The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:20 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I can't seem to compile this, I keep getting the error "Unknown keyword "" at line 129" Any ideas?

In XSE, line 129 is empty.

This is a script for Fire Red.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
applymovement 0x1 @Oh
msgbox @Og 0x6
waitmovement 0x1
applymovement 0xFF @Wall
waitmovement 0xFF
applymovement 0x1 @Pall
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Fae 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @Have
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x1 @Moe
applymovement 0xFF @Moe
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x1 @Prof
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Rap 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @Mall
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x11 @Dall
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Ae 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Fall
msgbox @Mark 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Ad
msgbox @Tae 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Bad
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Sar 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Ad
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Thar 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Bad
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Far 0x6
msgbox @Far2 0x6
msgbox @Yer 0x6
release
end

#org @Oh
#raw 0x3
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @Og
= Oh!

#org @Wall
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE

#org @Pall
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @Fae
= AIDE: Welcome to Professor Oak's\nlab.\p[Player]: You mean CERN, right?\pAIDE: For the last time, this\nisn't CERN.\p[PLAYER]: Yeah, yeah. Anyway, I'm here\nto see the professor.\pAIDE: ...Right this way.

#org @Have
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @Moe
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @Prof
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

#org @Rap
= AIDE: Professor? Are you heading\nout?\pOAK: Yes. Do you need something?\pAIDE: [PLAYER] is here to see you.\pOAK: I see. You can go.\pAIDE: Yes, sir.

#org @Mall
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @Dall
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @Ae
= OAK: To what do I owe this\npleasure, [PLAYER]?\p[Player]: Well, I came to learn more\nabout time travel, and I thought\lyou, of all people, would know.\pOAK: What about it do you want to\nknow?\p[PLAYER]: Well, [RIVAL] mentioned that\n"Extra-Dimensional\lTravel"...whatever that is, is not\lpossible via time travel. Is this\ltrue?\pOAK: Well, yes. You have to think\nof time travel as more restricted\lthan that...

#org @Fall
#raw 0x2
#raw 0x3
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @Mark
= Take those three pokeballs, for\nexample.

#org @Ad
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @Bad
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @Tae
= In those pokeballs are three\npokemon.\pOne thing to note,\nhowever, is that those pokemon\lcannot escape the pokeballs of\ltheir volition.\p[Player]: So how does this relate to\ntime travel?\pOAK: Let us use the pokeballs as\nan example for a universe. So-\p[Player]: Hold on, hold on.

#org @Sar
= [Player]: You said "a universe", are you\nimplying that there is more than\lone universe out there?\pOAK: For the sake of your line of\nquestioning, yes.\pBack to the example.

#org @Thar
= The pokemon in those pokeballs\ncannot move freely between their\lpokeballs.\lIf they try to, it\lwill be a futile effort because\lthe distance between them and the\lborders of the pokeball is, for\ldiscussion's sake,
infinte.\p[PLAYER]: Isn't that why so many people\nbelieve that there is only one\luniverse?\lIt is in the name, after all.

#org @Far
= OAK: Yes. The idea of multiple\n'uni'verses, and infinite ones at\lthat, is almost inconceivable.\pHowever, one thing to note about\nthose pokeballs is that they are\lsealed.\lThey have their own unique pokemon\ljust as our universes supposedly\lhave their own unique laws of\lspace and time.\lWe do not share the same, what we\lcall 'facets of reality', as other\luniverses do.\pBut what if there were to be a\ncrack in the universe?\p[PLAYER]: You mean like a wormhole or a\nblack hole?\pOAK: Right on the money.\pThough, I
should note that black\nholes are not 'rips in the\lspace-time continuum', but are\linstead the result of stars\lcollapsing into themselves and\lcreating a compressed area called\la 'singularity' where only gravity\lexists.\p[Player]: ...This...this is too much...\pOAK: Stay with me. Now, one can\ntechnically 'travel through time'\lif they were somehow able to sail\lon the event horizon of a black\lhole.\p[Player]: Wouldn't they get sucked in?

