The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 27th, 2013 (07:36 AM).
Starry Windy
Show Your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I think some of the Legendaries are bad, like how Thundurus and Tornadus wreck havoc until they are calmed down by Landorus.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
Old January 27th, 2013 (07:39 AM).
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Heart View Post
I think some of the Legendaries are bad, like how Thundurus and Tornadus wreck havoc until they are calmed down by Landorus.
They were fighting another weren't they?
Old January 27th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I remember in one episode of the anime. Pikachu and Squirtle said that Ekans and Koffing were evil. And Koffing and Ekans replied by saying that they were not evil, only their masters make them do bad things.

So that pretty much says stuffs about how Pokemon react don't they? Also aren't Pokemon like animals? Animals are also vicious sometimes but they're certainly not evil. Also, I don't think Arceus would make an evil Pokemon. What would be the point of making an evil Pokemon?
Old January 27th, 2013 (08:41 AM).
Umbr30n
Laggity Laggity Flash Crash!

Username: Umbr30n
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Rayquaza and Mewtwo

Answer a Topic: There's a possibility here. Only Darkrai really stands out right now. It's been doing bad deeds to citizens of Sinnoh (And possibly other regions too). Besides, I don't really think Darkrai will go around giving nightmares because of how it's rival has been. But then, what would have motivated it to go around causing panic? Why would it put LOADS of people in nightmares? I don't think maliciousness would go this far. However, there is just a slight chance it would have put Team Galactic in nightmares. If this is the case, then ROFL.

What's your favorite signature Legendary Pokémon attack?

Definitely Sacred Fire. It's so awesome. Since Ho-Oh is more of a Physical Attacker, Sacred Fire hits hard and it's a very good move. Plus a 50% chance of burning. That's once every two uses, which is awesomely helpful compared to other moves that have burn chance.
Old January 28th, 2013 (01:57 PM).
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Welcome, folks! Now, I really wish we had some Xerneas and Yveltal sprites to add, gah. :D

What do you think about Xerneas and Yveltal, the new Legendary Pokémon?
Love 'em! They are amazingly designed. I see Xerneas potentially being part Grass/Steel/Psychic while Yveltal could be Flying/Dark/Fire or even Poison or Fighting. I believe they could change their types through some move or some in-game event, kind of like Rotom.

Are Legendary Pokémon really capable of being Good/Evil?
Darkrai isn't exactly malicious (at least in the movie, dunno about the games). Those attacks are mostly defense mechanisms. That's Darkrai's power, to induce sleep and cause nightmares. I guess he can disappear or flee, but he may decide to send his opponent into sleep to ensure that he won't be pursued nor bothered.

Legendary Pokemon are sometimes misunderstood, haha. I remember from Lugia's Pokedex entry that it quietly spends its time in the ocean because its wings are strong enough to knock over houses. :( Like LilJz said, the legendary Pokemon often start fighting when provoked rather than engaging in evil activities. Legendaries do what they want and may destroy their surroundings or cause intense droughts or bend time or... whoops!

Old January 28th, 2013 (03:54 PM).
CourageHound

OBJECTION!!!

I just thought of something. Mewtwo was an antagonist in the movie until it had a change of heart. And it's even its dex entry says it has the most shrude and savage heart of all Pokemon.

Thus, mewtwo is the only known pokemon naturally capable of expressing truly evil actions or thoughts
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:06 PM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Don't forget it was also created by Man. And Man are known for being cruel and savage beings.
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
CourageHound

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Don't forget it was also created by Man. And Man are known for being cruel and savage beings.
True that. And I gues he wouldnt be so bad if Team Rocket hadnt corrupted him
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Yep, he was pretty mad to know that he was just a mere creation of humans. So basically it was because of Team Rocket he became mad. That alone was like putting gasoline into the fire.
Old January 28th, 2013 (05:35 PM).
Starry Windy
Show Your Victory!
Community Supporter

I think Mewtwo is mad because it feels like it is used as a tool (of Team Rocket's boss), or so I've heard.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
"... But I won't give up! I won't lose anymore!" - Wally
Old January 29th, 2013 (12:48 AM).
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Username: ForeverDash
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Reshiram & Moltres
Answer a Topic:
▪ Are Legendary Pokémon really capable of being Good/Evil?
- Yeah I think they are. In the movies it really shows that they are capable of being good/evil.
Old January 31st, 2013 (08:57 AM).
Chaos Fork
Anything Goes

Nature: Calm
Username: Chaos Fork
Legendary partners: Kyurem and Genesect
Topic: favourite legendary: maybe Kyurem. An extraterrestrial dragon covered in ice representing yin and yang. Dayuuuum. It has a really cool back story too. Its the corpse of the original dragon before Reshiram and Zekrom separated.
Old February 1st, 2013 (03:59 AM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Hi I'd like to join.

