The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Moza
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
As the title says who was your favorite pokemon? Not necessarily the strongest or anything but your favorite. Mine was probably my Staravia who pretty much carries my team through the game. It was also my first pokemon caught

Old January 26th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I loved my teams, I honestly could never actually make up my mind, which one was my favourite. I would say all of them, but if I had to choose one it'd probably be in Platinum, my Houndoom. I honestly loved it and after using Rapidash, I was really glad I caught this amazing guy <3. He's saved me out of many tight situations, whether it'd be my saviour in a gym battle, or even against a champion, I just loved it for different reasons. It was one of the only Pokemon I managed to get up to level 90, which is a record for me and it will always have a special place in my heart.

As for my Heartgold, I honestly can't decide either. Although I think I'm going to say Arcanine, when I first used it in my HG playthrough that started all of my passion and love towards the great canine <3. It had diverse moves, was adorable to tag along with, saved me out of many situations and I just really loved it. It might of not been as powerful as my Feraligatr or some of my other Pokemon, but something about it just instantly made it one of my favourites.
. :p
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Lunar Crescent
I choose you pikachu!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lunar Crescent
i loved my Poliwrath, saved me so many times and did serve well, but i loved all my team :/, my Starter Cyndaquil was great to!
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Starry Windy
The curious dude
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I loved my Togekiss, because it is one of my formidable fighter in Platinum. In HeartGold, I like my Dragonite.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:40 AM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
GARCHOMP. No question. I mean like, that guy KO'd Aaron, Flint and Cynthia for me. Outside, I found Gible really cut and easy to train, so yeah. I never really played HGSS so much, but I thought Arcanine was the best!
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:03 AM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
Well in DPPt, I'd say my Garchomp.

In HGSS, there's quite a few Pokemon I loved out of my team.. I really put effort into selecting my team in Heart Gold. (Most of them were steel types -- one of my favourite types.) With that I just can't...choose one so I'd say my Scizor, Skarmory and Heracross.

Also added the '4th Generation:' prefix for added clarity!
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
In Platinum, my Staraptor. She's able to knock out so many things easily with her Close Combat.

And in SoulSilver, my star would have to be my Miltank since she was able to beat all of Lance's Dragonite trio thanks to immobilizing them with Attract.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old January 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Moza
Unhatched Egg

I forgot to add, in HG my favorite would probably have to be my Vaporeon. She could take a lot of hits and then still deal some damage. She made it possible for me to beat HG.

Old January 27th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
In pokemon pearl I think it was my Medicham Luke who sweeped through 5 gyms and almost the leugue by himself.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Crackin355
Mime Jr.

During Platinum it was Rotom (Due to its rarity)

During SoulSilver it was Giratina (Traded it over with a friend since he wanted to be nice and give me a cool Pokemon for getting into the games since he didn't really have anyone to play them with)

During HeartGold it was Feraligatr (Because it was so strong and had a great diversity in moves. He actually took a Thunder and survived from Dragonite and Took out Lances entire team)

Kanto - Rainbow Badge - 5/3/13

----------------------------------------------------------
[Completed Monotype Challenges]
[Click on Type to go to Final Teams]
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Imperator161

I tend to develop a strong attachment to my starter, so I'd say that in Diamond/Platinum, my Empoleon was my favorite, in HG, my Feraligatr was my favorite, and in SS, my Typhlosion was my favorite. I haven't played Pearl too much, so I'm not attached to any of the Pokemon on that cartridge. On Diamond, I also love the shiny Squirtle that I hatched (pre-RNG, so the odds weren't exactly in my favor). On HG, I like my Ampharos a lot, too.
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:38 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
My Golduck. I gave it Blizzard, and that along with Surf, go me out of so many tight situations.

Even in the battle against Cynthia- her Garchomp bowed down to a Blizzard from him.
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Vei
Unhatched Egg

Hmm, on Diamond, probably my Lucario. Despite the fact that I didn't have it near the start of the game and only obtained it toward the end, I grew really attached to it and it tended to just sweep everybody.

