• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Location Challenge!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

The Location Challenge

Temperature-shifts-may-change-global-rain.jpg

351.png
Backstory
351.png

You are an aspiring Pokémon Trainer, ready to start your journey. You've spent the past few years learning more and more about Pokémon and planning out various teams.
Finally, the big day arrives and you rush to the Lab to get your very first Pokémon. The Professor greets you and you eagerly smile, thinking of the adventure you are about to begin. As you daydream through most of the Professor's speech, you finally feel a firm grip of your shoulder. You open your eyes and see the professor glancing at you, upset about his wasted speech.
You quickly apologise and promise the Professor you'll help him with his research as a way of apologising. He looks at you happily and points at his computer screen. You immediately notice a huge map full of various symbols and colours and notes. You ask the Professor about it and he reveals that he is trying to find out which Pokémon live in which areas based on temperatures and locations. He then points at your home region and asks you to build a representative team, to help with his research.
Despite your other plans, you decide to help the Professor, mainly because you owe him one.
After obtaining your Pokédex and PokéBalls and pick your very first partner, you are ready to go.
So... what's your region like?

351-sun.png
Rules
351-sun.png

351.png
You may only trade in order to evolve your Pokémon or if your game of choice is Pokémon XD or Colosseum.
351.png
Hacking/Cheating is not allowed.
351.png
You are not allowed to use Pokémon that can change types. (Rotom for example).
351.png
Legendary Pokémon are not allowed.
351.png
If one of your Pokémon's pre-evolution has a different type than the one you are supposed to use, you must evolve it as soon as possible.
351.png
You may only use one Pokémon of each type.
351.png
Your team must be assigned by another challenger.
351.png
Your challenge ends when you've defeated the Champion in your region as follows:
Spoiler:

351-hail.png
Obtaining your team
351-hail.png

Using a search engine, find out the general weather forecast in your area for the next 7 days.
Add up all the high and low temperatures for each day, then divide the number you obtained by 14 in order to obtain an average temperature for each day.
Based on your number, use the list bellow to find out what types you may use.

351-hail.png
10° Celsius/50° Fahrenheit and bellow:
WaterIC.gif
IceIC.gif
GhostIC.gif
SteelIC.gif
DarkIC.gif
PoisonIC.gif

351-rain.png
11° Celsius/51° Fahrenheit- 25° Celsius/77° Fahrenheit:
FightingIC.gif
RockIC.gif
GrassIC.gif
BugIC.gif
NormalIC.gif
FairyIC.gif
(a Pokémon that gains the Fairy type in Gen VI for Generations I-V)
351-sun.png
26° Celsius/78° Fahrenheit and above:
FireIC.gif
FlyingIC.gif
ElectricIC.gif
PsychicIC.gif
DragonIC.gif
GroundIC.gif

351-rain.png
Challengers
351-rain.png

Spoiler:

351-sun.png
Champions
351-sun.png

Spoiler:

351-hail.png
Sign-up Form
351-hail.png

Should you wish to join, please fill up this sign-up form:

Spoiler:

351-rain.png
Credits
351-rain.png

Original Owner- GreatTornado

Last edited:
Years
Your Pokemon are: Heatmor, Swanna, Galvantula, Beheeyem, Haxorus, and Swoobat.

As for my signup:

Username: Luigi-San
Version: Silver
Degree Range: 15 degrees Celcius/59 degrees Fahrenheit and below

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Luigi-San, you can have..: Gyarados, Piloswine, Haunter (If trade is available, use Gengar), Skarmory, Umbreon and Nidoqueen.

I got 30°F for mine.

Username: BlueShellBeast
Version: Crystal
Degree Range: Water, Ice, Ghost, Steel, Dark and Poison

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
BlueShellBeast, you get Misdreavus, Umbreon, Sneasel, Forretress, Qwilfish and Venomoth. Good Luck!

