The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:49 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Let's say that GF had been developing a 3DS version of the original Unova games, and planned to announce/release it around the time 6th generation came out. It'd be just like the originals, so not quite a remake, but rather just fully in 3D, where you really would experience the camera angles and everything else to a greater extent. Would you buy this? Why or why not? Share your thoughts!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:51 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would definitely buy it. I think the bridges would make the most of the 3D. Skyarrow Bridge was already amazing, but in 3D... woah.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
Hmmmmm.... I'll have to consider this one. But a 3DS version would not really pique my interest, although I would definitely love the camera angles if they were slightly improved, from the original games. :3

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
king_nick72
Togepi

Nature: Hasty
id definetly buy it. The main villain team had so much development and their king(and former king in b/w 2) had a really good reason to battle. not to mention when you fought him for the last time he actually had the other legendary like zekrom for black and reshiram for white. also gen 5 is probably my favorite so that s another reason id get it

Current things Im doing:
RP: Pokemon: The zeta emergence
Nuzlocke: Pokemon Platinum
Regular playthrough: Pokemon blaze black 2
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
B/W would have benefited greatly from 3D. I liked it enough without that I would have bought it anyway, but I would also re-buy it in 3D because I really like the 3D effects on the 3DS.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I would have loved a 3DS version of the game given the neat graphics on the Skyarrow Bridge and the environment would look cool, but I don't think I would have been able to afford a 3DS back then or adjust to it quickly. This was why I thought 6th Gen was a perfect time to adapt to the 3DS.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

The reason B2/W2 didn't go to 3DS was obviously because they'd have to allow trading inter-platform, something not planned for B/W. Needless to say, that's why they hurried to get the 3DS Pokémon generation started right on the heels of B2/W2.

Would I buy a separate B/W game there? I'd have to think about it. If anything, it'd be White since I have Black.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:24 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I wouldn't care at all. In my opinion, B/W were weak Pokemon games; I wouldn't buy them again even if they were in 3D.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:35 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
That would be surprising on their part, but nontheless, I would get that game in a heartbeat, imagine Unova, in full 3D.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:29 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Hmm, it really depends. If the story and everything is the same, then I wouldn't really consider getting it. But if there was a tweak in the storyline and some changes, then I guess I'd get it. I really would love to see Castelia in a real 3D system as well as the bridges.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Correspondence

Hmm..that would be nice but i'd hope for some kind of change post E4 because it was just boring in B/W.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Personally I wouldn't buy it as I got bored after doing the eight gym leader.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I'd HAVE to buy it. I'm so excited for X/Y, and a large part of that is the 3D aspect of it. And just to imagine seeing all the cute pokemon fleshed out in 3D! Also, Unova had a lot of awesome cutscenes and the like, so Id love to see that in 3D, like the closing of the Driftveil Drawbridge or when Zekrom/Reshiram awaken. And to see Unova from all angles instead of from above would make it feel like an entirely new game. However, I'd want to buy the new generation first, as it has new pokemon and a new storyline etc. But I'd definitely buy BW 3D right after! :D
Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Castform

Unova is one of if not the most Beautiful regions ever. i would have to see it in 3D especially all the scenes OMG! I would definitely buy it. I want it just thinking about it.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I would probably get X and Y first, then farther down the road after the BW 3D titles came down, maybe? I don't really like buying both versions much anymore and I think it would feel like that...

Honestly though I think I'm actually leaning towards a no.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Thinking further, I'd much prefer a Hoenn remake. It was the last generation released with top-down mapping.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here