And on Heart Gold, my Dragonite for sure. Dragonair is one of my favorites so that's why I initially caught a Dratini and it turned out to not only be more than I had hoped but also the strongest Pokemon on my team.
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
On Diamond, my Lucario. On Heart Gold, my Typhlosion. My Lucario: He's the strongest of my team, and loves me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. Typhlosion: Same thing.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Arlo

Luxray.

The first gen IV game I played was Diamond. The first pokemon I caught in the game was a Shinx. I thought it was pretty cute, but expected it to just be a typical early-game pokemon cat, and to end up mediocre at best. It ended up being the most dependable member of my team, and I've used one every chance I get since then.
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Caelus
Gone

On Diamond, definitely Empoleon. He was the first Pokemon I chose, was a water and steel type (giving him tons of resistances), and was reliable.

On Heartgold, Typhlosion was my favorite. I never had trouble winning matches when I used him.
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Empoleon quickly became my favorite Pokemon in my Platinum run. It was one of the few times I can actually remember having my starter be the feature Pokemon on my team throughout the whole game. Also, with a dozen resistances/immunities, it was generally easy to battle with.

As for my playthrough of HeartGold, Butterfree was my favorite. I largely ignored Butterfree and its prevolutions before HeartGold, but with CompoundEyes giving Stun Spore and Sleep Powder nearly 100% accuracy, Butterfree quickly became a major player on my team (unless I was facing a Rock type- then I'd let someone else take over).
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

In Platinum I really like Infernape and Giratina. Infernae cause My Favorite Pokemon in my team is usually the starters and It was just awesome. Giratina because It was strong and I really liked the way Giratina looked back then (Don't ask me why :D) In Soulsilver, my favorite was Typhlosion :D Same as the reason above with Infernape. I also really liked Lugia. It looked cool. I always loved Lugia and Aeroblast is just strong ;D
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:10 AM
seishiro-san
Inspirational
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Modest
Torterra for me, Torty all the way <3
= Medical Student Artist Fuszball =

Old January 29th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
In Platinum its Roserade for me, I love that Pokemon and I actually had the motivation to train it to Level 100!

Old January 29th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
In my Diamond version, I must admit I adored my Blissey. It wasn't strong at all or anything, but I taught it such an array of attacks that I could use it against any other Pokémon/team regardless of their type(s).
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:01 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
|Diamond: Empoleon/Electivire/Magmortar
Platinum: Gilscor/Togekiss
Heartgold: Machamp/Gliscor

Yeah in Sinoh I had a perference of using pokemons of former Gens who evolve in a gen4 Pokemon and that's how I met Gliscor, Such a tank, decent speed, fantastic movepool although lacked grass moves which didn't give him total coverage but apart from that it could learn a big variety of moves, I liked to use U turn on bulky waters which he couldn't 1 hit provided damage and good send out

Electivire,Magmortar and Gliscor cleaned the battle tower for me in Diamond like all pokes were made of butter

Machamp, I met him actually in the hack hardgold, I needed a fight Pokemon for Whitney and thought lemme trade that Drowzee for Machop, He became a beast his No-Guard + Stab Dynamic punch after some bluk ups almost solo'd Lance in a harder version of Heartgold..

In Platinum I did a Fly-only run And there I met Togekiss and wow, It is IMO (even with Wargle out there) the best noormal/flying Pokemon, Serene Grace works the best for him it can almost 100% Immobilize foes with Airslash 60% chance and Bodyslam/Thunderwave It can learn Aura sphere which is one of it's awesome features and roost on the top of it all to let the mascare of immobilization never end

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
In diamond was Gallade for me, I just felt great actually using a male version of the ralts evolutionary line. Also, how it is like a warrior. My inner warrior was released.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Evey
Female Red

Nature: Adamant
My friend traded me a Torchic and Eevee for my Cyndaquil and Togepi Egg. So those were my too favourite.
Same goes in Diamond. Friend traded me Torchic and Eevee for Chimchar and Shinx. Can't stand not having those two by my side...
Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I liked my Eevee best since I just love Eevee, and I get to choose what I want him to be, so he was my favorite
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here