The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus

Advertise here
I didn't see any threads of this yet so i decided to make this one. So as we all know, in previous generations, the fly and surf animations have been evolving since gen 1. So my question is Do you think that the Fly and/or surf animation will improve in X and Y(like actually show the pokemon using the move)? Or be the same as BW/B2W2? Would it be to much work for GF right now? What are your thoughts on this?

I think it would be a great improvement if they showed you mounting the actual pokemon and having that pokemon Fly/Surf away.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Old owner of: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Taking advantage of the 3D models so they can show the actual Pokemon using the move instead of a default bird/whale blob would be awesome, and probably not that hard... though the smaller critters would probably look funny, wobbling around with a human on their back.

I'd like to see the Pokemon actually doing something for the other field moves, too.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
It'd be cool to see the individual Pokemon using moves rather than the default animations and such.

But, I know it's possible to hack illegitimate moves onto a Pokemon so would that cause problems...? I know nothing about hacking or coding so maybe someone could enlighten me.

I kind of want to see a game where they utilize a bunch of field effects, like reintroducing Headbutt and Flash (as a TM) while minimizing the amount of HMs. I think it was HGSS that had 8 HMs? The ONLY HM move that I like is Surf, I hate the rest with a passion.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Well, they didn't have defined sprites in HG/SS even though every Pokemon had special overworld sprites. I think they'll use default/generic looks again.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Yep I agree with Xander, as much as I'd like to disagree. Just too much work for too little gain. And Azalea, since this game is on the 3DS it is going to be a challenge and kinda pointless to hack it, since there are no emulators to play 3DS games on because it's hard to crack.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Most of the reasons why Game Freak didn't show the Pokémon using Fly or Surf... is due to the graphical limitations of the hardware, and even the Nintendo DS itself didn't have enough in the way of space to do this kind of thing.

We probably will see a change in this at long last, it would be great to see your own Pokémon actually using the move, such as the player getting onto the Pokémon rather than the character getting onto some shadowy figure. It would be really nice to actually also see the player get onto the Pokémon while flying into the air, it would be amazing... showing the detail of the animation.

I do believe it would improve in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and I really hope it does!

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
There is already a discussion about whether the Surf animation will be changed in the Surfing thread. There is also already discussion about the the Fly animation in the HM thread. Because of that, I'm gonna close this now. Thanks.

Closed

Sponsored Links

Advertise here