The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Further evidence to back-up Player Customization is the fact that the Player isn't seen throwing a Pokemon when a battle begins in the videos. Perhaps they can't have that feature in the game because of the wide variety of player sprites...
That's a good point but perhaps the throwing Pokeball thing just doesn't occur in a few situations and otherwise occurs in others, since we don't know if it's just a one-time thing for now.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:09 PM
James_Terrano
Unhatched Egg

I hope so. Player customization would be a good addition in the game compared to previous games.
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Mato

Nature: Impish
I'd like character customization to be implemented someday. I don't think it will for X and Y, but we can dream.

But it has be full-blown customization for me to be satisfied. Not just face, but clothes too!
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:40 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
If XY does have customization, it will be small, like sunglasses or hat. Most people would be happy with that, even if it seems small.

Didn't Dragon Quest 9 for the DS have custom characters and a similar visual style to XY?
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:25 PM
xDust
Pokémon Master

Nature: Jolly
In my opinion I really don't care about character customization, sure it would be nice but I can get used to the main characters.
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Arco!
Experienced Arcanine Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Arco!
I really hope that it is player customization. I can't see any other reason why they would show the character standing in the mirror else. Unless it was to show off the character... but I don't think so! it would be awesome to be able to customize our character, even if it was just the clothes ..
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
What I'd also like to see in the customization in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y is also the type of bag you'd be wearing, not just the hat, clothing, shoes and sunglasses. It would also be nice to see scarfs in the game as well, anything to do with accessories. Maybe even badges you could put on your character? And maybe even the Gym Badges you'd be able to put on as well?

There's a huge opportunity for many of those things to be implemented. Even some places may expect the player to be wearing certain things, most certainly to maybe even disguise as the evil team's Grunt or something, like how it was in HeartGold and SoulSilver in a way.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Theory_
Unhatched Egg

This would a nice thing to add
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Xusha
Unhatched Egg

I think it's pretty obvious that it will be implemented. When Yu-Gi-Oh switched to 3D models in their games, that's when they added customization. It's a lot easier to have customization with 3D models than sprites. The only question in my head is the extent of which it will go. It will probably be limited to clothing, and accessories, due to the fact most games have a canon head characters.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xusha View Post
I think it's pretty obvious that it will be implemented. When Yu-Gi-Oh switched to 3D models in their games, that's when they added customization. It's a lot easier to have customization with 3D models than sprites. The only question in my head is the extent of which it will go. It will probably be limited to clothing, and accessories, due to the fact most games have a canon head characters.
Yeah, I remember when games like Animal Crossing: Wild World introduced hats and eye-wear, and soon with Animal Crossing: New Leaf having Shoes and other accessories.

Because of the 3D in newer games... has given developers the opportunity to bring in more unique features. And yeah, I do think Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be limited to hats, clothing, shoes and many different accessories.

They could also give the player options on where to put the eye-wear as well, seeing as we've seen the sunglasses on the player's hat in the trailer. ;)

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Yeah, I remember when games like Animal Crossing: Wild World introduced hats and eye-wear, and soon with Animal Crossing: New Leaf having Shoes and other accessories.

Because of the 3D in newer games... has given developers the opportunity to bring in more unique features. And yeah, I do think Pokémon X and Pokémon Y would be limited to hats, clothing, shoes and many different accessories.

They could also give the player options on where to put the eye-wear as well, seeing as we've seen the sunglasses on the player's hat in the trailer. ;)
Oh talking of eye-wear, I wonder if we can wear makeup if we do indeed have customisation. I mean much like the mii's, p much. Actually I kind of hope that if we can wear makeup that we get a good control over how we look and the design we can wear each day :3 BUT still I hope we don't get to alter too much, I'd like to keep the protagonists the same overall, but still, minor changes I'd embrace.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Sagiri

Eh, it may be in there, but, personally, I don't care.

