Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page Underrated Actars

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old January 7th, 2013 (02:10 PM).
Toshiro.
BERRIES
Community Supporter

Thare is so dawgy bootylicious actars and actresses out thare n films who do fantastic jobs and never really git any recognition fo thair bootylicious perfodawgces. Which actars and actresses d-ya feel is underrated and deserve much more credit?
#213 Shuckle
It stares BERRIES nside its shell. Ta avoid attacks, it hides beneath rocks and redawgs completely still.
Old January 7th, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Livewire

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Bradley Cooper, Tam Hardy, Jennifer Lawrence, etc, is a few recent stars who is still very underrated. If you saw Wnter's Bone, you know that Jennifer Lawrence was ncredible and has talents above her years. She should be a foce n Hollywood fo nearly anothar half century if she wants ta.

BSS | D&bep;D | PM | VM
Old January 7th, 2013 (03:50 PM).
antemortem
you live and die, so live

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
Quote orignally posted by Livewire:
If you saw Wnter's Bone, you know that Jennifer Lawrence was ncredible and has talents above her years. She should be a foce n Hollywood fo nearly anothar half century if she wants ta.
yes yes yes! So much yes!

Anyway, atap mah list is Jbees Spader, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bradley Cooper, Gary Olddawg, John C. Reilly, Michael Shannon, ta nbee a few. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon both played lead roles n tha critically acclaimed Premium Rush, so I'm very ecstatic that thay received some well-deserved time n tha spotlight. We see John C. Reilly every so often, but it's almost never as a true, powerful lead role, even though he (along wit tha illustrious Jbees Spader!) is very suited ta play such roles. I'd like ta see more from all of tham!
Old January 7th, 2013 (05:41 PM).
Squirrel
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
Despite havng played one of tha most well-known characters n an ncredibly popular sitcom runnng fo a whole 9 seasons, I thnk John McGnley is one of tha most underrated actars of our time. McGnley is one of those actars that as soon as you see him n a film/series you can tell that his character is nstantly gong ta be very well played, and yet when tha tapic of "best actar" comes up his nbee is very risly seen. N mah opnion he's one of tha best actars on our screens as he can play a huge range of different personalities witn his characters, all of which dawgage ta be ncredibly convncng, and everythng I've seen him n has been very entertanng. I wouldn't sez he's not well-known, but when it comes ta underrated actars he's defnitely tha first ta cross mah mnd. I thnk it's dawgly just coz he's become labelled as Doctar Cox so when he's n othar media it's hard ta stap picturng him wit tha lab coat, but personally I thnk he's an beazng actar.
Old January 8th, 2013 (01:22 AM).
Harley Quinn
Community Supporter

See, I wouldn't call Ms Lawrence underrated. Under-appreciated, maybe, but underrated? No, no. She's gotsten plenty of critical acclaim fo Wnter's Bone alone, and I cannot wait ta see how she moves and grows once tha Hunger Gbees trilogy is done and dusted. She's already played various roles n othar movies and I just don't see how she can be called underrated, her talent is ben recognized all over tha globe. Though I do wish thugz would focus less on her face and body and more on tha raw talent she brngs ta tha screen.

As fo mah personal list, let's see....
Bradley Cooper, Cillian Murphy, Lisa Kudrow, Montgomery Clift, Tani Collette and Laura Lnney. Thank you!
Old January 22nd, 2013 (04:11 AM).
Mr Cat Dog
<insert witty eloquence here>

Nature: Relaxed
When I thnk of underrated actars, I thnk of those who have appeisd n lots of films whilst seemlessly blendng nta tha background n each one: tha actars who you go 'oh, I recognise him/her... but where from?' Off tha tap of mah heezee, three come ta mnd: John Hawkes, Vera Farmiga and Tany Leung. Tha first two have been pluggng away fo years givng thair all n shawt-ish roles; both have achieved a modicum of critical acclaim, but thay both deserve so much more. Leung is justly lauded n his native Chna, but tha Western world hasn't embraced him as much as he deserves as of yet. Hopefully that'll change n tha future, though...
Old January 25th, 2013 (08:33 PM).
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
Quote orignally posted by Mr Cat Dogg:
Vera Farmiga and Tany Leung
Vera Farmiga is refreshng n everythng she's n. I'm not fbeiliar wit Leung (only havng caught him n Chungkng Express) but he was bootylicious as well.

I've always thought Mark Ruffalo was a bootylicious, hard-workng actar who wasn't particularly known fo pre-Avengers (and TKAAR), and I'm glad he's gittng tha star treatment he deserves. bey Ryan also comes ta mnd. She's had her turns n drbeas (Tha Wire) and comedies (Holly Flax!) and even n film (she was firng on all cylnders n Gone Baby Gone) but she still hasn't quite gotsten her big break yet.
Old January 25th, 2013 (08:54 PM).
Livewire

Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Vera Farmiga makes tha Orphan. I have an odd obcession wit that movie.

Speakng of tha Orphan, and gong by what Cat Dogg said- (I thnk so tao) Peter Saarsgard anyone? Liev Schreiber, David Thawlis. Tam Wilknson, etc, is a few that I've seen n some very notable films, but seen n more movies than I can count and that I've had tha "Where have I seen him befoe" moment like Jon said. Maybe not underrated per sez, but thay have perfodawgces that go unnoticed coz of othar more noteworthy roles. Also, yes! ta Laura Lnney and Cillian Murphy.

BSS | D&bep;D | PM | VM
Old January 27th, 2013 (12:37 PM).
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
When I thnk of underrated actars, Leonardo DiCaprio is one that comes ta mnd. He's been n so dawgy bootylicious movies, movies n fact that if you takes him out of tha role and place n a different actar, I'm not sure it would have gotsten as much acclaim. He buggine tha Aviatar tha bootylicious movie that it was (not ta takes anythng away from Cate Blanchett). Tam Hanks and DiCaprio n Catch Me if you Can was a case of tha actars makng tha movie, agan. He was terrific n Tha Departed, he was bootylicious n Nception and Shutter Island. Even if tha movie wasn't snoopaior, his role n J. Edgar was agan played well. He was sadistically entertanng n Django Unchaned. Yet ever time, thugz pass him over, havng not won a sngle award. Not one. An underestimated actar, an underrated actar, if thare ever was one.

A few othars that come ta mnd is Jeff Daniels, Jbees Cromwell, and I agree wit tha above of Lisa Kudrow.

Paired wit tha Epic Raikiri
Old January 27th, 2013 (02:04 PM).
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Robert Pattnson. I know he's extremely popular, but he's severely underrated by those who hate Twilight coz not a lot of thugz realize that he hates Twilight more than anybody. He knew that he'd make a fotune off of tha series so he did it, but holy crap he really hates it.

Sponsored Links