#org @Far2
= OAK: Now you understand why time\ntravel is but a dream.\pIf one were to sail close to the\nevent horizon, they would\lperceive, and even feel the\leffects of time progression at a\lmuch slower rate than normal due\lto the gravitational field.\p[PLAYER]: In other words, time is slower\nfor them?\pOAK: Exactly.\pNow, the reason people suspect\nthat one can travel to other\ldimensions, though not necessarily\luniverses, with a black hole is\lbecause a black hole is a\lsingularity.\pIn other words, it is an infinite\npoint, and inside that point, the\llaws of physics do not apply.\p[PLAYER]: So this goes back to not\ncontaining our "facets of\lreality"?\pOAK: Yes.\pA wormhole, on the other hand, is\nlike the "crack" that I mentioned\learlier.\lIt is, supposedly, a rip in the\lspace-time continuum that works as\la tunnel to other universes.\lThe problem with wormholes,\lhowever, is that they have not\lbeen proven to exist.\pDoes that answer your question?

#org @Yer
= [PLAYER]: Well, I guess my real question\nwould be this:\lIs it possible to go back into the\lpast without becoming incredibly\lcompressed, unusable, or\lrecognizable?\pOAK: No, sadly. There is no such\nmethod to do so.\pOne could time travel, if only for\nan astronomically short time from\lour perspective, if they were to\lgo close to the event horizon of a\lblack hole.\lHowever, they would no doubt be\lsucked in.\p[PLAYER]: Is it possible with the LHC?\pOAK: Hm...I see that you are\nreferring to the mini-black hole\lthat the LHC can produce.\p...\p...\pI would speculate that, if someone\nwere able to reverse the effects\lof one's sailing close to the\levent horizon...yes, we could.\lThough I do not feel that it will\lbe for a long time.\p[PLAYER]: Well thank you for your time,\nprofessor. I really appreciate\lit.\pOAK: The pleasure is all mine.\pTake care.
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:36 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I can't seem to compile this, I keep getting the error "Unknown keyword "" at line 129" Any ideas?

In XSE, line 129 is empty.

This is a script for Fire Red.

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
applymovement 0x1 @Oh
msgbox @Og 0x6
waitmovement 0x1
applymovement 0xFF @Wall
waitmovement 0xFF
applymovement 0x1 @Pall
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Fae 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @Have
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x1 @Moe
applymovement 0xFF @Moe
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x1 @Prof
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Rap 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @Mall
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x11 @Dall
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Ae 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Fall
msgbox @Mark 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Ad
msgbox @Tae 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Bad
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Sar 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Ad
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Thar 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @Bad
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @Far 0x6
msgbox @Far2 0x6
msgbox @Yer 0x6
release
end

#org @Oh
#raw 0x3
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @Og
= Oh!

#org @Wall
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE

#org @Pall
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @Fae
= AIDE: Welcome to Professor Oak's\nlab.\p[Player]: You mean CERN, right?\pAIDE: For the last time, this\nisn't CERN.\p[PLAYER]: Yeah, yeah. Anyway, I'm here\nto see the professor.\pAIDE: ...Right this way.

#org @Have
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @Moe
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @Prof
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

#org @Rap
= AIDE: Professor? Are you heading\nout?\pOAK: Yes. Do you need something?\pAIDE: [PLAYER] is here to see you.\pOAK: I see. You can go.\pAIDE: Yes, sir.

#org @Mall
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @Dall
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @Ae
= OAK: To what do I owe this\npleasure, [PLAYER]?\p[Player]: Well, I came to learn more\nabout time travel, and I thought\lyou, of all people, would know.\pOAK: What about it do you want to\nknow?\p[PLAYER]: Well, [RIVAL] mentioned that\n"Extra-Dimensional\lTravel"...whatever that is, is not\lpossible via time travel. Is this\ltrue?\pOAK: Well, yes. You have to think\nof time travel as more restricted\lthan that...

#org @Fall
#raw 0x2
#raw 0x3
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @Mark
= Take those three pokeballs, for\nexample.

#org @Ad
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @Bad
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @Tae
= In those pokeballs are three\npokemon.\pOne thing to note,\nhowever, is that those pokemon\lcannot escape the pokeballs of\ltheir volition.\p[Player]: So how does this relate to\ntime travel?\pOAK: Let us use the pokeballs as\nan example for a universe. So-\p[Player]: Hold on, hold on.

#org @Sar
= [Player]: You said "a universe", are you\nimplying that there is more than\lone universe out there?\pOAK: For the sake of your line of\nquestioning, yes.\pBack to the example.

#org @Thar
= The pokemon in those pokeballs\ncannot move freely between their\lpokeballs.\lIf they try to, it\lwill be a futile effort because\lthe distance between them and the\lborders of the pokeball is, for\ldiscussion's sake,
infinte.\p[PLAYER]: Isn't that why so many people\nbelieve that there is only one\luniverse?\lIt is in the name, after all.