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
BlueShellBeast, you get Misdreavus, Umbreon, Sneasel, Forretress, Qwilfish and Venomoth. Good Luck!
I apologize, but could you switch one of those Pokemon with one I can get Pre-Gym 2. The first one that I can get legally on this team is Pienco (which evolves into Forretress of course) after Gym 2 in the Illex Forest. (Both Misdrevus and Sneasel can only be gotten in the Mt. Silver area ((Which I'm fine with, I suppose)), Qwilfish after getting to Kanto ((Super Rod is gotten on Silence Bridge)), Eevee is obtained right before Gym 4 ((Have to talk to Bill about the Time Capsule first)), and Venonat can only be captured in Bug Catching Tournaments ((Right before Gym 3)). )

Of course, if you're fine with me starting up the challenge at Illex Forest, or perhaps hacking in my first available Pokemon (Pienco) prior to the first gym, then you don't have to switch anything.

Moist

Years
Sorry, I haven't played a gen 2 game in a while. Your new team is Poliwrath, Jynx, Haunter (Gengar if you can trade), Ariados, Magneton and Umbreon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Sounds like fun.

Username: Seraphimon-sama
Version: Blaze Black 2
Degree Range: 16 degrees Celcius/60 degrees Fahrenheit - 30 degrees Celcius/89 degrees Fahrenheit

Moist

Years
Sounds like fun.

Username: Seraphimon-sama
Version: Blaze Black 2
Degree Range: 16 degrees Celcius/60 degrees Fahrenheit - 30 degrees Celcius/89 degrees Fahrenheit

I have no idea what pokemon are in Blaze Black 2 so forgive me if any of these pokemon aren't available. You get Machamp, Roserade, Sandslash, Leavanny, Golem and Audino.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I have no idea what pokemon are in Blaze Black 2 so forgive me if any of these pokemon aren't available. You get Machamp, Roserade, Sandslash, Leavanny, Golem and Audino.

Thanks. That's a well-balanced team. The only one I would have a problem with is Leavanny, due to it being a Bug-Type, but I'll use it anyway.

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Pokemon Crystal Update #1

Badges:
Zephyr_Badge.png
Hive_Badge.png
Plain_Badge.png

I thought that I might as well give a 3rd Badge update. Which, surprisingly enough, I struggled more with Falkner than with Whitney. At any rate... I chose Totodile at the start in order to use it as a cut slave and rushed through the beginning part of the game, quickly catching a Spinarak, Poliwag, and a Gastly right off the bat. I boxed my Totodile at this point and used my Spinarak to beat through Bellsprout tower. After that, I trained the other two on my team slightly. I got lucky, and my (at the time) level 8 Poliwag ended up beating his Pidgeotto. Poliwag then was able to zoom through both Slowpoke Well and Bugsy's gym. My Rival then went down without much effort.

Realizing that none of my team could learn cut, I got out Totodile and taught him cut. After getting through Ilex Forest, I stared at the Pokemon Communication Center and then put Totodile back into its box and then beat through the underground tunnel. Feeling pretty good with my levels at that point, I entered Whitney's gym and slammed through everyone with Poliwag. Whitney's Milktank was quickly finished off by Gastly's Curse and Hypnosis. With that, I grabbed my Plain Badge out of Whitney's shaking hands and saved the game.

Current Team:
Spoiler:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
Username: LilJz1234
Version: Ruby
Degree Range: 15 degrees Celcius/59 degrees Fahrenheit and below
Blah, my computer crashed as I was trying to post an update... Ah well, I'll just go with a less detailed version... And I guess no spoiler tags around my team since those are acting up right now... weird.

At any rate, LilJz, how about... Swampert, Walrein, Dusclops, Aggron, Mightyena, and Weezing.

(Less Detailed) Crystal Update #2

Badges Recently Received:
Fog_Badge.png
Storm_Badge.png
Mineral_Badge.png
Glacier_Badge.png
Rising_Badge.png

I got every Pokemon but Jynx (Who is only out in the morning and day hours). Traded Haunter with myself to evolve him into a Gengar. Used Eevee through the whole thing to try to evolve him, but his happiness doesn't want to budge. My other guys evolved. Made quick work of each gym, and now I'm twiddling my fingers waiting for the morning (well, more like finally working on my homework that I was ignoring).

Current Team:

Spr_2c_133.gif

イーブイ the Eevee (M)
Level 45
Moves:
-Take Down
-Baton Pass
-Sand-Attack
-Quick Attack

Spr_2c_168.gif

アリアドス the Ariados (M)
Level 28