Username:AWsquared
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Lugia and Kyogre (but man wish I could picked Yveltal)
Answer a Topic:What is your favorite legendary Pokémon?(going with this one will answer the current one later)
Lugia. My absolute favorite Pokemon movie is Pokemon 2000 and after seeing that , I started to really like Lugia. Though I originally picked Gold, my friend used to give me clone Lugia using the infamous clone glitch via trade and I have many memories of him trading over Lugia which I eventually used to beat the game on many occasions. XD

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old February 1st, 2013 (06:17 AM).
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria

▪ What's your favorite signature Legendary Pokémon attack?

Definitely V-Create. Simply a beautiful attack, the most powerful one (one of the most maybe) and made by the cutiest Pokémon ever bwhahaha.
Victini's cutie ears ignite into flames. The flames then disappear, leaving a V-shaped yellow flame around its head and a red aura around Victini's body. Victini then rushes towards on its opponent and headbutts it *BOOM*, causing a gigantic explosion. I can't imagine with Sunny Day.

Just have a look!
Spoiler:

Oh well, about Mewtwo... It is very easy and hard to say it. At first, he thinks that he's not complete, because he's a part of the Ancient Pokémon Mew. He can see Mew's pictures of its past, as seen in the movie.
Mewtwo keeping asking who is he, and he can't find and answer this question in his heart and mind, and
so it will attack primarily responsible for its non-reason: humans. He wants to prove to himself his power and defeat Mew and wants to prove that he is unique. At the end, we can see that he forgive himself and all his anger, and help and protect all Pokémon with his own power.
Mewtwo is a very brave Pokémon for me, he had an hard life to understand life as an human, now, he thinks as a Pokémon being! :D
Old February 1st, 2013 (06:46 AM).
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Username: Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Mewtwo and Zekrom.

What do you think about Xerneas and Yveltal, the new legendary PKMNs? (I'll answer the current later.)

They're pretty awesome. Xerneas looks a bit like Virizion, something that I don't like...prefer Yveltal, I always loved Dragon legendaries, they're strong! And something that I like about Yveltal is it's Y pose. It's awesome, right?

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old February 2nd, 2013 (09:10 AM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I would say Sacred Fire. The attack is strong and you don't need to recharge after it hits like some signature moves of other legendaries. Plus it's very strong and Ho-oh gets a STAB bonus from it
Old February 2nd, 2013 (10:36 AM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

On the topic of whether Pokemon can be good or evil, I don't think it's any different from them, than it is for humans. I think any Pokemon can be good or evil, if that is what they choose to be, however I agree that they can also be manipulated into doing evil by their trainers, even if it isn't what they want to do. Pokemon are obviously far above the intelligence of most real life animals, so decisions like these are something they're capable of making, however there doesn't seem to be much emphasis on these sides of the Pokemon, since most Pokemon we see in the anime are owned by trainers, and usually stay loyal to their trainers after capture, while this kind of thought usually isn't given to wild Pokemon. It's mostly with legendary Pokemon where this is brought up (like this discussion xp), however with those, being evil is mostly caused by something that has happened to them, and not necessarily by choice, like with Mewtwo. If Giovanni hadn't claimed to be above Mewtwo in any way, I doubt he'd have turned out like it did. Of course it's still possible, as it was also lead with him knowing that he wasn't even a real Pokemon, but I think he felt like he was, when Giovanni claimed to be his partner.

One thing though, I think Dark type is known as evil type in Japan, so whether Pokemon can be evil or not may already have been decided back in gen 2.