#org @Far
= OAK: Yes. The idea of multiple\n'uni'verses, and infinite ones at\lthat, is almost inconceivable.\pHowever, one thing to note about\nthose pokeballs is that they are\lsealed.\lThey have their own unique pokemon\ljust as our universes supposedly\lhave their own unique laws of\lspace and time.\lWe do not share the same, what we\lcall 'facets of reality', as other\luniverses do.\pBut what if there were to be a\ncrack in the universe?\p[PLAYER]: You mean like a wormhole or a\nblack hole?\pOAK: Right on the money.\pThough, I
should note that black\nholes are not 'rips in the\lspace-time continuum', but are\linstead the result of stars\lcollapsing into themselves and\lcreating a compressed area called\la 'singularity' where only gravity\lexists.\p[Player]: ...This...this is too much...\pOAK: Stay with me. Now, one can\ntechnically 'travel through time'\lif they were somehow able to sail\lon the event horizon of a black\lhole.\p[Player]: Wouldn't they get sucked in?

#org @Far2
= OAK: Now you understand why time\ntravel is but a dream.\pIf one were to sail close to the\nevent horizon, they would\lperceive, and even feel the\leffects of time progression at a\lmuch slower rate than normal due\lto the gravitational field.\p[PLAYER]: In other words, time is slower\nfor them?\pOAK: Exactly.\pNow, the reason people suspect\nthat one can travel to other\ldimensions, though not necessarily\luniverses, with a black hole is\lbecause a black hole is a\lsingularity.\pIn other words, it is an infinite\npoint, and inside that point, the\llaws of physics do not apply.\p[PLAYER]: So this goes back to not\ncontaining our "facets of\lreality"?\pOAK: Yes.\pA wormhole, on the other hand, is\nlike the "crack" that I mentioned\learlier.\lIt is, supposedly, a rip in the\lspace-time continuum that works as\la tunnel to other universes.\lThe problem with wormholes,\lhowever, is that they have not\lbeen proven to exist.\pDoes that answer your question?

#org @Yer
= [PLAYER]: Well, I guess my real question\nwould be this:\lIs it possible to go back into the\lpast without becoming incredibly\lcompressed, unusable, or\lrecognizable?\pOAK: No, sadly. There is no such\nmethod to do so.\pOne could time travel, if only for\nan astronomically short time from\lour perspective, if they were to\lgo close to the event horizon of a\lblack hole.\lHowever, they would no doubt be\lsucked in.\p[PLAYER]: Is it possible with the LHC?\pOAK: Hm...I see that you are\nreferring to the mini-black hole\lthat the LHC can produce.\p...\p...\pI would speculate that, if someone\nwere able to reverse the effects\lof one's sailing close to the\levent horizon...yes, we could.\lThough I do not feel that it will\lbe for a long time.\p[PLAYER]: Well thank you for your time,\nprofessor. I really appreciate\lit.\pOAK: The pleasure is all mine.\pTake care.
I can't replicate that error and I can't ever recall something like this happening. I'd suggest shifting the parts of your script around and see if you can fill line 129 with something. The easiest thing to do this is probably putting your big block of applymovements/ msgboxes at the end of the script.

Hopefully that stops XSE from glitching out but I'm really not sure what caused this in the first place :/
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:05 AM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
I can't replicate that error and I can't ever recall something like this happening. I'd suggest shifting the parts of your script around and see if you can fill line 129 with something. The easiest thing to do this is probably putting your big block of applymovements/ msgboxes at the end of the script.

Hopefully that stops XSE from glitching out but I'm really not sure what caused this in the first place :/
Thanks for the help, Fuji.

I tried it out, but sadly, it didn't work. However, one thing I did notice is that where @Far went, the error always followed. For instance, say the following lines were 127 (the pointer), 128 (the text), and 129 (the blank line):
Spoiler:
#org @Far
= OAK: Yes. The idea of multiple\n'uni'verses, and infinite ones at\lthat, is almost inconceivable.\p*snip*

The error would occur on 129. If I moved those same 3 lines (or even just the two containing the pointer and text) to a different location, regardless of what is in the following line, it would give me the same error.

I then tried removing @Far, and low and behold, it compiled...which is a problem, since that's one of my most important text strings.

Any idea on why this is happening?
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:12 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:

I tried it out, but sadly, it didn't work. However, one thing I did notice is that where @Far went, the error always followed. For instance, say the following lines were 127 (the pointer), 128 (the text), and 129 (the blank line):
Spoiler:
#org @Far
= OAK: Yes. The idea of multiple\n'uni'verses, and infinite ones at\lthat, is almost inconceivable.\p*snip*

The error would occur on 129. If I moved those same 3 lines (or even just the two containing the pointer and text) to a different location, regardless of what is in the following line, it would give me the same error.

