• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen If The Follow-Me Feature Came Back...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Aggron! Don't ask me why, but I have always been a fan of Aggron. His Cry is a Train Whistle. He is a bipedal triceratops of METAL !!!!

I want all of the Pokemon to follow me!!!! for the 649 Pokemon, like half of them are my "favorite"!

Follow Me made HGSS stand out from the rest. It was the best feature of the game!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I'd like that. don't know which poke though, I do always get a lol by having big ones (wailord) etc following me around though.

Sunbean

Breeeeeder
Years
Yesss, getting the follow-me feature back would be lovely. :3

I'd also like it if eligible Pokemon could be ridden on. Maybe a special HM. It'd be a method faster than the bike/roller skates.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I love the follow me feature. Would love if you could have two Pokemon outta their Pokeballs too, so I can run around with Espeon and Umbreon, haha!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think this feature must return in Pokemon X and Y. Speaking of Pokemon walking, I would prefer Victini, Shaymin or Xerneas to follow me.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
i personally hate the follow me feature its ok to have but i dont care for it

Years
As much as I would like to see this again, the trailer probably says we won't.

I would like the follow-me feature back sometime, I'd love to have my fave Pokemon walk with me.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Although the trailer probably said Pokemon walking feature might not happen, I think it would be nice for them to put a switch to turn it on. Who knows Game Freak might surprise us with bringing this feature back.

Years
Oh man, I can just imagine how awesome it'll be if they re-added the follow me feature. I would love to have my Blastoise follow me, it'll also be awesome if I could surf on him aswell.

Is there anywhere we can write to Nintendo/GameFreak so that they can take this into consideration?!?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I would really love this feature to be implemented!! It would make gameplay all the more fun and memorable and lifelike :D Perhaps when the player hasn't moved for awhile, the following Pokemon could do it's own thing, like venturing out some distance from the player, or doing a dance, or blowing a fireball/spout some water, that sort of thing. :3 When the player wants to call the Pokemon back, there could be an option to whistle to it to alert it back to the player's side or something. That's just my opinion.

About asking GF to implement this feature, I don't know whether they would receive feedback from emails, but one could always try. :3

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I would love this to return. Thoguh I don't think it will since no Pokemon was following the hero/heroine in the preview/trailer thingy. Though, I would love Xerneas or Fennekin to follow me :3 But on other gens, I would love to make Reshiram follow me :33 But riding Pokemon seems really cool.

Years
Hmm, if it had been brought back and the size of the Pokemon were a little more in scale with our character, I'd love to have something like a Diglett or a Wailord follow me around. Other than that, though, I loved having my Butterfree follow me in HeartGold, and I'd love to have that again in 3D.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
It would be epic to be able to ride on certain pokemon (e.g. Arcanine and Tauros, but not things that aren't able to have a passenger, like drifbloom and hoppip) and have their Pokéathlon speed stat determine how fast they would go.
EDIT; While i was thinking about this: Why not make a Ride HM which would replace the bike?

Aquaphyre

水が好きな人
Years
I'd like the feature where pokemon can follow you around, but ONLY if you could turn it off when you wanted.... For me it got a little old....

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
It's 3D, anything might happen ;) . But I strongly vouch for it, since the follow me thing was REALLY cute, and I was like "Oh, my little Chiko is following me that's so cute!". Riding might be a slight overkill, but hey, all ideas are cool, right?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It would be epic to be able to ride on certain pokemon (e.g. Arcanine and Tauros, but not things that aren't able to have a passenger, like drifbloom and hoppip) and have their Pokéathlon speed stat determine how fast they would go.
EDIT; While i was thinking about this: Why not make a Ride HM which would replace the bike?

Riding on Pokemon and a HM to do that would just be... creepy. XD If the feature was to return I think it'd stick to just Pokemon following you or else you might get a re-appearance of N yelling at you :x

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I really couldn't have cared less for this feature in HG/SS the novelty wore off quickly and it got annoying since the Pokemon just wouldn't stay still, I personally do not wanna see its return unless it was actually helpful.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Really why would a simple follow me like HG and SS be nice?I didnt really saw it as anything special.It would be nice though having pokemon when they are small hanging or riding on your back.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I guess it'd be cool if it was more useful, like seeing the pokemon you're surfing on rather than some black blob, being able to actually fly to a location (if you want like in Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs) just more interactive with the HM's, I guess. xD

blue

gucci
Years
They actually planned to bring the feature back in B2W2, they incorporated around 500 Pokemon following sprites and then left it at that which obviously indicates they originally planned too. Maybe they wanted to hold it off for the Sixth Gen when it would be much more advanced with it being a 3D Game?

Back