But yeah, can't say much for the whole good/evil relation between Xerneas and Yveltal, however I'm not turning the possibility down. Though the concept is pretty cliché, it works :p
Old February 2nd, 2013 (01:33 PM).
Galoria
Moo~ ♪

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria

What do you think about Xerneas and Yveltal, the new legendary PKMNs?

They're both pretty awesome. Yveltal is so inspirated from the bird Quetzalcoal!
But my favorite one is Xerneas. This one reminds me Virizon. I never used this Pokémon, but I love the way they're attached to nature.
Yveltal looks like a Dragon and Ghost or even Dark type.
About Xerneas, I'm pretty sure it is Grass and Psy. But we will see that, very soon o:
My favorite one is Xerneas for sure. But both of them are pretty well designed.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (02:13 PM).
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Username: Regeneration
Partners: Articuno, Mew

Ahhh what are we discussing? :(
What is your favourite signature legendary Pokemon Attack?

Sacred fire! With a Ho-oh theme ain't that obvious? :D Killer move but sadly I don't get to use Ho-oh in competitive.
Old February 10th, 2013 (08:40 AM).
Dradier234

I'll give this a shot..
Username: Dradier234
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Zekrom & Giratina
Answer a Topic:
▪ Are Legendary Pokémon really capable of being Good/Evil?
- I think all legendarys have there own opinion of good or evil.
Old February 11th, 2013 (09:02 PM).
WarriorOfDarkness
Unhatched Egg

Signups

Username: WarriorOfDarkness
Legendary Partners: Darkrai and Kyogre

Current Topic: Are legendary Pokemon capable of being good/evil?

IMO, yes. You can take a look at the Swords of Justice, who prevented a war between Pokemon and people; and Pokemon like Genesect, who were created by Team Plasma.
Old February 12th, 2013 (11:04 AM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Username: Cosmotone8
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Dialga & Xerneas (If Xerneas isn't okay, then I'll take Latias)
Answer a Topic: I'm going to go with Olli on this topic. Pokemon can be manipulated into being good or evil, just like people. No Pokemon is directly bad from the beginning, maybe just influenced into being that way.
On the Xerneas and Yvetal, subject, I like Xerneas a LOT. Way better than any of the Gen V mascots, that's for sure. As for types, I'm going to guess that its a Grass-Ghost type, but I'm not sure that will stand with the supposed new type being released.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 13th, 2013 (04:07 PM).
Chaos Fork
Anything Goes

Maybe Spatial Rend. Although I don't really like Palkia, this move can be devastating. Base 100 power with upped chance to get a critical hit. Either that or Doom Desire. I've never actually used it in battle yet, since I don't have Jirachi, but LOOK AT THOSE FLASHY EXPLOSIONS.
Old February 14th, 2013 (05:49 AM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Username: Cosmotone8
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Dialga & Xerneas (If Xerneas isn't okay, then I'll take Latias)
Answer a Topic: I'm going to go with Olli on this topic. Pokemon can be manipulated into being good or evil, just like people. No Pokemon is directly bad from the beginning, maybe just influenced into being that way.
On the Xerneas and Yvetal, subject, I like Xerneas a LOT. Way better than any of the Gen V mascots, that's for sure. As for types, I'm going to guess that its a Grass-Ghost type, but I'm not sure that will stand with the supposed new type being released.
Oh yeah, I forgot all about their typings. On the whole discussion about whether Xerneas might have multiple typings; while I think it'd be cool, I also think it'd either make it really OP or way too hard to use, depending on how the typings are chosen. If it was random from battle to battle, with a specific moveset for each typing, I don't know how well I'd take it. It could be really great, but it could also potentially ruin a team set-up, which wouldn't really make it that great to use at any time. And if you chose typings yourself, it would basically just be another Arceus, just without the need of the plates. It's most likely a dual typing of Grass and something else, although I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yveltal seems more straightforward. It looks like a Flying/Dark type, and I guess there may be more to it, like an alternate form or something, but that's about all I can see from it right now.
Old February 15th, 2013 (06:30 PM).
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galoria View Post

▪ What's your favorite signature Legendary Pokémon attack?

Whoops, forgot to answer this one. Favorite signature attack would probably be....erm...maybe Roar of Time? It looks pretty awesome in terms of animation, and the power it deals is devastating in combination with Dialga's maxed Sp. Attack.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links