I then tried removing @Far, and low and behold, it compiled...which is a problem, since that's one of my most important text strings.

I noticed that when I attempted to compile it, there were points at which the enter/return (depending on your keyboard) had been hit to go to the next line in the middle of a text. These caused errors in similar areas. Are you sure that every single set of text is just on one line?

Other than that, it compiled just fine.

Paired with Simba
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:36 AM
SpadeEdge16

Quote:

Spoiler:
#org @Far

I've also had this same problem happen to me, basically if I have some kind of small mistake with the text, I'll go back and fix it, but then when I compile it, the unknown keyword will show up like it did for you. I've even tried deleting the line with the error, then it'll just go to the next line with the redone text. I've tried copy and pasting it into a new script, same problem. Basically all you can really do is just make the whole script over again. At least that's what worked for me. I don't know any technical reasons as to what causes it though.
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM
thetripplenine

Spoiler:
'-----------------------
#org 0x9C0B77
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto 0x88000B2
msgbox 0x8845E7E '"A Riolu is in a Pokéball.\pDo you w..."
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8845D18
msgbox 0x88000E9 '"Well it doesn't seem right, is this..."
callstd 0x6
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x8000B2
msgbox 0x8800154 '"Really you want another one!"
callstd 0x6
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x845D18
givepokemon 0x27 0x5 0x8B 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x8845D4D '"\c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!"
callstd 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800
msgbox 0x8845D62 '"\c\h01ÊNickname this RIOLU?"
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x88000AB
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x8000AB
call 0x81A0678
return

'-----------------------
#org 0x1A0678
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x845E7E
= A Riolu is in a Pokéball.\pDo you want a Riolu?

#org 0x8000E9
= Well it doesn't seem right, is this\nan initiation?

#org 0x800154
= Really you want another one!

#org 0x845D4D
= \c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!

#org 0x845D62
= \c\h01ÊNickname this RIOLU?

Whenever I say yes to nickname it goes to the image of a clock. Help please...
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:25 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetripplenine View Post
Spoiler:
'-----------------------
#org 0x9C0B77
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto 0x88000B2
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8845D18
callstd 0x6
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x8000B2
callstd 0x6
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x845D18
fanfare 0x13E
callstd 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x88000AB
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x8000AB
call 0x81A0678
return

'-----------------------
#org 0x1A0678
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x845E7E

#org 0x8000E9

#org 0x800154

#org 0x845D4D
= \c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!

#org 0x845D62

Whenever I say yes to nickname it goes to the image of a clock. Help please...
What game are you hacking?
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:29 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
What game are you hacking?
He must be hacking Ruby because no special in FireRed documented by JPAN brings up a clock, and there is no clock in FireRed to begin with.

Paired with Simba
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:33 PM
thetripplenine

The game i'm hacking is emerald.

Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:53 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
The game i'm hacking is emerald.
So close... Many of the specials are different on Emerald. Special 0xA1 will nickname a pokemon for you. Try looking at scripts which you know contain the given special to find their new numbers.

Paired with Simba
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
So close... Many of the specials are different on Emerald. Special 0xA1 will nickname a pokemon for you. Try looking at scripts which you know contain the given special to find their new numbers.
Even in Fire Red I found my nickname special only works sometimes. Any idea why that is? Like it works I'd say half the time and randomly. Script doesn't crash or anything but it doesn't name the Pokemon (the nick name screen comes up with a ??? rather than the Pokemon mini-sprite-overworld thing). I can only assume I'm supposed to do more in the script than just calling the nickname special.

Any idea why that is?

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
karatekid552

The nickname special read the pokemon position from var 0x8004, where 0x0 is your first slot. If this is set to a slot where there is no pokemon, it will still try to name it. This is all I can think is happening.

Paired with Simba
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:34 PM
thetripplenine

And now it's not even letting me receive the Pokemon, fun..

Spoiler:
'-----------------------
#org 0x9C0B77
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto 0x88000B2
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8845D18
callstd 0x6
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x8000B2
callstd 0x6
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x845D18
fanfare 0x13E
callstd 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800
special 0xA1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x88000AB
bufferitem 0x8 0x1FC
if 0xC0 call 0xD8E2E9E3
nop
cmdD5 0xCC00
cmdC3 0xC9
bufferboxname 0xCF 0xFFAB
checkcoins 0xC64B

'-----------------------
#org 0x8000AB
call 0x81A0678
'-----------------------
#org 0x1A0678
fadescreen 0x1

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x845E7E

#org 0x8000E9

#org 0x800154

#org 0x845D4D
= \c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!