I really don't understand why people care about what their character looks like - it doesn't matter. I don't think adding in the feature would add anything to the game (especially since any customization will probably be in the style of The Sims which pretty much makes it impossible to make the character look like you anyway).

I'm not against it, per se, but if its there, it's definitely a feature I'll ignore.

Last edited by Sagiri; June 21st, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I certainly want the opportunity to customize my player. You only get two options to create your character's looks, which are, to play either a male or female character, and therefore, have to either carry a blue or a pink bag respectively, which in my opinion is a very limited selection. I hope to see at least a wide range of characters so that we can choose one that we like the look of the most. If not then there should be an option where we can choose what clothes to wear, and what color bag we'd like to take on our journey.
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I think we'll end up with player customization. I recently played the new Fire Emblem game demo on the 3DS and it starts you off customizing your character (of course it's the demo so you can't really do much).

And while yes this is a completely unrelated game, it at least shows that the capabilities are there and it can be done right so whose to stay GameFreak won't be doing this too?
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Oh talking of eye-wear, I wonder if we can wear makeup if we do indeed have customisation. I mean much like the mii's, p much. Actually I kind of hope that if we can wear makeup that we get a good control over how we look and the design we can wear each day :3 BUT still I hope we don't get to alter too much, I'd like to keep the protagonists the same overall, but still, minor changes I'd embrace.
Hm... makeup... it would be interesting to see players be able to customize their character with makeup in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Yeah something like how you design the Mii character, minus the eyes, nose and mouth.

Maybe there could also be a hairdresser in the game as well where you could customize your hair. That would be interesting. :3

Old January 28th, 2013, 05:00 PM
PoisonEmeralds
Rookie ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammond View Post
Did anyone else notice the first clip in the trailer where the player is standing in front of a mirror? Maybe this means we might finally get customization.. Hmmm
I really hope we do because the character in the trailer looks god awful. >< I doubt we will though knowing nintendo -.- such trolls they are....
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:15 PM
AoE-Valcar
Whovian

Nature: Lax
I've heard that in Gen VI we actually might be able to customize the character! Has anyone else heard this rumour and if you have and if it is implemented do you think it'll be like in Gen III where their will shops that sell clothing like how they sold furniture for the secret bases or it will start you with default clothes and you can change the colors?
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:30 PM
SpitfireYoshi

I heard of it. And I really like the idea. Have a store where they sell accesories* ^-^ Would be a fun feature.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:38 PM
AoE-Valcar
Whovian

Sell Hoodies, and jeans and that sort. I might actually buy a 3DS if you can, if not i can wait for my birthday to get one. Their arent very many games out yet i think i would like so i haven't really thought about getting it.
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Tielur

Nature: Jolly
I would say having shops, but also it would be cool if there were like unlockable items kinda like now B/W2 had the medals.
ps unlocking a Chespin hat is mandatory
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
If there will be a huge shopping tower, they could add shops that sells clothing and accessories there.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:35 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Um...yeah? That would be great...but I don't like shopping so I guess I'll just skip it. Or maybe not.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:40 AM
Vyria
♔ lower your expectations ♔

Nature: Relaxed
I heard this too, and it sounds really exciting.
Customization is one of my favourite features in games, I get attached a character easier and it also helps make a game more replayable and changes the experience.

Amanda || not jailbait || Australia || sold my soul to kpop
tumblr/twitter/myanimelist/backloggery
Pokemon Black 2 team:

Old January 31st, 2013, 02:49 AM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
I'm 90% sure they'll do clothing. But, what if they chose you to customise your own face? Wouldn't that add a twist?
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:17 AM
AoE-Valcar
Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tielur View Post
I would say having shops, but also it would be cool if there were like unlockable items kinda like now B/W2 had the medals.
ps unlocking a Chespin hat is mandatory
That is a good idea. Maybe you could unlock items with the medals and you get a medal for choosing your starter and whatever starter you get you get a hat of the starter? Id probably get a chespin hat too!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here