pair of earphones since they seem to break a lot for me. It's not like I need super-high quality on-the-go, just need to be able to lisen to whatever I'm listening to without disturbing others. (Like when I'm playing Pokemon.)
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:18 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I feel like an idiot wearing headphones (and they're painful for some reason), but earbuds fall out of my ears haha. x: So I'm stuck with headphones, though I don't ever wear them in public. Just if I want to listen to music when other people are around.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Neither. I don't like headphones or earphones because I don't listen to music that much, and besides, I don't want to damage my eardrums.

But if I really had to choose, for the sake of this thread, I'm going with headphones.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old January 20th, 2013, 05:25 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
My computer's speakers are broken (magically, they worked like a week ago) so I'm stuck with any listening device I have.

I usually go with my iPod earbuds because it's cool idk it's the only thing I have

Old January 20th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

Earphones for me are usually for on-the-go. But headphones for sound with my computer at home, and because there's a microphone with the headset as well.
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Headphones because I prefer their quality and short-term comfort level more, but mine broke so I've been making due with these earphones recently. The only problem that I have with headphones is after a while they feel like they've been crushing my ears, but that's a tiny price to pay.
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I like earphones for the portability. I can be listening to stuff when I'm travelling, then put them in my pocket when I need to talk to someone without causing a massive fuss or fumbling around trying to appear civilised. When I'm at home, I try and just listen naturally, so I only really use earphones when I'm out: and they're definitely the more practical option.
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
Headphones. They are pretty chunky but they get the job done. Better sound quality from personal experience, outside noises getting blocked and best of all, no leaking music or embarrassing earwax buildup!

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Penta Penguin
Sorting out my mental problems.

I prefer to have headphones rather than earphones, because if you are listening to something quite loud, it's not as loud to other people than if you are wearing earphones.

Looking for a scripter desperately for Pokemon Dark Nebula. If you
would like to help, drop me a PM or VM.
It's a Romhack btw.
~Twitter~ ~Youtube RH~ ~Youtube Music~
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I love listining to music, but I've always wore headphones rather than earphones, even though my Ipod came with a free set of earphones. I just feel that earphones stick too close to your eardrums and, like Laugh said, I wouldn't want to damage them.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Gold warehouse
peanut butter cake lover

Headphones at home because they give louder volume/better quality. Earphones outside because they are more compact.

That's the purpose for both of them so why not use both? I'm not going to wear my fatass headphones outside because I'll look and feel like a tremendous douchebag. It's not like earphones are completely unlistenable.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
If I'm going out somewhere I'll use a pair of earphones because they're smaller and easier to carry than headphones, unless it's my pair of Solo Beats. But if I'm at home then I'd rather use a big pair of headphones for better music quality and bass.
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Holofoil
Unhatched Egg

I like headphones a lot more, the noise cancellation is great.
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I prefer earphones over headphones any day. I just don't like anything covering my entire ear. I feel like I am blocked out from the rest of the world; it also makes my ears super warm, which I don't like, either. :3

Sponsored Links