#org 0x845D62

Proof that this doesn't let me get the actual pokemon, it's actually really small, click it to make it bigger...
Lol MB

Last edited by DrFuji; January 26th, 2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:22 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
And now it's not even letting me receive the Pokemon, fun..

Spoiler:
'-----------------------
#org 0x9C0B77
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto 0x88000B2
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8845D18
callstd 0x6
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x8000B2
callstd 0x6
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x845D18
fanfare 0x13E
callstd 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800
special 0xA1
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x88000AB
bufferitem 0x8 0x1FC
if 0xC0 call 0xD8E2E9E3
nop
cmdD5 0xCC00
cmdC3 0xC9
bufferboxname 0xCF 0xFFAB
checkcoins 0xC64B

'-----------------------
#org 0x8000AB
call 0x81A0678
'-----------------------
#org 0x1A0678
fadescreen 0x1

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x845E7E

#org 0x8000E9

#org 0x800154

#org 0x845D4D
= \c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!

#org 0x845D62

Proof that this doesn't let me get the actual pokemon, it's actually really small, click it to make it bigger...
Lol MB
It looks like you've overwritten your initial script without re-pointing the parts of it which you have expanded in this revised version. This is because your offsets haven't changed (your scripts both start at the offset 0x9C0B77) and has led to your script becoming garbled later on. Unless you're doing minor edits (that don't increase the overall length) to an already inserted script then you should be using dynamic offsets like how you originally inserted the script rather than using the decompiled version.

Also, you seem to be using an early version of XSE. Here's a link to XSE 1.1.1 which is far less buggy and alters a few things such as the msgbox commands.

With that, try inserting this with the new version of XSE:

Code:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto @AnotherPokemon
msgbox @WantRiolu? 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @TakeRiolu
msgbox @Initiation 0x2
release
end

#org @AnotherPokemon
msgbox @WantAnother? 0x2
release
end

#org @TakeRiolu
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @FoundRiolu 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800
msgbox @NicknameRiolu? 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 call @Nickname
release
end

#org @Nickname
fadescreen 0x1
special 0xA1
waitstate
return

#org @WantRiolu?

#org @Initiation

#org @WantAnother?

#org @FoundRilolu
= \c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!

#org @NicknameRiolu?
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM
thetripplenine

Quote:
It looks like you've overwritten your initial script without re-pointing the parts of it which you have expanded in this revised version. This is because your offsets haven't changed (your scripts both start at the offset 0x9C0B77) and has led to your script becoming garbled later on. Unless you're doing minor edits (that don't increase the overall length) to an already inserted script then you should be using dynamic offsets like how you originally inserted the script rather than using the decompiled version.

With that, try inserting this with the new version of XSE:

Code:
#dynamic 0x9C0000

#org @start
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto @AnotherPokemon
msgbox @WantRiolu? 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @TakeRiolu
msgbox @Initiation 0x2
release
end

#org @AnotherPokemon
msgbox @WantAnother? 0x2
release
end

#org @TakeRiolu
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @FoundRiolu 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x800
msgbox @NicknameRiolu? 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 call @Nickname
release
end

#org @Nickname
fadescreen 0x1
special 0xA1
waitstate
return

#org @WantRiolu?

#org @Initiation

#org @WantAnother?

#org @FoundRilolu
= \c\h01ÊFound a RIOLU!

#org @NicknameRiolu?
Now it just doesnt work, but i think it's because there has to be three of them for three different pokemon...

Fully Grown Dragons:
Spoiler:

Last edited by thetripplenine; January 27th, 2013 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:47 PM
CosmicBlazer
Batman

I'm using XSE and i put this in

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hey, Lj.

However when I put the offset into the advance map sprite and talk to it it just gives a bleep sound and no msgbox appears. Please help.

Sorry for double posting but I fixed it I needed to download XSE 1.1.1 I guess I had a older version of XSE. So I got it.

Last edited by CosmicBlazer; January 27th, 2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:09 PM
butterflye
Dancing on the rainbow lane

Nature: Calm
Hi, I just started the scripting and I need help.
I use the Ruby game. I make a givepokemon script and I follow the diegoisawesome's tutorial. It works, but to a point. When I click "Yes", box with Yes / No disappears, but the game freezes. (Here's the screenshot img841.imageshack.us/img841/4355/eeekp.png). Does anyone have an idea what is the reason?

Here's my script:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0xD00523

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @take
givepokemon 0x376 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= You! Come here. Remember, what I\nsaid. Here, take this Absol. He\lseems to loved you, but I don't\lknow, how he can make it.

#org @2
= Humph. You have no heart.

#org @3
= [black_rs]You received a Absol!

#org @4
= [black_rs]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Absol?

#org @5
= Better not hurt him!

#org @6
= I hope Absol is fine.

Supports:
Spoiler:
| |

Old January 27th, 2013, 01:26 PM
thetripplenine

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflye View Post
Hi, I just started the scripting and I need help.
I use the Ruby game. I make a givepokemon script and I follow the diegoisawesome's tutorial. It works, but to a point. When I click "Yes", box with Yes / No disappears, but the game freezes. (Here's the screenshot img841.imageshack.us/img841/4355/eeekp.png). Does anyone have an idea what is the reason?

Here's my script:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x90000000

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @take
givepokemon 0x178 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= You! Come here. Remember, what I\nsaid. Here, take this Absol. He\lseems to loved you, but I don't\lknow, how he can make it.

#org @2

#org @3

#org @4

#org @5
= Better not hurt him!

#org @6
= I hope Absol is fine.
Tell me if this Helps

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0xD00523

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @take
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

#org @3

#org @4

#org @5
= Better not hurt him!

#org @6
= I hope Absol is fine.
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:48 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Quote:
It says type mismatch on line 21 and that's with the new xse...

the problem may have just been that there's three of them...
It doesn't work because I accidentally misspelled Riolu on that dynamic pointer so it didn't know where to connect. After correcting that it compiled perfectly in my XSE :P
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:06 PM
thetripplenine

Quote:
It doesn't work because I accidentally misspelled Riolu on that dynamic pointer so it didn't know where to connect. After correcting that it compiled perfectly in my XSE
So i opened emerald and tried it, and I tried out the script but nothing happened
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:29 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
So i opened emerald and tried it, and I tried out the script but nothing happened
When you say "nothing happened", what exactly do you mean by "nothing"? Did the script just not activate? Did the game freeze?
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:33 PM
thetripplenine

Quote:
When you say "nothing happened", what exactly do you mean by "nothing"? Did the script just not activate? Did the game freeze?
When i say nothing happened i mean i clicked the Pokeball and no script popped up or getting a pokemon or anything.
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Oh, and thanks for the help Fuji, Karatekid, and SpadeEdge. I ended up resolving the issue with my script by rewriting the line with the error and splitting it up into three different pointers.
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:17 AM
butterflye
Dancing on the rainbow lane

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Tell me if this Helps

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0xD00523

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @take
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

#org @3

#org @4

#org @5
= Better not hurt him!

#org @6
= I hope Absol is fine.
No, it did not help. To be honest, I don't see also difference between your script and mine. Anyway, I tried to use other tutorials, I added also "lock" and "faceplayer", but still the game freezes when I select "Yes". Here's the script with a few changes:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0xD0052F

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @take
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
setflag 0x828
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

#org @3
= [black_rs]You received an Absol!

#org @5
= Better not hurt him!

#org @6
= I hope Absol is fine.

Can anybody help me?

Supports:
Spoiler:
| |

Old January 28th, 2013, 08:45 AM
SpadeEdge16

How would I go about making a level script that starts in the players room BEFORE the player is actually shown in their room? Can I do that? What i want to do is go through the intro of telling oak your name and all that, then when you shrink down into an OW, instead of just starting off in your room, a script will start that warps the player to a different map, they do a little story stuff, then it ends, and warps them back to their room into their bed, like if it was all a dream? I know how to do all of this except for the initial activation of the level script, because I'm bad with those. o-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflye View Post
No, it did not help. To be honest, I don't see also difference between your script and mine. Anyway, I tried to use other tutorials, I added also "lock" and "faceplayer", but still the game freezes when I select "Yes". Here's the script with a few changes:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0xD0052F

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @take
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
setflag 0x828
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

#org @3
= [black_rs]You received an Absol!

#org @5
= Better not hurt him!

#org @6
= I hope Absol is fine.

Can anybody help me?
Haha, this may be an easy fix, let me know if this helps. Try changing "compare lastresult 0x1" to "compare 0x300D" or "compare lastresult 0x300D"

Last edited by SpadeEdge16; January 28th, 2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here